⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg :rofl:

51FFC530-B7F2-49F7-9333-003AC0380429.jpeg

Hope ya'll know he was being sarcastic. :lol:

SAS actually echos the same thing most of this thread says about Russ.

Hope ya'll know he was being sarcastic. :lol:

SAS actually echos the same thing most of this thread says about Russ.

I haven't watched FT today yet but I figured this was the case. He did the same thing with Bron with a 'disclaimer' at the bottom of the screen every time he'd critique him for something.

thats the problem

He dont care about OUR expectations and what WE think of him

He is going out and playing HIS game not the game US fans want him to play and helping the team win

coming out college ppl had him compared to Lebron.. He didnt compare himself fans and the media did and not thats all you care about is him not avg certain amount of points per game
I think it's fair for people to expect him to work on his game year in and year out. It's not necessarily points people are asking him to score, just have a willingness to work on taking shots the defense is giving him.

People get on Giannis for the same thing and he seems to care about improving and being the best player he can be. I don't get the same feeling from Ben (which is okay) but just frustrating because he has the body and skillset to do anything on the court. He's still a fantastic player but he could be even better and right now it feels like fans want it more for him than he wants it for himself.

I haven't watched FT today yet but I figured this was the case. He did the same thing with Bron with a 'disclaimer' at the bottom of the screen every time he'd critique him for something.

Russell Westbrook himself and his fans have made it such that those things need to be highlighted prior to anything basketball-related.

Russell Westbrook himself and his fans have made it such that those things need to be highlighted prior to anything basketball-related.

Sometimes it feels like I’m missing a few pages in this thread because the Lil’ Russ haters speak about him more in here than the Lil’ Russ fans do

thing is Sixers are 32-6 this season when Embiid AND Simmons play

why change up his game when whatever hes doing now is working for a 1st place team?

if it wasnt working i would understand but until its broke dont fix it (playoffs will obv tell all)

i come with the facts yall just come with what yall wanna see the man do

I honestly don’t think it’s a gift at all, I think if he could calm down and keep his head straight he’d still be a a great rebounder, playmaker and occasionally driver.

Playing hard !=losing your head, it’s a weird excuse people seem to make for Westbrook. Like it’s cool that his decisionmaking gets awful in key moments, which is the dictionary definition of choking, because he does it in an intense way.

if Russ wasn't traded out of OKC, he could have ended up the same horrible player that he was, an "inefficient stat-padding triple-double player". the management and coach of that OKC team basically conditioned him to fail. I'd say he started to become and play better after he got traded. although it is not perfect, there are still instances that he shows those unnecessary bad habits which is difficult to change. on the otherhand, those bad habits are not as bad nor frequent as he was at OKC. I can safely say that OKC is a bad destination to any superstar or star level player. any player that left that organization has gone to become better players and have better success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom