Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
floyd stay winning...hes my favorite boxer ever but this 1 only time im hating cuz he won off bets which i should have done... prally woulda won a bet but not 6 racks though so props to him lol
Don’t be fooled. It’s known in Vegas that he has a huge gambling problem and he only posts what he wins. But he with every bet he hits there’s like 5 that he misses. Lol

It’s crazy that after a 12 round war, Lopez still does his signature backflip. Like aye bruh ain’t your equilibrium a little off? Don’t go breaking your neck lol

Congrats to Teo and his supporters, Bobby Layne Bobby Layne called it. Man, I'm shocked. Not by Lopez's power or even the speed he showed, but more so his fight IQ and heart. Everyone knew about the power and athleticism, but that boy legitimately outboxed the Rembrandt of the sport. Thought Vasiliy was painting his masterpiece, "The Night Watch" tonight.

I'mma rewatch today or Monday and hit y'all with a scorecard, but from memory, Loma took rounds 7 through 11. Teo ignored his father's advice and turnt up for R12, so that one definitely his. Despite the slow start, I don't think Vasiliy spotted Lopez the first 6 rounds.

Perhaps there was some ring rust, having not fought in 14 months. Minor hand injury after he knocked out Crolla, labrum surgery in 2018. Not making excuses, Lomachenko lost fair and square. Just trying to find a reason for the sluggish opening. Did Anatoly think Teo's power would wane in the back half of the bout and in the deep waters of the championship rounds?

I had it 115-113 Lopez. I think the body shot in the 2nd round that Lopez landed made Lomachenko more hesitant to start his offense than he would’ve liked. I had Lopez taking the first 6 rounds. Lomachenko took rounds 7-11 and Lopez won the 12th. Very good fight. Definitely worthy of a rematch. If Lomachenko started his offense a round or two earlier he probably would’ve won. But congrats to Lopez for toppling the P4P #1.

Lopez winning is fine, but the score cards are so bad they should throw out every single one of them. What were they watching?

Just ran the fight back and scored it 115-113 for teofimo after scoring it a draw live. Man, teofimo was locked in.

I also think lomachenko gave teofimo too much respect for the first 7 rounds. He took teofimos punches better than any of his previous opponents but didnt seem to realize that until he was in a 6 round hole. He needed to fight the way he fought from round 7-12 starting in the first half of the fight despite possibly getting stopped.

But great performance from teofimo. He was the better fighter.

Kaibutsu. 🔥
F1929B97-FFEC-49AD-8297-30EF47F004AA.jpeg

I had the exact same scoring as Ward. Round 1 to Teo, Round 2 to Loma, 3-6 to Teo, 7-11 Loma, 12 to Teo. A draw.

I think that Teo won the narrative of the fight through simply more activity in the first half and the heart he showed in the 12th. That said, from a technical perspective I felt that Loma hit him up top with some extremely crisp clean shots and the volume that Teo put in didn’t really result in very many clean crisp shots.

Think it was a flat out draw in terms of damage done to each other with Teo getting in some good body shots and a few uppercuts and with Loma getting in some very clean head snapping jabs, crosses, and a few short combos.

6-6
and am not mad at a 7-5 for Teo given the fight narrative story being won by him.

That bird with 1119-109 needs to be punished by a Cyborg beating in the ring

What intrigued me most about this fight was the multiple outcomes that could've happened, but teo staying poised and outboxing the #1 p4p boxer wasnt one of them. Happy as hell for teo but also mad disappointed at loma for being so timid the first half of the fight. I for sure thought he was gonna turn up rd 3 and pull his usual matrix moves but teo was always a step ahead. I had the fight 7 5 teo.

Ive always looked forward to lomas fights, its such a treat to see him perform being the only technician that does what he does. Really hope he bounces back, but for the time being the takeover has begun. Said it a few years back, teos the future.

Surprised fraudford didnt call out teo since he likes making cats come up/down to his division :lol:

Back
Top Bottom