Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think Mayweather at 43 with a 3 month camp beats the brakes off this 30 year old prime Canelo.

Canelo is great but simply hard for me to appreciate him as a p4p best of the sport when there is a clear tier of fighter better than him (Mayweather / Pac tier). Makes current era boxing seem weak if he’s the p4p

Bro.... Errol is my favorite fighter, but man you have to get off this man's nuts.

Errol is the bigger draw, but to say a unification fight off the 2 best welterweights does nothing for his legacy is blasphemy.

Sorry to interrupt Canelo's greatness. I'm getting caught up in the thread.

RELAX. I aint even a Spence fan but facts are facts :lol:. Money makes sense and who has the better resume clearly and bigger draw. its Spence and thats why he wants that split which is justified. Spence aint gotta bow down and try and meet halfway with Crawford. Spence is coasting right now meanwhile Crawford is in a battle with his promoter and his name doesnt promote for itself, and people who want the smoke with him he doesnt want to fight.

You gotta get off my nuts first and look at it from a birds eye view. Go argue with your mother about facts :lol:. I spit facts theres no feelings involved.

I still think Mayweather at 43 with a 3 month camp beats the brakes off this 30 year old prime Canelo.

Canelo is great but simply hard for me to appreciate him as a p4p best of the sport when there is a clear tier of fighter better than him (Mayweather / Pac tier). Makes current era boxing seem weak if he’s the p4p
Pac ain’t on the Mayweather tier. Mayweather made him looks average at best.

The man who has been consistantly getting guys outta here its crawford.

Again i cant credit someone as p4p when a majority of the fights occur at your weight and on short notice.

He looked great tonight dont get me wrong but . At the same time the only reason people thought this would be an issue for Canelo was due to length but man if Callum didnt telegraph a majority of his shots. Canelo was reading those from round 1.

Callum ain't fought a single american ir north american I should say yet he had a lot of praise coming in.

I agree with this take on ggg fight.

Crawfords ability to switch stances and still be lethal is what sets him apart. Hate on the resume all you want. I'll wait for the number of catch weight titles hes won. Also how many guys has crawford cherry picked to fight not even a month after a 12 round war (kov fight). Right it off but can you honestly tell me it ain't a trend?

Crawford gets hate but he is walking through the ww division if not stuck with bob arum.

Shawn porter would be another victim.

Canelo get charlo out without the gimmicks he got it. Until then na

What? Canelos fought the best from 154 to 168. crawford? Calls out 140 lbers and drains 154ers to his division.

He gets guys outta there only because they taylor made for him. Washed up khan and brook? Sadly those the two best ww fighters on his resume. I like bud, i honestly think he takes spence. But if you keep fighting washed up/low tier fighters it doesn't give you any kind of adversity.

When people start saying “robbed” to describe a close fight in which it could have gone either way, you know you can discard their opinions.

:lol: at best Canelito won 4 rounds that first fight. Your being generous if you gave him 5, and out of your mind if you gave him anymore than 6. GGG got robbed.

The second fight legitimately could have gone either way, but GGG’s jab was not nearly as effective as it was in the first fight, which is why I believe Canelo deserved the W.

🤣🤣🤣 I said nothing about money....

Fighting Crawford won't do anything for Spence's legacy?

You got it.

RELAX. I aint even a Spence fan but facts are facts :lol:. Money makes sense and who has the better resume clearly and bigger draw. its Spence and thats why he wants that split which is justified. Spence aint gotta bow down and try and meet halfway with Crawford. Spence is coasting right now meanwhile Crawford is in a battle with his promoter and his name doesnt promote for itself, and people who want the smoke with him he doesnt want to fight.

You gotta get off my nuts first and look at it from a birds eye view. Go argue with your mother about facts :lol:. I spit facts theres no feelings involved.

Crawford’s resume isn’t good enough to give him the P4P title. I’d put Errol over him just because Crawford hasn’t beaten anyone on Danny’s level yet.
I think you think Danny is better then he is.

That fight was only a thought bc you thought the accident may have given sammy a shot otherwise hes done.

Danny ain't beating either errol or bud on his best day.

Brook much better then danny easily.

Danny's best division is jr ww.
What? Canelos fought the best from 154 to 168. crawford? Calls out 140 lbers and drains 154ers to his division.

He gets guys outta there only because they taylor made for him. Washed up khan and brook? Sadly those the two best ww fighters on his r
Who has Canelo fought that was the best in the division? That didnt require a catchweight prior to him getting in the ring?

I'll wait

Terrible assessment.

Who is your p4p right now?

Terrible assessment.

Who is your p4p right now?

why? my assessment is that if he’s the best boxing has right now then this is a weak era. There’s a clear tier of boxer better than him.

I don’t have anyone. don’t follow boxing closely enough these days to make a fair assessment of others.

I think you think Danny is better then he is.

That fight was only a thought bc you thought the accident may have given sammy a shot otherwise hes done.

Danny ain't beating either errol or bud on his best day.

Brook much better then danny easily.

Danny's best division is jr ww.

I think you think Brook is better than he is :lol:. Danny ain’t nothing special, and I never thought he had a chance against Spence, but he’s still better than anyone Crawford has faced including the washed up Brook that went up to 160 and got mauled by GGG.

🤣🤣🤣 I said nothing about money....

Fighting Crawford won't do anything for Spence's legacy?

You got it.

Your WAY too in your feelings and completely missing what he is saying which has been all straight facts :lol: . Essentially Crawford needs Spence more than Spence needs him in all facets.

Your a Spence fan. you should know how he's playing his cards.

Last edited:
Don't know how people don't like Canelo.

A lot of good opponents at 168. Hopefully the right fights get made for next year.

why? my assessment is that if he’s the best boxing has right now then this is a weak era. There’s a clear tier of boxer better than him.

I don’t have anyone. don’t follow boxing closely enough these days to make a fair assessment of others.

It’s a weak era because he’s not as good as arguably the best boxer ever?

Tough crowd :lol:

Canelo is a bad man.

These young fighters can learn a lot from the way canelos career was managed. Granted hes gotten 3-4 VERY questionable decisions, he actualled LEARNED from the tough fights that he had in his early 20s which is why he is as great as he is now. You cant learn much fighting dudes you're favored against until you're 30.

Dude is the goods and is gonna be a problem for anyone.

Canelo is a bad man.

Granted hes gotten 3-4 VERY questionable decisions, he actualled LEARNED from the tough fights that he had in his early 20s which is why he is as great as he is now. You cant learn much fighting dudes you're favored against until you're 30.

Dude is the goods and is gonna be a problem for anyone.

He's gotten almost as much breaks as Chavez

Cánelo is overrated. He’s a top p4p guy, but number 1? That’s up for discussion. He fought great yesterday, but there is a ton fighters way better than this Smith. Zurdo Ramírez, David benavidez, Charlo bros. Canelo want to be the best Mexican fighter he needs to get in the ring these next few years and get guys out with out gimmicks and catch weights.

Only one I see giving Canelo problems is Charlo, that would be a great fight. I don't know if Canelo can make 160 anymore though. GGG trilogy is also interesting, but Golovkin might be too past it now.

Cánelo is overrated. He’s a top p4p guy, but number 1? That’s up for discussion. He fought great yesterday, but there is a ton fighters way better than this Smith. Zurdo Ramírez, David benavidez, Charlo bros. Canelo want to be the best Mexican fighter he needs to get in the ring these next few years and get guys out with out gimmicks and catch weights.

:lol:

Only one I see giving Canelo problems is Charlo, that would be a great fight. I don't know if Canelo can make 160 anymore though. GGG trilogy is also interesting, but Golovkin might be too past it now.

Funny thing is, even at his old age, golovkin is the only fighter to give canelo that kind of work since the Lara fight. Everyone else has been easy yet somehow golovkin still gets underrated and underappreciated by many.

Back
Top Bottom