OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So did Jones beat that case?

Nah he did 90 days I think home detention. The judge took into consideration he was a first offender and plead guilty.

Jack is so talented but he’s completely uncoachable. Besides Saban, getting with Herm May have been the best possible situation for him though.

ASU is the perfect place for him. Antonio Pierce will keep him in line. I think he coached him at Poly for 2-3 years

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne and others please ELI5 x football 101 me: Drake Jackson is going to play hybrid DE/DT but says where he lines up or whether his hand is on the ground or he’s standing up is up to him based on the look the offense gives. Reporters described seeing him line up somewhere, hand down, then stand up and blitz from a completely different spot.

How would that work and is it something that happens fairly often in cfb schemes?

10F97835-3E95-4E7C-AD4D-BEE74466CD09.jpeg

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne and others please ELI5 x football 101 me: Drake Jackson is going to play hybrid DE/DT but says where he lines up or whether his hand is on the ground or he’s standing up is up to him based on the look the offense gives. Reporters described seeing him line up somewhere, hand down, then stand up and blitz from a completely different spot.

How would that work and is it something that happens fairly often in cfb schemes?

A lot of teams like to play a 4 down 3-3-5 nickel and take one of their OLB's off the field and move one of their 3-4 DE's to the edge. Most of the time this guy lines up on the run strength (the side with the TE/HB) but it's sounding a little bit like SC might want to play their edge guys left and right, which in that scenario would mean he'd assume the WDE's role when that TE is lined up away from him. Since he's standing up I'd assume you guys might be planning to drop him in coverage a bit, because it's a lot harder for big guys to rush from a two point then it is for the smaller guys.

What you could also be describing is called a amoeba/psycho front. 99% teams outside of HS just use it as a pass rush package, and it's effective because it's very hard to set protections to it, you can send as little as 3 or 4 guys while making it look like 7 could potentially come, and those guys who are coming are coming from odd angles and stunting.

Oliver Martin is supposedly tearing it up in practice at Iowa right now. Says a lot about Sainristil that he passed him up after one spring as a EE.

Still wish Martin would have stayed tho considering at least two and possibly 3 Michigan WR's could leave for the NFL after this season.

A lot of teams like to play a 4 down 3-3-5 nickel and take one of their OLB's off the field and move one of their 3-4 DE's to the edge. Most of the time this guy lines up on the run strength (the side with the TE/HB) but it's sounding a little bit like SC might want to play their edge guys left and right, which in that scenario would mean he'd assume the WDE's role when that TE is lined up away from him. Since he's standing up I'd assume you guys might be planning to drop him in coverage a bit, because it's a lot harder for big guys to rush from a two point then it is for the smaller guys.

What you could also be describing is called a amoeba/psycho front. 99% teams outside of HS just use it as a pass rush package, and it's effective because it's very hard to set protections to it, you can send as little as 3 or 4 guys while making it look like 7 could potentially come, and those guys who are coming are coming from odd angles and stunting.

Thanks, this was informative.

Oliver Martin is supposedly tearing it up in practice at Iowa right now. Says a lot about Sainristil that he passed him up after one spring as a EE.

This isn't the impression I've gotten from Iowa fans, but who knows.

I think the person who tweeted it thought it was just a regular sled that players push and didn’t realize it’s a tackling one? I was confused too

Yeah, that's probably it. Unless they're laughing at how the LB didn't pop up afterwards? idk

It looks like some #Big3Twitter **** so who knows, lol

USC-MW

I fully expect this squad to go 5-7 or 6-6 which is a huge improvement for them

You may be getting Daniel Imatorbhebhe too. Lynn Swann (Yeah, I know) is forcing him off the team because he thinks he faked his injury the past two years and was trying to force him to take a medical redshirt and Daniel’s saying he had a hip injury misdiagnosed by the trainers so he went to an outside orthopedist to treat it. Clay and co. want him back on the roster but Swann is blocking it. It doesn’t fully make sense to me either.

————

Last edited:
Also, anyone heard about Tate potentially moving to receiver?

I've heard people say it would be a good idea for him to consider it but I don't think he's actually thinking about it. I don't think he's ever played receiver in his life.

Is there a game this weekend? In Australia or somewhere? I know college soccer and some other sports kick off tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom