OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

------

Also, no mention of Korey Foreman including Howard University in his top 7?
You know damn well...

This Georgia player is not-so-subtly calling him out for including Howard in his top list. Everyone knows he's not going to end up at Howard, he's just riding the current political/social wave. He's only giving them a look for attention.

Tony Grimes graduating early and enrolling at UNC.

Close the book on that one.

Smart. Makes sense to enroll early and start training at the college level since most likely there won't be a high school football season anyway. Probably gonna see a trend with others from the 2021 class.

Remember a couple of months ago when people were saying stuff like "If you told everyone in the South that college football depended on them wearing masks, they'd all be wearing masks today?" Apparently that's not true because all of this fallout could have been avoided.
Or what about the one where COVID was supposed to just magically disappear once it got warmer?

Remember a couple of months ago when people were saying stuff like "If you told everyone in the South that college football depended on them wearing masks, they'd all be wearing masks today?" Apparently that's not true because all of this fallout could have been avoided.
It looks like they luv Trump and following whatever his ppls doing/saying more than college football

Smart. Makes sense to enroll early and start training at the college level since most likely there won't be a high school football season anyway. Probably gonna see a trend with others from the 2021 class.
Gets his NFL timer moved up a year too. Really smart move, even if college football gets canned.

Year closer to pay checks.

Gets his NFL timer moved up a year too. Really smart move, even if college football gets canned.

Oh but y’all had jokes jokes when king Booty and JT da gawd did it at SC?

Now it’s really smart? Hmm 🤔😒

You gonna Keep that same energy when Miller Mossberg enrolls early?

“Scott has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a conference release.

Scott, 55, was reportedly tested late this week after experiencing mild flu-like symptoms. As a result of the positive test, he is self-quarantining at the direction of his physician. He is continuing to carrying out his normal work duties remotely.“

For the sure fire NFL cats probly better for them if there isn’t a season, saves that wear n tear especially the RB’s and linemen and a dude like the Clemson QB...Like sitting outside the season without the ridicule

Can someone explain this to me: with these conferences planning for conference only schedules, I'm hearing about a lot of teams scrambling to add games to their schedules, doesn't this defeat the purpose of going conference only? What's the point of canceling non-conference games if you're just going to pick up more games? Is it just a travel thing?

Can someone explain this to me: with these conferences planning for conference only schedules, I'm hearing about a lot of teams scrambling to add games to their schedules, doesn't this defeat the purpose of going conference only? What's the point of canceling non-conference games if you're just going to pick up more games? Is it just a travel thing?
The reasoning has been an even level of testing in conference and trying to limit travel...I would assume any games they add would be local as possible

The conference only thing is kinda weird in 2020 tho since most conferences done expanded and each stretches across half the country :lol:

From my understanding it adds flexibility to scheduling as they could spread games out or make fluid changes if necessary.

Little different for skill positions vs. QBs, but even so, the JT jokes might’ve had more to do with 3 Heismans and stuff.

Wouldn’t blame any kid that skipped a HS year and enrolled right now. I DEFINITELY don’t think we’re getting HS football.

The reasoning has been an even level of testing in conference and trying to limit travel...I would assume any games they add would be local as possible

The conference only thing is kinda weird in 2020 tho since most conferences done expanded and each stretches across half the country :lol:

If these conferences can figure out complex issues like bowl alignments and have a playoff committee, why is it any harder for all the FBS schools to come up with a standardized covid testing?

The travel argument doesn't make much sense to me though. Like you mentioned, conferences or spread out across the country. Boston College and Miami are in the same conference. Also, most non-conference games are cupcakes against regional schools. What's the point of Alabama canceling their non-conference game against Troy or Alabama State? or Washington versus Eastern Washington? Those games have less travel than conference games lol

Miller Moss ain’t starting from day 1 and isn’t the top player in the country at his position. :lol: Nobody cares about a QB who isn’t starting for another 2 years enrolling early, man.

Back
Top Bottom