OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They make these uni-reveals so dramatic :lol:

It's Rutgers. Relax.
Let Rutgers live man! its hard being that program.

I mess with them now. Sean Gleeson is a great offensive mind and Andrew Aurich is our guy. Cool *** dude, even though Princeton ended up being Richards to our nephew.

Yikes. I totally get his decision though. If we do get a season, it's going to be weird, shortened and players might be isolated in a bubble. Plus we don't know the long term respiratory effects of COVID. If you're going to be a top 10 pick regardless, why go through the headache? Plus now we can sign with an agent and start getting paid immediately.

Last edited:
I do wonder how much their independent status came into play with that decision. Did they have anything scheduled?

They don’t have the pull Notre Dame does to have the ACC or another conference bend over backwards for them

Half their schedule was already cancelled and the other half was probably on its way.

This isn't indicative of anything unless you're looking for it to be.

7EB967FE-E68F-4510-BBB2-EB76A8503935.jpeg

I do wonder how much their independent status came into play with that decision. Did they have anything scheduled?

They don’t have the pull Notre Dame does to have the ACC or another conference bend over backwards for them
yeah, i dont think UCONN cancelling is indicative of what might be coming. Way different situation than ND joining the ACC, obviously

Trevor won't. Sewell and Fields probably will. Sewell is already part of the United Pac 12 front.
how come you dont think Trevor will?

I think the stars were probably waiting for others to opt out. See another couple high 1st rounders and more will follow

I've always wondered why all of these athletic departments are in such dire financial straits when year after year they rake in the cash.

I've always wondered why all of these athletic departments are in such dire financial straits when year after year they rake in the cash.

The same reason companies like Delta can have their most profitable years in history but are on the verge of bankruptcy after a slow couple of months, none of these organization save money. They immediately reinvest that money or (in the cases of publicly traded companies) give dividend to their shareholders. That's how they can bank hundreds of millions (and in some cases billions) and be broke after a couple of months.

They tell regular people to keep 6 months worth of savings for a rainy day but big companies and universities literally live hand to mouth. It's mind-boggling but if you know for a fact that even if you screw up you'll get a government bailout I'd take a lot of risks too.

Last edited:
Wasn’t there an article about 4-5 years ago showing that around less than 15-20 football programs finish in the positive as far as revenue goes?

I still find that hard to believe

Wasn’t there an article about 4-5 years ago showing that around less than 15-20 football programs finish in the positive as far as revenue goes?

I still find that hard to believe
There's a lot of fudged math that goes into that.

But people also ignore the fact that the football program doesn't operate in a silo. It funds literally everything the athletic department does by and large.

how come you dont think Trevor will?

I think the stars were probably waiting for others to opt out. See another couple high 1st rounders and more will follow

Brainwashing. Then again he popped the question to his girl, so maybe his mind's already made up.

Back
Top Bottom