OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think I actually ever said Asante Jr was doing that though. **** is an urban legend.

what's this about asante samuel jr. recruiting for sc? :nerd:
8BF14E2A-0C50-46A5-97CD-4068A211EFA9.jpeg

Asante Jr recruiting for SC never made any sense :lol: if it was a SC, it would South Carolina because of T-Rob

Asante and James Cook were plugged in with Deland McCulloch, Tee Martin, Gavin Morris, and Erick Ziskin. Tee was trying hard to get a foot in the door in Florida again, which we had a little bit of when Keynodo Hudson was here. If 2018 had gone better or Deland stayed on staff we had a legit shot with Cook. Asante was intrigued by SC and the idea of living in LA but our DB coach back then (Ronnie Bradford) refused to recruit. See: Chris Steele who says his entire time in HS he spoke to Bradford once, and Ronnie was here for Steele’s soph-senior years. A support staff guy Gavin Morris was his primary recruiter, like Asante’s.

The Asante recruiting thing was a troll, but came from people saying he was overheard talking to another kid for a while about playing in LA/SC at a camp. I couldn’t remember if it was Cook or Asante that was about.

More kids than it felt Miami was getting from the region at that time though, huh.

giphy.gif
2 kids being more than Miami...whose roster is made up of mostly kids from SFLA and Florida were getting. And 2 kids who were begging to get back to Miami and Miami wouldn't take them. :lol:
giphy.gif

Never change, #FakeNewsNako.

Asante and James Cook were plugged in with Deland McCulloch, Tee Martin, Gavin Morris, and Erick Ziskin. Tee was trying hard to get a foot in the door in Florida again, which we had a little bit of when Keynodo Hudson was here. If 2018 had gone better or Deland stayed on staff we had a legit shot with Cook. Asante was intrigued by SC and the idea of living in LA but our DB coach back then (Ronnie Bradford) refused to recruit. See: Chris Steele who says his entire time in HS he spoke to Bradford once, and Ronnie was here for Steele’s soph-senior years. A support staff guy Gavin Morris was his primary recruiter, like Asante’s.

You never had a shot at Cook or Samuel, which is why we laughed at you when you said it at that time. Neither were leaving the Southeast. You can tell the story as many times as you need to. Doesn't make it any more true. :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhhh the restraint levels that must have killed the entire room not being able to put Tebow #1...

Sports Illustrated - The Greatest Individual Seasons in College Football History

10. Herschel Walker, Georgia, 1981
9. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, 2012
8. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, 2009
7. Ricky Williams, Texas, 1998
6. Sammy Baugh, TCU, 1936
5. Reggie Bush, USC, 2005
4. Steve McNair, Alcorn State, 1994
3. Marcus Allen, USC, 1981
2. Tim Tebow, Florida, 2007
1. Barry Sanders Oklahoma State, 1988

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/best-seasons-individual-players-college-football-history

Ahhhh the restraint levels that must have killed the entire room not being able to put Tebow #1...

Sports Illustrated - The Greatest Individual Seasons in College Football History

10. Herschel Walker, Georgia, 1981
9. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, 2012
8. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, 2009
7. Ricky Williams, Texas, 1998
6. Sammy Baugh, TCU, 1936
5. Reggie Bush, USC, 2005
4. Steve McNair, Alcorn State, 1994
3. Marcus Allen, USC, 1981
2. Tim Tebow, Florida, 2007
1. Barry Sanders Oklahoma State, 1988

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/best-seasons-individual-players-college-football-history

Cam shoulda been top 5 easy, hell maybe #1. That Tebow season overrated as hell.

Damn no Cam...he put that team on his back at least 4-5 games that were about to be L’s or blowouts that year.

Surprised Cam didn't make the list

This list is based primarily on just putting up gaudy numbers, not winning or team success. Barry Sanders' team didn't win anything in 88 and the Gators went 9-4 in 2007 despite tebow scoring 55 TDs.

I think Cam Newtons Heisman season might be the most impressive single season ever though. That 2010 Auburn team is probably the least talented team to ever win a championship and Cam put up crazy stats when you look at the talent around him. It was all on Cam Newton on offense and Nick Fairley on defense.

2 kids being more than Miami...whose roster is made up of mostly kids from SFLA and Florida were getting. And 2 kids who were begging to get back to Miami and Miami wouldn't take them. :lol:
giphy.gif

Never change, #FakeNewsNako.

2 kids Miami wanted. Pie Young never begged to go back to Miami. He didn’t even want to leave the team until he was processed out this spring and had to move back East for his kid. Jamel was the same. But keep telling yourself those lies.

You never had a shot at Cook or Samuel, which is why we laughed at you when you said it at that time. Neither were leaving the Southeast. You can tell the story as many times as you need to. Doesn't make it any more true. :lol::lol::lol:

Asante, as I said was a pipe dream/troll. I think I said his name in here once, maybe twice? A lot more was going on with James Cook than you either know or are willing to acknowledge. While we can joke and go back and forth on whether or not they really entertained USC at the time we can all agree they damn sure weren’t going to Miami.

But, I’m not going to keep arguing with you. Congrats on Manny Diaz. You got your chest back. The Randy Shannon reboot should be just as entertaining as the original.

The fact that we had Tebow and Cam on the same team and Urban let him go over some laptops after all the knuckle heads we had, I'll never forgive him.

Cam was robbing white kids. He wasn’t getting away with that.

Damn no Cam...he put that team on his back at least 4-5 games that were about to be L’s or blowouts that year.

More than that.

Was that Cam season the year when Bama was stomping them early on and he brought them back to win? Lawd i remember that game

Back
Top Bottom