OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That ‘05 Texas team wasn’t that good man. They literally had one player and he happened to be a super Saiyan.

His knee (and Reggie’s) was also down. But whatever.

If we’re putting ‘05 Texas in the top 10, why not ‘02 tO$U? I’m also lol’ing at 2018 Clemson being there in the top 10. Bama and Notre Dame may have been the only good teams they played all year.

Didn’t that 05 Texas team have a crap ton of pros on it?

I mean the end could easily be skewing things, but thought that roster was filled with pros like the others mentioned where even not the greatest coaching could hold them back

I mean the end could easily be skewing things, but thought that roster was filled with pros like the others mentioned where even not the greatest coaching could hold them back

Yeah they had 20 players drafted off that team (though a lot of them were redshirting or backups during that season and didn’t ball til the Colt McCoy era) but the 2017 Alabama team had 12 players taken in one draft.

Texas played 3 ranked teams all regular season that year and almost lost to one of them. If Tressell had gotten his head out of his *** and started Troy Smith, they would have.

The NCG looked like someone playing NCAA on PlayStation and just scrambling around with a converted WR at QB. I might be remembering wrong because i refuse to rewatch that game but SC pretty much shut down everything they were doing outside of VY just freewheeling and making things happen.

langfor5 langfor5 Les Miles lost to Coastal Carolina 12-7?? :sick:

Even for a KU program that was bad. Play calling was atrocious and Les and his staff got worked. I certainly didn't have them winning six games but CC was one of the few that were winnable. Les did a hell of a job selling a program that is still years away from being competitive and got the fan base, myself included believing that this timeline could be expedited. Last weekend was a jolting reminder that he and his staff have a lot of work to do.

RIP

Gundy never got him his chip

OSU-Mascot-Crying-Jordan.jpg

There’s actually a possibility Fulmer could fire Pruitt and name himself the interim head coach? Is that the doomsday scenario for Tennessee?

As long as Fulmer is the AD there is always the chance of him canning whomever the HC is and naming himself the interim HC

It’s hindsight but I feel Schiano and Leach would have done better than this.

Has UTK’s defense at least been really good under Pruitt?

Tennessee has been in a bad spot for a long time. They have a lot going on behind the scenes and too many cooks in the kitchen. It's well-documented that Phillip Fulmer didn't like the way he was fired at Tennessee and many people believe he wants to coach again. He was even coaching some Tennessee lineman at practice and got reprimanded for it.

Fulmer is only 21 wins away from breaking the all-time Tennessee record and apparently that's something very important to him.

There are some Tennessee conspiracy theorists who believed that Phillip Fulmer intentionally hired a coach he knew was in over his head so he could eventually take over. Some fans are calling for him to take over.

I think anyone who understands football knows that Fulmer taking over would be an awful decision. Once again, Tennessee fans are living in the 90s and they're trying to relive the good old days. They forget how awful Fulmer was towards the end and why they fired him in the first place.

The floor is 8-4, MSU and Maryland are not that good, and I’m not buying Wisconsin yet. CMU and USF are awful.
Floor is 8-4 but the ceiling is 10-2 MSU offense is bad and Maryland about to drop back down to earth. Notre Dame I'll find out about them when the play Georgia

Floor is 8-4 but the ceiling is 10-2 MSU offense is bad and Maryland about to drop back down to earth. Notre Dame I'll find out about them when the play Georgia
It sounds like Michigan fans are in for a rude awakening.

Jamaal Charles was on that team & he was 3rd string. Aaron Ross was the nickelback & won the Thorpe the next season. Hell the 06 team probably makes a run for the title if it wasn’t for Kansas State wrecking Colt McCoy’s shoulder.

That team was crazy stacked

Why is he leaving?
playing time. he's had like 12 reps so far. Freshmen ahead of him on the depth chart.

Kid doesnt listen and drops too many balls for Harrell. He should stay though. He would have been a factor for them. But he must see the writing on the wall.

I legit think he's the most talented WR on the team. But he's lacking upstairs.

Back
Top Bottom