OFFICIAL 2021 MIAMI DOLPHINS OFFSEASON THREAD: AND WITH THE 3RD PICK OF THE........

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE BRIAN FLORES HIRE AS HEAD COACH?

• YOU LIKE

• YOU NO LIKE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Screenshot_20200506-203336.png

Schedule is out, lookin like maybe 6-7 wins. (Slight improvement)

But....Houston has a crazy start to their season......could be 6-7 wins themselves...... :nerd:

That's potentially two Top 12 picks or so, and 5 of the top 75. :pimp:

And another 80ish million in cap space.

With Tua likely the full time starter for 2021.

Be patient fellas, it's comin.....

3-3. Bye week to get some guys healthy.

Tough loss at NE
3 point loss vs Buff
Tough loss vs Sea

And 3 blowout wins. :wow:

And Tua his first game action. :pimp:

Oh....and the Texans are 1-5. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Well.....

Tua wins his first start, barely touching the field. :lol:

Rams O was on the field ALL DAY but 4 turnovers killed them and Jakeem Grant punt return was an extra dagger.

First half was 28-10, Miami had like 50 yards of offense. :lol:

Defense balled. Lowest scoring defense in the NFL thru 8 weeks. :pimp:

Rebuild is outstanding to this point, Miami is 9-7 it's last 16 games.

And Houston is 1-6. :nerd:

Y'all die or somethin? Folks bi*ched for decades, Tua comes on, and look at this ****. :wow:

Still way too early, and next year is when the fun really begins, but my God this is fun.

Special Teams blocks a punt, ball at the 1, first offensive play, TD and Phins lead. :lol: :pimp:

Tua managing the game, defense + special teams make plays, we're now 6-3.

Texans lose
Dolphins win
Bills lose

What a weekend. :pimp:

We "could" win the division and have a Top 5 pick. Not saying either are guaranteed, but consider the possibility. :wow: :pimp:

I’ve been in the NFL thread... will be here more often.

Fun time to be a Dolphins fan finally.

B03377E7-4A5F-469C-9033-176AA269FC2D.jpeg

Miss some Coach Taylor, good series.

And yes, you want the Texans to lose everything.

Dolphins have a shot to make the playoffs, they have a shot to win the AFCE, and they have a shot to have a top 5/37 pick in the draft. 5 picks within the first 3 rounds...

Let’s play what if... what if it’s a 2 or 3 pick, QBs there with QB needy teams. Highest bidder, next year 1 and all the other picks. I want this to happen.

Sums that up.

Image 11-16-20 at 11.30 AM.jpeg

Doing this until draft day will be fun. Inject this draft all into this team.

Sadly, Tua missed the game with a bad thumb, but we played well enough to get to 7-4.

X with ANOTHER interception. :wow:

We play Cincy next week with no Burrow, if we can get that one, 8-4 with

Chiefs
Patriots
Raiders
Bills

Bottom line, we've already won more games than last year. We have a chance at the playoffs AND we'll be better next year.

Some dreaming, Aaron Jones and JuJu, then draft DE, WR, IOL, LB, TE with Top 75ish picks. :nerd:

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 3.06.51 PM.png

Think I'll do my weekly updates with an updated mock draft, nice little stamp. Moving forward I won't do any with trades as it can get a bit crazy. First three picks are self explanatory, solidify that center position. Get Waddle in the slot to mis-match. Have Najee step in to be the bell cow. The back half of this draft is exciting, kid from Pitt is looking great. paid him with two athletic good linebackers one of which I'd expect to start right away (Cam). I'm a big fan of Elsworth, would like to see him in sub packages. TJ Vasher is more Preston insurance, big bodied receiver that can grow. Step in if necessary, goal line.

With last week - X with ANOTHER pick... he should be right in there with defensive player of the year talks. The next 4 weeks could prove if he is or not, especially with Hill coming up.

Tua played a really good game, specifically when Chan finally pulled his head out of his ***. I'm becoming less and less of a fan of the play calling. If the first 19 goal line fades didn't work, then I think we can go ahead and Not try a 20th. That up-tempo RPO/Roll Out offense was looking good the second half. I don't know what it is with Chan and Tua but there is clearly a disconnect. Gaskin looked good and tough on return, has to understand he didn't need to be a hero and keep his head on with the break away run. Protect the ball. Tua had some pretty throws but threw and absolute dime to Grant, and Grant blew it. He frustrates me to no end, same issues now as he did when he was a rookie. Mike G had a tremendous game and catch, he is really breaking out.

Defense played tremendous, regardless of the opponent (lower tier) they showed out. Lots of sacks, couple of picks. They locked things down in the second half... cherry on top would have been that strip sack fumble after the fight. KVN has really taken a leadership role and is leading from the front.

Good to see ALL the rookies that can are contributing to this team. That offensive line with 3 rookie starters is really impressive with how inexperienced they are. I'd argue they looked better when Flowers got injured.

Won't talk about the fight other than to say Flores is that guy. Glad he's the coach of the Dolphins.

Aaron Jones + (pick 1)

Godwin
JuJu
ARob
Golladay

THEN,

You can draft another WR and/or RB to go with them and use another pick or two on OL.

Bright days ahead. :pimp:

THREE RB's out.
#2 WR out.
Van Noy out.
Roberts out.
#1 WR hurt, 0 catches.
#3 WR hurt.
#1 TE hurt (late).

3 rookies on Oline.
Rookie QB.
2 rookie WR's, that didn't play WR in college.

Playing the 11-1 Super Bowl Champs who have no injuries or anyone key missing.

We lost by 6.

Think about that.

Texans lost again, we'd have the 7th pick as of right now. :wow:

Aaron Jones
Golladay
Godwin
JuJu
A-Rob

Picks around
18-20
39-40
50-52
82-84

We could have ONE starter age 30 or older. Van Noy, who's 29 right now.

Folks....... 🙏

Today:

No WR1
No WR2
No WR3
No RB1
No TE1
No LG

Tua still leads O for almost 400 yards and 3 TD's vs a Bill Belichick defense that shutout Justin Herbert two weeks ago. :lol: :pimp:

Offense started 6 rookies today. :pimp:

He had one mistake on a 95 yard drive, learned from it, then led a 90 yard TD drive.

Oh, and Houston lost, and the Cowboys won, helping our draft position. :lol:

Two years ago we had the Miami Miracle.

Tonight, we had the Miami Miracle II. :lol:

Flores benches Tua, brings in Fitz, and it works.

Vegas misses an extra point, Phins take lead, Vegas won't take the free TD to kill clock, kick FG at the 1.

With 20 seconds left, while being facemasked, Fitz hits Mack Hollins and Sanders kicks the GW FG. :pimp:

0-7 start last year.
15-9 since.

And all our ammo comes next year. :pimp:

Well.........

Soul crushing loss. Offense, defense, special teams all got curb stomped.

That said, our draft picks for the top 2-3 rounds......

:wow: :pimp:

That is a HAUL for a 10 win team, 2nd youngest in the league, and still with cap space to add a few upgrades even before the draft.

Today sucked, but this was year 1 after the 2019 tear down. Now, we use up our assets and try to surround Tua with the talent we never gave Tannehill.

Chan was fired.

Now let’s see how they fix this. Through all of O’Shea’s complicated play calling, at least it showed creativity. Attempted to push the ball down field.

Now that wasn’t an issue with Chan when Fitz was in, but clearly he didn’t want to with Tua. A must win game yesterday and he’s calling slow developing run plays on first, screen or dump pass on 2nd and a bubble screen on all 3rd and longs for the entire first half.

Very curious to see where they go, if I recall they hired Chan pretty fast after letting O’Shea go. Lots of options, need to make a good decision.

Edit: Looks like ESPN/BR got played. Chan hasn’t been officially fired.

Revision to the Edit: Chan Gailey resigned, Dolphins are looking for a new OC.

Candidates that have been speculated by Phins media:
Bill O’Brien
Anthony Lynn
Pep Hamilton
George Godsey (Dolphins TE coach)
Eric Studesville (Dolphins RB coach)
Ken Dorsey and others have been mentioned as well in lesser degrees

A lot of names have dropped out of the running for the Dolphins OC. I was excited about Canada, Elliot or McDaniel being a possibility. That sucks but it’s past now.

Canada is going to be the OC for the Steelers.
BOB is going to be the OC for Alabama.
Tony Elliot is staying at Clemson.
Mike McDaniel is going to be the OC for the 49ers.
Anthony Lynn has been talking to Seattle.

Effectively leaving Pep Hamilton with the position to lose looking at the outside in. I suppose there could always be a surprise as was Chan Gailey coming out of retirement. Haven’t heard much on Anthony Lynn and the Dolphins, along with the internal candidates and how they are.

Godsey would be an interesting hire, he was an OC with Houston. Worked with Tua directly when the coach went out with Covid.

Studs is a Flores guy, also something to watch out for. Both guys would already know what Flores demands and understand his expectations.

We’ll see, the bowl game is coming up and I’d imagine Flores needs that staff together ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom