OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chosen his words better how? The man has been a model of how to chose one’s words correctly every day following the decision. There was nothing wrong with pointing out the Gasol discrepancy. It needed to be said quite frankly.

I don’t know what you do for work but imagine someone who doesn’t do what you do, but gets paid to critique what you do ultimately decided who is the best at your field of work- you can confidently say that you’d never take issue with that premise? Come on now...

Literally the only time he hasn’t chosen his words well was when he said where he was taking his talents.

FMVP isn’t political and for the most part it’s historically been accurately awarded to the best player in the finals. Bron has a say in whether AD averages 40 in the finals or not.

To me what will be most interesting is which reporter is willing to lay on the sword and ask about Bronny’s viral video?

Any reporter who asks Lebron about his family in a personal aspect that has nothing to do with the series, NBA, or social justice needs to lose their media privileges.

I think it makes sense for coaches to have a some say since they have to gameplan for/against the guys anyway.

40% coaches
35% players
25% media

Chosen his words better how? The man has been a model of how to chose one’s words correctly every day following the decision. There was nothing wrong with pointing out the Gasol discrepancy. It needed to be said quite frankly.

I don’t know what you do for work but imagine someone who doesn’t do what you do, but gets paid to critique what you do ultimately decided who is the best at your field of work- you can confidently say that you’d never take issue with that premise? Come on now...

Literally the only time he hasn’t chosen his words well was when he said where he was taking his talents.

FMVP isn’t political and for the most part it’s historically been accurately awarded to the best player in the finals. Bron has a say in whether AD averages 40 in the finals or not.

To me what will be most interesting is which reporter is willing to lay on the sword and ask about Bronny’s viral video?

I said he could have chosen his words better because I believe he would have been better suited to echo his sentiment from March that he’s not worried about a regular season MVP. The clip posted of Kobe’s reaction to Bron winning it in 2010 is a perfect encapsulation of what I think would have been the perfect response. Props to him speaking his mind and how we felt.

I made the FMVP comment because there are probably just as many folks who think AD is the MVP of the Lakers thus far as there are who think Bron is the MVP. They’re both playing at an extremely high level and if that continues through a championship win, its 50/50 when it comes to voting.

I also don’t fully agree with Bron choosing his words wisely outside of the decision. The only significant one being after the 2011 NBA Finals but outside of that it’s just little goofy stuff like crowning himself the GOAT, saying he’s never been on a super team and now saying he doesn’t care about regular season MVP then being displeased about the voting. Nothing to be up in arms about but just instances where less would have been more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom