OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a lot of talk about the Heat zone defense, but not enough about the Lakers defense.

Any Bam pick and roll or hand-off will inevitably bring AD into the play. Not great Bob.

assuming #YALL don’t go small, Dwight/ Javale in the Duncan Robinson DHO is going to be a bucket.

Lakers were also missing Rondo & Morris in the first game, Kuz/Morris in the second one.

Not to mention AD has reached a new level shooting the ball, after already giving them 26 & 35 respectively. The more i really look into what both of these teams do well the more i become even more confident in this Lakers pick.

I think the Heat need to shoot lights out from three to beat us, and we've played & slowed down good three point shooting teams.

He usually had Theis and Smart on him. Led to too much dribbling and not going anywhere in his limited minutes.

I think against the Lakers he'll have more favorable matchups in spurts. Kinda how Monte Morris was able to find his own.

Nunn wasn’t good any of the series though. I don’t trust him especially now

This is true and part of what concerns me for the Heat. Just don’t see Jimmy being able to put up big numbers against the Lakers, especially when he doesn’t really shoot 3s.

and this is why I don’t have faith in the heat and I’ll be rooting for the Seattle storm

got to live with bron hitting outside shots
don't think he is going to bully his way as easily inside vs iggy, jae, and jimmy like he did against denver

think spo will put something together and may keep the gms close. win one, possibly two gms.

Everybody talking like we haven't neutralized 3 of the best/most unique offenses in the playoffs. We got that thang on us too.

Heat move the ball more the other teams they faces though. You pretty much know who to guard: Dame and CJ, Harden and Harden, Jamal Curry and Jokes. They did a good job containing them. Heat will beat you as a whole, though may actually backfire if a couple of those guys are cold. Makes the offense even harder.

Whats stepping up mean for Jimmy? He's averaging 20-6-5 and they're playing well.

The numbers are a bit deceiving he's been super passive in a lotta games. He's going to have to play like a superstar the vast majority of the time for the Heat to be competitive.

Whats stepping up mean for Jimmy? He's averaging 20-6-5 and they're playing well.

Bam has had an advantage the entire playoffs and now that’s erased. Dragic will be fine but crowder done came back to life some. I don’t think him getting 20 ppg is going to cut it. THEY have seen tougher than String and if it all else fails he ain’t scoring on Bron with the trickery

At All times the heat have atleast two guys who can't shoot from three, that's a bad sign when you have Lebron/AD/Rondo on defense because they're very good at roaming & making the appropriate reads to **** up plays

At All times the heat have atleast two guys who can't shoot from three, that's a bad sign when you have Lebron/AD/Rondo on defense because they're very good at roaming & making the appropriate reads to **** up plays

Bam is the only one on the floor getting minutes that will not shoot the 3. They at all times have 4 guys capable of hitting a 3.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.49.37 PM.png

Bam is the only one on the floor getting minutes that will not shoot the 3. They at all times have 4 guys capable of hitting a 3.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.49.37 PM.png

Bam won't shoot it, Jimmy has taken less threes than Rondo this postseason & while Iggy & Crowder will take it, history shows those aren't ideal possessions for the offense. Given that L.A has shown a tendency to really get out & contest the three.

i think it'll be a good series, too high iq teams going at it. both can adapt to different styles of play. it will bea. dog fight.

as magic johnson would say, whomever scores more points will be the victor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom