OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bam is the only one on the floor getting minutes that will not shoot the 3. They at all times have 4 guys capable of hitting a 3.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.49.37 PM.png

Dragic, Herro and Duncan the only true shooters that are threats that you don't really want getting good looks. You'll take all them other dudes shooting 3s. Crowder looked like he's regressed to the mean.

Also expect this to be the series where you got Bron and AD going 40+ minutes every night. They've been load managing for the most part due to all the blowouts/comfortable wins we've had during the playoffs. Having them 2 out there pretty much the entire time is going to put ridiculous pressure on the Heat defense.

With that same argument, you can say no one cares about any Laker shooting the 3 unless your name is KCP or Danny Green.

Heat attempt 5 more 3s a game and shoot it at a better percentage.

Another note that needs to be talked about when discussing the Lakers role players.... we're 12 & 0 this postseason when we shoot over 30% from three..

Which says that having two top 5 guys & an amazing team defense is enough to carry us on most nights & as long as we don't get horrific shooting performances from our guys we'll genuinely be okay.

Thats what its gonna come down to. If Rondo keeps hitting those timely 3s or KCP goes off every game again, Miami has no shot.

I do think Bam will do a much better job at containing AD than any big has so far in the playoffs.

Wont be as easy as having Jokic/Milsap chase him, or Nurkic/Whiteside, or PJ Tucker.

I'm pretty positive the Lakers have been outshot from 3 in every series (whether by number made or percentages) so far yet still dominated. This will be no different. Miami is going to have to have a 2014 Spurs esque performance from deep to make this a long series.

We've don't even have to be average from 3 to win, just not atrocious.

Thats what its gonna come down to. If Rondo keeps hitting those timely 3s or KCP goes off every game again, Miami has no shot.

I do think Bam will do a much better job at containing AD than any big has so far in the playoffs.

Wont be as easy as having Jokic/Milsap chase him, or Nurkic/Whiteside, or PJ Tucker.

Rondo has a very punchable face.

2uxzjg2_th.png

source.gif

@703 hwy Heat in 6
@DB Cooper Heat in 7
@moe200069 Heat in 6
@617collector Heat in 7
@lamekilla Heat in 7
@justblaze2k7 Heat in 7
@206to813 Heat in 7
@anomolie Heat in 7
@cubanref Heat in 7
@aquatic barefoot Heat in 6
@friscostylez Heat in 7
ballinsam23 ballinsam23 Heat in Fo'
@rolaholic Heat in 7

tenor.gif

@antidope Lakers in 5
@BIG LEEMELONE Lakers in 7 (MIA, LAL, MIA, LAL, MIA, LAL, LAL)
@green rhino123 Lakers in 6
akajae akajae Lakers in 5
@andoneflip Lakers in 6
trynafeelmink trynafeelmink Lakers in 6
@tay1 Lakers in 5
@ahat20 Lakers in 6
@dman14 Lakers in 5
@lovehateself Lakers in 5
@atlsfinest Lakers in 5
@flacobey Lakers in 7
@Brosizzlew30.23 Lakers in 6
@stopcappin Lakers in 5
@Bend_The_Knee Lakers in 6
@D StaXX Lakers in 6
MVP MVP Lakers in 5
@nickmaz96 Lakers in 5
@king j Lakers in 6
@CHAOSE57 Lakers in 6
@3900stabler Lakers in 5

30jh0yt.png

@curtis50cent Lakers in 3
@youngwolf LeBrawn Jaymes in 3
@allergic2broke Heat in 6 or Lakers in 5

6613__wnba-alternate-2020.png

@addict4sneakers Storm in Tree
@T0INE Lakers in 6 and here for the ambiance

@Based Jesus Miami in 5 (MIA, MIA, MIA, MIA, MIA) with wings and a red cup to go
@freeze Heat in 6
2enwxtg.png
toppng.com-closed-sign-closed-for-business-501x442.png
2enwxtg.png

j6r1np.png
hiclipart.com (1).png

Last edited:
This is the best defense, 3pt shooting, and coach LA had to face in the playoffs so far.

You still need a superstar or two to win it all though.

Sure. Lakers have been better than the Heat defensively in the playoffs adapting to 3 wildy different styles and schemes.

Playing Houston in a 7 game series doesnt take any adapting. They have one style. Stop that, you win.

yo i straight up be wanting to slap him so hard whatever hair he has will fall off :lol:
violence is never the answer
3 weeks in and a couple NFL teams have COVID positive people. College football’s been having all kinds of problems. MLB did.

NBA got it right with the bubble for sure.
i honestly believe the bubble gave us the most pure form of basketball we have seen in a long time.

I would want a bubble for the regular season if the situation doesn't subside, but like for them to have a bigger campus where family and trainer and reporter's families can stay safely.

It's stupid how much clothes mattered as kids

late pass, but hell, it's stupid how much a lot of things matter to adults. the housing crash is wholly attributable to banks giving people absurd amounts of money to buy homes while knowing that these folks could not afford these homes. and whether or not these folks should have known they were getting in way too deep of debt, they did it to buy big *** houses they probably couldn't afford because they banks made it seem like they could.

i'd love to see studies in the future on how the social media generation handled keeping up with the joneses with everything being so readily accessible. i remember seeing an article that people are paying money to model and take pictures inside of a private jet that never even left the hangar, just to get some pics off on IG

No one on the Heat requires a double team and there's no real mismatches in Miami's favor. I don't see this series being close.
It's gonna take god level play from Jimmy and Herro to even be close.

This is the best defense, 3pt shooting, and coach LA had to face in the playoffs so far.

You still need a superstar or two to win it all though.

Best defense, sure. Spo is a better coach but head to head with Vogel its 26-24 and that's with him having the Heatles.

But the Blazers, Nuggets and Rockets all have shot the 3 better than Miami in the playoffs and the Lakers defended them very well. I think DEN was and will still end up being the best team we face in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom