---OFFICIAL 2020 New England Patriots Season Thread--- OFFSEASON THREAD

fellas...i put zolak and fat **** on today for the first time since december. they really have turned on Brady, huh? just trashing him for going to tampa....that's pretty annoying to hear

Can't even blame Brady. This is legit worst offense I think I've ever seen the Patriots have.

The Patriots coaches and players deserved better on Sunday.

Newton played much better outside of the game-losing fumble, and he now has eight turnovers in six games. Meyers, Harris and Burkhead played their butts off behind a physical line. The defense played well on the rare occasions when they could compel the Bills to throw the ball.

Man, that was fun to watch for a while.

But because of the talent drain, every single mistake was magnified. The margin for error was razor-thin and then the Patriots broke.

“I think we did a lot of things well enough to win, but not quite well enough to win,” Belichick said. “So you’re in the position, we had an opportunity, certainly could’ve done things better along the way. So obviously disappointed to work hard and not have the results that you’re looking for.”

If only they had anyone …

… who could take the ball to the house at any time;
… actually wall up in the running game;
… get off a block and make a tackle before 6 yards down field;
… any capable linebackers to help get the opposing offense into third and long once in a blue moon;
… a franchise QB who can put the team on his back and win a game like that.

Then every coaching call and turnover wouldn’t mean the world was coming crashing down.

“Outside of this last play, I think that is what makes it so frustrating, being that you are trying extremely hard. When you don’t get the results you want, then what do you do?” Newton said.

You look to the GM. He put the team in this spot.

- Bedard

I was so heated I really really thought they were gonna pull that ff. Felt bad for Cam. When you carry it that often the way he does, especially in traffic only a matter of time before it gets popped loose.

good win...ravens sort of played into our hands a bit. let's keep improving. im not a fan of the tank and rooting for my teams to lose so lets squeak into the playoffs and make some noise

weird year in many ways. time to start planning for the draft and QB

without thinking about it too much just yet, my initial wishlist:

QB: Fitzpatrick and draft the next guy. Or it's Fitzpatrick and Stiddy until you can get the next guy
Offense: Chris Godwin, Hunter Henry, OL upgrade or two
Defense: SPEED SPEED SPEED at LB. need guys that can chase down people half way across the field. even at S if you have a guy that can do it and play up in the box, it's needed. pass rush (like every year it seems like) needs to be addressed

Covered the game yesterday.

It’s still weird to see all of em bid goodbyes in the sidelines that early knowing it’s always playoff-bound during this time of year, but that’s the reality of it all.

Noticed Joe Thuney dapping everyone up and it looks obvious he’s gone :frown:

Overall though, I didn’t have significant expectations. It’s just upsetting how there were a lot of winnable games they didn’t capitalize on because they couldn’t string out drives consistently.

Yeah this easily could have been a playoff team. When you look at @ Seattle, @ Buffalo and vs. Denver, @ Houston. Those are just off the top of my head. Winnable games. Wouldn't have made much noise in the postseason, but it would have been cool for Cam.

that win yesterday could have single handedly cost us our next qb.

i dont understand the news of cam and the team parting ways and then starting him and getting a win, let alone not giving stidham 4 quarters to see what he can do.

worst case scenario he loses and helps get you the next guy for next year.

at 15 they might literally miss picking the top qbs and the 2 wr and pitts the tight end

really stupid.

i dont understand the news of cam and the team parting ways and then starting him and getting a win, let alone not giving stidham 4 quarters to see what he can do.

at 15 they might literally miss picking the top qbs and the 2 wr and pitts the tight end

really stupid.

yeah i totally get that but i can't watch a team that purposely loses. i'd be disgusted if i was a philly fan and my coach pulled that **** that pederson pulled last night. and besides, let's be real, bill gonna be taking a rutgers special teams ace whether we picking at 5, 10, 15, or 25 :lol:

unless he changes his previous strategy/mentality...he'll continue to draft unsexy and look for immediate impact in FA

yeah i totally get that but i can't watch a team that purposely loses. i'd be disgusted if i was a philly fan and my coach pulled that **** that pederson pulled last night. and besides, let's be real, bill gonna be taking a rutgers special teams ace whether we picking at 5, 10, 15, or 25 :lol:

unless he changes his previous strategy/mentality...he'll continue to draft unsexy and look for immediate impact in FA

i dunno man. stidham aint it and hoyer just there in case of emergency.

i really dont think stafford is going anywhere, not this year. and wentz aint it.

i cant do ryan fitzpatrick.

bill showed he was ready to play ball when he took jimmy g and that was with brady still there.

id be furious if he passes on one of the top qbs if theyre there.

mac jones is interesting. but if he plays well he could be another guy going before pick 15.

really stupid.

Let's be honest though. They're not hitting on a WR :lol:

i dunno man. stidham aint it and hoyer just there in case of emergency.

i really dont think stafford is going anywhere, not this year. and wentz aint it.

i cant do ryan fitzpatrick.

bill showed he was ready to play ball when he took jimmy g and that was with brady still there.

id be furious if he passes on one of the top qbs if theyre there.

mac jones is interesting. but if he plays well he could be another guy going before pick 15.

i'm with you on pretty much all of this. if one of those top guys is there (or even one of the tier 2 guys in rounds 2 or 3), he needs to try something. if we roll out Stidham next year, i will be pissed just based on the fact that he wasn't even willing to play Stidham this year and start some of the development. all the writing on the wall is Stidham ain't the guy. Hoyer better get cut. so they NEED to try and find a guy to develop. and i think even if you draft one of those top guys, you need a guy like Fitz to be there who is a capable backup and bridge starter

going to be an interesting build up to the draft and offseason

i'm with you on pretty much all of this. if one of those top guys is there (or even one of the tier 2 guys in rounds 2 or 3), he needs to try something. if we roll out Stidham next year, i will be pissed just based on the fact that he wasn't even willing to play Stidham this year and start some of the development. all the writing on the wall is Stidham ain't the guy. Hoyer better get cut. so they NEED to try and find a guy to develop. and i think even if you draft one of those top guys, you need a guy like Fitz to be there who is a capable backup and bridge starter

going to be an interesting build up to the draft and offseason

i dont mind fitzpatrick if theres a first or 2nd round pick on the sidelines learning from him.

him alone with hoyer ill break something.

i wanted devonta smith more than anything but thats not gonna happen now. dude is the next good obj

theyre trying to talk about waddle, his teammate at bama ...but hes not the guy for us.

pipe dream is zach wilson. id be happy with mac jones depending on how he does at the combine. i do not want trask unless MAYBE you somehow get pitts and pair trask in the 2nd round.

Let's be honest though. They're not hitting on a WR :lol:

not sure who is listening to sportshub this morning but they're talking about the Harry pick. our scouts were on Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown for 2 years and those were the recommendations to Bill heading into that draft. but Bill had a relationship with the ASU coach already and the coach recommended Harry to Bill, Harry had a great visit and impressed with his smarts, so Bill said that's the guy. totally ignored the two years of research from the scouts in favor of a few hour visit :lol:

he loved herbert last year.

him going to LA makes too much sense.

also how would you feel about bringing jimmy g back.

hes not it for me anymore.

i'm a big no on Jimmy. i don't think he's tough or a winner tbh. and he is not accurate at all. a HUGE complain from my coworkers out here in the Bay is that Jimmy is always throwing behind or above receivers, making it tough for them to catch balls and rarely hits them in stride

Honestly more excited than anything for this offseason, gotta be how it feels to be a Jets fan :lol:

The possibilities are all over with all the cap space that's gonna be available along with other teams being more restricted financially.

Not bad enough to get a top 10 pick for one of the headline QB prospects in this class but I think its gonna be a pretty deep class overall so wouldn't be mad if BB went for someone like Mac Jones or Trey Lance at 15. Looking at either the draft or one of these experienced vets who might be moving, not Jimmy :lol:, should be an early focus imo.

The defense I'm not really as worried about tbh given how many of the younger guys drafted lately got a bunch of reps to develop this year that they might not have without all the opt outs and a lot of those vet leaders should be coming back. That and Hoody still being around is why I'm not nearly half as concerned with that side as the other.

Would much prefer focusing on rebuilding the offense more than anything this offseason cause we can't have a repeat of whatever got served up on that side of the ball this year :smh:. Wild seeing how Josh and co used to set the trends on that side of the ball to how we've set the clock back decades the last 2-3 years as the pantry's become empty and in dire need of restocking.

Back
Top Bottom