OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

College sports are so wonderful and so cringe at the same time.

This looks like a bad SNL skit. :lol:

That's from an interview he did last week Monday. The fact that this clip from a university twitter show (it doesn't air on tv) is now going viral in dust bowl twitter means OU people are combing through usc social media looking for things to get mad at. They've even got their politicians tweeting about it:

1638892879836.png

I know this is hypocritical after my "we don't think about you at all" comment, but saw on Ole Miss's board (was there because they're targeting Tee Martin and Graham Harrell) that OU thinks they're getting Arch Manning. Went to OU's board, and indeed their guy Brandon Drumm has been lying to their fans. N41D N41D dacomeup dacomeup

1638894658476.png

"Late in the game?" He's a 2023.

TBH, I don’t hate what he said

It sounds terrible though :lol:

It wasn’t that far off given that early signing is so close and he’s probably right but after the huge complaint about Mullen and recruiting he probably should’ve said something a little different lol

No confidence at all :lol:

Transition classes tend to have a bunch of kids that end up transferring out in a year or two. No sense in signing 25 kids in a class when 2 years from now only 10 of them will still be there. Makes more sense to try and lock in the kids that you think will be there for the longhaul, and ones that you actually are somewhat familiar with and think will actually play. Instead of just loading up your class for the recruiting rankings or to satiate fans. All the coaches, especially in these last couple of years during ESD, who have taken over new jobs have had tons of kids transfer out. Don't really see the issue in what he is saying to be honest, plus I think the main point of that was about the 2022 class. Not necessarily '23 and beyond

Ewers would do great at a school like USC under Lincoln but his NIL deals want him playing now so Texas Tech would be solid. I like what Aranda is doing at Baylor so I would check them out if I were him.

All of you saying you'd prefer Phil Knight over other boosters:

He's currently holding the Oregon coach search hostage and forcing them to pick between Justin Wilcox, or as a concession, Chip Kelly. And even with Kelly, he's still salty he went to the ungratefully left for the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom