OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckeye badminton gonna be so lit this year I can’t wait. NT meet up at the game? Or match, whatever it’s called

The admin is the biggest issue. Look who the hires have been since Butch Davis left.
Larry Coker - only coached at UTSA afterwords
Randy Shannon - no HC jobs afterwards, coordinator jobs that he was fired from too
Al Golden - NFL position coaching gigs
Mark Richt - retirement
Manny Diaz - won’t be a HC again either

Outside of Richt, who Miami hired when he was at the end of his career and just didn’t have it in him anymore/ probably was going through the early stages of Parkinson’s, each hire was awful. The funny part is that they’ve had better options at every turn. They’ve turned down interest for Gary Patterson, Mario and Mullen alone over the last 15 years.
I feel like I remember at one point financial issues/backing from boosters were a big factor.

No?

I hate that youre still going to wash Michigan.

If they played this weekend Michigan would probably take it easily. Unless this team figures it out I think Michigan will win this year. They’ve looked good so far, granted they’ve had an easy schedule but they’ve taken care of business how they should

I feel like I remember at one point financial issues/backing from boosters were a big factor.

No?
The admin/BOT caring enough about football were issues. The AD pissed off boosters who actually care + have invested money in the program (NIL, indoor facility, etc) with how the Diaz hire went down. The AD hired him within 72hrs after Richt was hired without even interviewing anyone else, and one of the big name boosters was already in talks with Mario and prepared to pay his buyout. Money being an issue with Miami is definitely overblown. Apathy from the admin is definitely a bigger issues, but sounds like some of the right people who care are rightfully pissed off right now.

but sounds like some of the right people who care are rightfully pissed off right now.
sure-sure-jan.gif

If they played this weekend Michigan would probably take it easily. Unless this team figures it out I think Michigan will win this year. They’ve looked good so far, granted they’ve had an easy schedule but they’ve taken care of business how they should
Buckeyes will win by 14+ no matter when they play... Jim gets so tight in that game its unreal.

dacomeup is right - money for Miami won't be an issue IF Frenk and the administration actually value the program. The money didn't want Richt to retire in the first place, they just wanted his son gone with a revamped staff and he wouldn't do it and then it was just a dumb, quick pivot to Manny.

Kind of feel bad for Manny. Ideally, he's exactly the fit but he just has no business being a HC at this level. The athletic program also has been responsible for a basketball program that has turned into a complete joke (even while attempting to cheat their *** off) and a baseball program that's turned into the biggest underachiever in the sport.

I actually think Mario would take the job with a competitive offer and the administration getting on board to push things forward. I know, say what you will but a guy with his background doesn't turn that job down if you can make things almost equal.

dacomeup is right - money for Miami won't be an issue IF Frenk and the administration actually value the program. The money didn't want Richt to retire in the first place, they just wanted his son gone with a revamped staff and he wouldn't do it and then it was just a dumb, quick pivot to Manny.

Kind of feel bad for Manny. Ideally, he's exactly the fit but he just has no business being a HC at this level. The athletic program also has been responsible for a basketball program that has turned into a complete joke (even while attempting to cheat their *** off) and a baseball program that's turned into the biggest underachiever in the sport.

I actually think Mario would take the job with a competitive offer and the administration getting on board to push things forward. I know, say what you will but a guy with his background doesn't turn that job down if you can make things almost equal.
Wow an AI sighting same week as Gunna. Welcome back amigo.

Now all we’re waiting for is 5am6oody72 5am6oody72 dr dr funk 13 @chestermcfloppy scarsorscabs scarsorscabs C CP1708 dlo13 dlo13 @dajoka ooiron manoo ooiron manoo 10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln @currentiterationofkeef johnny cakes johnny cakes and stanfan stanfan and Dr. Strange can close the portal.

giphy.gif

Michigan still doesn’t have the athleticism in the secondary to hang with OSU, which has been the defining difference between the two teams since Harbaugh has been here. If it turns into a track meet, Michigan will not be able to keep up given how they are built.

Michigan still doesn’t have the athleticism in the secondary to hang with OSU, which has been the defining difference between the two teams since Harbaugh has been here. If it turns into a track meet, Michigan will not be able to keep up given how they are built.
It's kind of baffling how Harbaugh has failed up there, especially at the two things everyone thought would be guaranteed successes for him:

Recruiting a top QB and then developing that QB into a star.

I'm infuriated the powers that be at that school haven't/won't fix it. There is ZERO reason that program shouldn't be among the elite every single year.

Hell, the alumni alone should fix the issue. (I know it doesn't work that way, but you get the idea)

Bring back Larry Coker damn it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom