Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Soon as he got tired he went away from the jab & back to the windmills :lol: that right hand a gift & a curse to him.

What a fun fight. Wilder got crazy heart but still no boxing technique.

Fury head movement was off this fight but he still got the KO end of the day

Wilder should aim for 1 more big fight and call it a career. Travel across the pond and fight Joshua in front of 100k.

Because he’s not getting any of the belts back. Made a living off crushing cans with that right hand but lacks the basic fundamentals against any other elite heavyweight

What a fight! It reminded me of Bradley-Provodnikov fight from a few years ago, where Bradley took a bunch of punishment. But this fight tonight was at heavyweight. Crazy to think that Wilder took that much punishment! I don't think he'll be the same after tonight.

Fury has too much skill for him. Size, putting his weight on Wilder is all strategy we’ve seen on the past 2 fights.

Wilder should have kept his distance from him
why? so he could get jabed and he could actually land his combos instead of gettting in close and letting wilder go for the clinch? Wilder did the best he could, but he was no match. He didn't learn a thing from his first fight and got caught in the sauce. Fury is just on another level.

why? so he could get jabed and he could actually land his combos instead of gettting in close and letting wilder go for the clinch? Wilder did the best he could, but he was no match. He didn't learn a thing from his first fight and got caught in the sauce. Fury is just on another level.
When I say he should have kept his distance I meant get on his bicycle and move around the ring. Can’t let Fury put all his weight on you. Gotta stick and move with him.

What a great fight. Definitely FOTY contender. Wilder isn't a technical fighter and instead of improving his game from the first fight, he came back the same just heavier and with a bit more stamina. Fury's fighting style is hard to fight against, but not impossible. Wilder has heart, but he was outclassed again tonight. Wonder who is fighting Fury next? Usyk? hmm....

It's funny just how predictable Wilder fights. He did something different for the first few rounds then immediately went back to the telegraphed right every single time.

Just hoping god given power erases skill, weight, and height advantage. And if you take any of those advantages away, he probably would have won to be honest. Wilder still gets the W over anyone else in the division.

When I say he should have kept his distance I meant get on his bicycle and move around the ring. Can’t let Fury put all his weight on you. Gotta stick and move with him.
Ah I get you now, yea fury was extremely effective on using his size on Wilder. He did the same thing on the first fight and Wilder didn't try to avoid it. However, I feel it could have worked against Wilder to give Fury the distance. Fury's coach told him to jab the guy, he saw a tired wilder clinching and buying time and Fury kept engaging in close getting stopped with the clinch. It was an excellent strategy, but Wilder also didnt' have the stamina for 12 rounds plus what you said about Fury tired him out even faster as well.

Love how some are talking like wilder is garage . He still beats anybody else in the division… fury is just #1 and has his number

Back
Top Bottom