Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

not mad at the stoppage.... thought the ref would stop it but the corner did it themselves... canelo was dropping bombs and it was just a wrap really lol... bum or not canelo looking unstoppable

This is someone at their PEAK. Canelo looking like he gonna fight 3-4 times this year alone :lol: :pimp:

I get mad at how these boxing ppl downplay Canelo ducking Jermall Charlo. They say he's fighting his mandatory last night, but ignore he vacated to avoid Charlo. And Canelo keeps saying he will beat him in the media. Make the fight then!!!

I get mad at how these boxing ppl downplay Canelo ducking Jermall Charlo. They say he's fighting his mandatory last night, but ignore he vacated to avoid Charlo. And Canelo keeps saying he will beat him in the media. Make the fight then!!!

Theyre not in the same weight class

Canelo didn’t vacate that belt, the WBC did that “franchise champion” bs with him.

Mall got did dirty in that situation, but at the same time he could easily fight Plant this spring and put himself in line for that fight in September if he really wanted to.

Canelo needs to fight top knoch comp now from here on out.. Sanders, plant, Charlo, Bobo, Benavides That’s if he wants to cement his legacy!!

You should be more mad at the fact that malls best win so far has been jrock or trout.

Lmao "knoch"

before last night his past 5 fights was callum, kovalev, jacobs, fielding, and ggg.

What more do you want from the man?
Only 2 names on that list worth mentioning where it was actually billed to be a good fight. Jacobs and Ggg miss me with these other names.

I'll wait for Canelo to fight real comp in the super middleweight division not these tomatoe cans he has gotten in there with.

But this man continue to get passes lol especially in here.

His legacy as of now is multi division champ with really only GGG to his name of guys he beat where there was a real chance of him losing.

He hasn't been in the ring with someone who will drag him into the mud. Never fought through any adversity except for his shutout loss to mayweather a smaller man.

But hey hes the best who hasnt ever had to really beat the best without some type of advantage

It's a shame we wont ever see his talent really put to the test. Part of that does fall on him especially if he is taking opponents like his last 2 fights

Only 2 names on that list worth mentioning where it was actually billed to be a good fight. Jacobs and Ggg miss me with these other names.

I'll wait for Canelo to fight real comp in the super middleweight division not these tomatoe cans he has gotten in there with.

But this man continue to get passes lol especially in here.

His legacy as of now is multi division champ with really only GGG to his name of guys he beat where there was a real chance of him losing.

He hasn't been in the ring with someone who will drag him into the mud. Never fought through any adversity except for his shutout loss to mayweather a smaller man.

But hey hes the best who hasnt ever had to really beat the best without some type of advantage

It's a shame we wont ever see his talent really put to the test. Part of that does fall on him especially if he is taking opponents like his last 2 fights

Jesus tough crowd lol. Sounds like you won't be satisfied until he gets in the ring with joshua or wilder.

Let me guess.. bjs is a bum too right?

Jermall is my guy but after his own TWIN brother called him out for not taking the Canelo fight all that talk was finished about him not ducking Canelo. He ducked and he should set himself up to be fighting him this year or at least Plant BJS. Jermell would beat both of them easily btw.

Actually Jermall should of been fought Danny Jacobs and Andrade too. How these fights havent happened yet is beyond me.

Last edited:
Derevyanchanko. And it was an impressive one at that. Better than what GGG did for sure. GGG lost to Dery, regardless of what the scorecards said.

Impressive to an extent...

Wasn’t the same Derevyanchanko that got jobbed against Jacobs. Charlo caught him after the GGG war and a year layoff...perfect matchmaking.

His best win was J Rock. Trout? Ehhhh, fought him out of his prime at that point. Meanwhile Canelo beat Trout coming off the Cotto win, when he was undefeated and avoided by EVERYONE.

Wasn’t the same Derevyanchanko that got jobbed against Jacobs. Charlo caught him after the GGG war and a year layoff...perfect matchmaking.

His best win was J Rock. Trout? Ehhhh, fought him out of his prime at that point. Meanwhile Canelo beat Trout coming off the Cotto win, when he was undefeated and avoided by EVERYONE.

Facts

Some of us really need to understand matchmaking lol.

A lot of fighters resumes and "good wins" aren't really what they seem on paper.

I get what you're saying but Charlo literally fought him RIGHT after he beat GGG, and Derev didn't take the kind of punishment against GGG where he would be an entirely different fighter, I don't like that argument. I agree the Trout win wasn't a big deal though.

Jermall is my guy but after his own TWIN brother called him out for not taking the Canelo fight all that talk was finished about him not ducking Canelo. He ducked and he should set himself up to be fighting him this year or at least Plant BJS. Jermell would beat both of them easily btw.

Actually Jermall should of been fought Danny Jacobs and Andrade too. How these fights havent happened yet is beyond me.

If he really ducked Canelo then it is what it is

As far as Jacobs, folks in here are talking like Derev was washed by the time Charlo beat him, so by those standards he'd get no credit for a Jacobs fight after he arguably got beat by Gabe Rosado. And Andrade hasn't really fought anybody and looked sloppy lately, folks will definitely downplay that too, but I'd watch it.

Apparently Jermall is talking about going to 168 and fighting Benavidez which I'm down for, either that or Plant would be a great fight. I guess we'll see how that turns out.

If he really ducked Canelo then it is what it is

As far as Jacobs, folks in here are talking like Derev was washed by the time Charlo beat him, so by those standards he'd get no credit for a Jacobs fight after he arguably got beat by Gabe Rosado. And Andrade hasn't really fought anybody and looked sloppy lately, folks will definitely downplay that too, but I'd watch it.

Apparently Jermall is talking about going to 168 and fighting Benavidez which I'm down for, either that or Plant would be a great fight. I guess we'll see how that turns out.

yeah apparently he got offered life changing money for Canelo and still turned it down to keep that 0 and not be great is what Jermell said.

Yep I agree with you on Jacobs :lol: . He lost to Rosado and he’s not hungry anymore after landing the Canelo sweepstakes and HBO deal. So Jermall would wash him and not get the just due credit. I’d still wanna see it though for the trash talk chaos. Andrade is a very sloppy fighter but I think Jermall still gets credit for washing him too.

Plant or moving up to Benavidez would be great.

yeah apparently he got offered life changing money for Canelo and still turned it down to keep that 0 and not be great is what Jermell said.

Yep I agree with you on Jacobs :lol: . He lost to Rosado and he’s not hungry anymore after landing the Canelo sweepstakes and HBO deal. So Jermall would wash him and not get the just due credit. I’d still wanna see it though for the trash talk chaos. Andrade is a very sloppy fighter but I think Jermall still gets credit for washing him too.

Plant or moving up to Benavidez would be great.

That's wild if true, even wilder that Jermell is putting that out there, they're saying he got offered 15 mil for Canelo. Terrible look.

I don't care much for the Jacobs or Andrade fights at this point, but any combination of Plant, Benavidez and Charlo I'm definitely down for.

This is what I am trying to explain when it comes to matchmaking. Charlo or his team, whoever it was, turned down career high pay days for both canelo and andrade.

Now, theres a reason for that. For yall that dont remember, Go back and re-visit charlo vs korobov(southpaw) and try your best to show me 7 rounds that charlo won to win a decision in that fight and I scored it 116-112 for korobov. Andrade is a matchup nightmare for charlo and he and his team have been "advised" to avoid that fight.

Back
Top Bottom