OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so a guy is off the board for Oregon because he took a job at Illinois?! Oregon can’t come in and offer something better to steal a guy from Illinois?

Yeah, it's a weird situation. It's a combination of Pruitt underperforming and the NCAA investigation. Tennessee placed a hiring freeze So Pruitt can't get any more staff or assistance but the university went and hired Kevin Steele, one of the highest paid coordinators in the country.

I think Tennessee might be trying to weasel their way out of not paying Pruitt's buyout. If it's proven that Pruitt and his staff violated NCAA recruiting rules, they can fire him for cause so they don't have to pay his $10m+ buyout.

Wait so is Karen in Key LargoanbFSU fan or just a Jimbo fan? Why is she on the TAMU boards now? :lol:

Wait so is Karen in Key LargoanbFSU fan or just a Jimbo fan? Why is she on the TAMU boards now? :lol:
She been there for months. :lol:

Said she quit on FSU when they fired Baby Briles and then moved to Texas for “business”.

Grandma gotta crush on Jimbo... she swears she’s tight with players moms, too.

I really cannot believe that woman is a real person. Some strange people in this world man :lol:

Nah she’s real real. People on the A&M boards have met her and defend her relentlessly.

It’s wild how many white knights granny got. But she fits in scary well with old Aggie traditionalists.

She’s probably a 50/50 split on A&M boards of she’s either harassed constantly for sucking as bad as she does or people defending her incessantly.

As expected. Jarrid Williams back at RT too. 7th year of eligibility. :lol: Miami having an older team will be nice for once.

So this is Jeff Banks’s gf pole assassin?

EDIT I guess it is

tenor.gif

Last edited:
N41D N41D tmay407 tmay407 saw a rumor Bryan Carrington talked to SC about coming over in a recruiting admin role. He a good recruiter outside Texas if he ends up leaving there?

Honestly, I genuinely don’t know.

I always kinda wonder if dudes are actually making decisions based on guys that don’t actually coach football.

It’s like Austin Thomas at LSU and Leah Knight at A&M and all the love they got. There’s obviously a reason their names came up constantly, but how much does it actually help?

LSU and A&M didn’t skip a beat respectively when theirs left.

Honestly, I genuinely don’t know.

I always kinda wonder if dudes are actually making decisions based on guys that don’t actually coach football.

It’s like Austin Thomas at LSU and Leah Knight at A&M and all the love they got. There’s obviously a reason their names came up constantly, but how much does it actually help?

LSU and A&M didn’t skip a beat respectively when theirs left.
I get what you mean. Austin used to be at SC and our coaching staff was so small he was on the road recruiting at some point, so I got HIS appeal.

And I’ve made a few decisions based on Leah Knight.

I get what you mean. Austin used to be at SC and our coaching staff was so small he was on the road recruiting at some point, so I got HIS appeal.

And I’ve made a few decisions based on Leah Knight.
:lol: Leah was bonkers.

There’s obviously a greater than zero impact.

I hadn’t even thought about Carrington just because A&M and UT aren’t crossing over much recruiting-wise at this point. Very few head to heads.

Think that’s gonna change a lot now
Maybe. Maybe not. A&M is way less involved recruiting in-state at this point, especially on defense.

‘22 isn’t gonna be kind to Sark in-state. Ohio State is going to be strong. A&M is about to make a big run early with Sylla starting things off today.

It's official, Pruitt is out at Tennessee. He was fired for cause which means they don't have to pay his buyout. This explains the timing. Good financial move for the university but awful for on the field coaching. All the good candidates are gone and it looks like Kevin Steele might be the interim coach for 2021. This also doesn't bode well for the NCAA violations that Tennessee might have forthcoming. That program is a real dumpster fire right now

Looks like Fulmer is out as well.

Last edited:
Damn, they’re saying multiple Level 1 violations for Tennessee. Fat Phil stepping down too. Do they just ride it out with Steele for a year or try and hire a coach and AD is the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom