Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

CB3D3E08-A169-4C35-BF8E-379E26F536D7.jpeg
Feels good to be back at the ballpark

Giants taking 3/4 against the Cubs was nice to see. Not nice to see Longo dislocating his AC joint (that hurts like hell).

Gausman is legit. Dude pitched lights out after he gave up that HR to Wisdom. Speaking of Wisdom, dude beasted all series long.

Side notes:

- Heard Duane Kiper is taking time away to begin chemo. I hope he recovers and comes back 1000%.
- Surprised the Giants cut Kazmir, when I thought he was on the path for a comeback. But from what I read he has some personal issues where he might be done with the game for good?

Solid outing by Menez. One more inning to go.

This team is deep. Farhan is definitely doing it.

I’ve heard many people say they get 2010 vibes from this team. I gotta be honest, I don’t and never did. That team could not come back from 7-0, 5-0, or even 3-0 to save their lives. Obviously I’m exaggerating on the 3-0 but let’s be honest, it’s not that far fetched to see that happening. That team played more 1 run games than any team I can remember, hence the rally cry “torture”. 2010 starting pitching was better, although this squad has been solid. But the 2010 bullpen is head and shoulders better than this one. That said, this team has a ton of heart and I never feel like they’re out of the game…so I’m not gonna mention anything because the swoon has been real for several years but if we can end this month atop the NL West we’ll be in really good shape for the stretch run.

Yeah, this team is built differently compared to the past teams. There's depth on this roster and the fact they have continued to win with all the injuries is surprising. I completely forgot we had Aaron Sanchez. Plus the hitting is better, IMO. I think I heard they're tied in the league in HR. Didn't think that at all.

This team has already surpassed my expectations this year and I hope they do get to the playoffs.

Gausman v. Ohtani on Wednesday. That's going to be fun.

Also, Yaz's swing on yesterday's HR was so nice to look at. I hope he heats up for the rest of the season.

I think they could’ve done so much more with them. Our color isn’t even white, it’s cream..

A part of me likes the clean white but then I just see the missed opportunity and disappointment.

20210626_180530.jpg

City jersey leak? Thoughts?
At least put the whole "Giants" name on the chest instead of that knock-off "G". Honestly, they could have replaced the "San Francisco" on the gray jerseys with "Giants" instead and referred to gray base color as fog. That would have saved them trouble while sticking with a design that's familiar with a twist.

Back
Top Bottom