OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does eligibility look like? I would imagine they still have to wait until next season to play. I wonder if schools who are under the scholarship limit could add a player mid-season lol
They can begin shopping in the portal before the windows otherwise set for everyone else and can transfer schools immediately, but can't play same season. Would have to wait til the next season. Could presumably begin practicing as soon as they enroll though?

So I just realized that the Favre USM scandal stems from him promissing to fully fund the $4M project then trying to get out of spending any of his own money. I thought it was a situation where he was just fundraising illegally but didn't realize it was a donation he promised but never intended to actually be on the hook for.

And then he tried to get football facilities done the same way while all the heat from this was still building. What a POS.

What also slipped under the radar was Favre's own charity shenanigans - which is really the lowest of the low in many ways.

From Favre's website:

Favre4Hope
Founded by Brett and Deanna Favre, the Foundation supports charities that provide support to underserved and disabled children and breast cancer patients.

Annnnnnnd from last week's reports:

Former NFL quarterback Brett Favre's Favre4Hope charity, whose mission statement says it provides support "for disadvantaged and disabled children and breast cancer patients," donated more than $130,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi Athletic Foundation from 2018 to 2020.

Favre4Hope tax records show that in 2018, the foundation gave the USM Athletic Foundation $60,000. Every other charity organization received $10,000.

In 2019, the USM Athletic Foundation received $46,817. The next highest donation, to the Special Olympics of Mississippi, was $11,000.

And in 2020, Favre4Hope donated $26,175 to the USM Athletic Foundation while no other organization received more than $10,000.

Did they already establish the transfer portal rule where if you take a player, they count in your scholarship number their remaining years of eligibility regardless if they stay or leave? If not it’s coming soon. Going to change how a lot of schools do business imo.

Ole chip Kelly suspended him for the season after that but he was conveniently eligible during the rose bowl against OSU

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne watched your game again, how come they don’t try to get the ball to Andrel Anthony more? He seems like the most explosive receiver you guys have. I remember him lighting up MSU last year too

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne watched your game again, how come they don’t try to get the ball to Andrel Anthony more? He seems like the most explosive receiver you guys have. I remember him lighting up MSU last year too

It’s been a complaint in the fanbase. The way you beat that Iowa cover 2 is by taking what’s there, and Maryland was playing there secondary way off, so there hasn’t really been opportunities for big plays down the field. But I also suspect the staff doesn’t really trust the OL is pass pro.

Anyone else remember when Caleb Williams was supposed to be heading to Wisconsin because Chryst hired his dads friend Bobby Engram as their OC? :lol:

BEE6BB99-C88E-404A-BDDC-879452ED9350.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom