OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This used to be the unsaid B1G requirement right?

Yea, but ND was on the doorstep of joining in the 90’s without it and many of the same schools that voted for Nebraska to get kicked out because their med school was on a satellite campus, voted for their inclusion into the conference.

It’s a soft requirement, if a school like OU wanted in, they’d be in. It’s the reason the tires were kicked on TCU.

Last edited:
Fxj-Qb8q-Xo-AAWdt-P.jpg

What is the point of HR if **** like this is getting outsourced? Plausible deniability?

Last edited:
Nah, that grind aint it. I got homies at the D1, P5 level coaching and they be WORKING, working. Constantly in the office or on the road. If I was single, sure, but with a wife / and or kids no way.

Nah, that grind aint it. I got homies at the D1, P5 level coaching and they be WORKING, working. Constantly in the office or on the road. If I was single, sure, but with a wife / and or kids no way.

Yeah I have a friend who became a D1 baseball coach unexpectedly when their HC (manager? I don’t college baseball) was fired.

Dude went MIA for like 3 months because he suddenly had to pick up all of the former coaches duties plus his own at like $60-70k/year salary he was getting before. He was 27 and single at that point, didn’t get named to the permanent job and quit a year later because it burned him out and he was getting married.

I know baseball plays more games but I imagine the pressure of FBS football is that x10.

Last edited:
Nick Saban is about to go beg his boy Joe Manchin for Federal NIL regulations

I really really think that they can’t. As policy exists right now, and without unions or clear employment status for players, it’s a state issue.

If the Fed government regulates NIL, how much kids can make, who can pay who, and when, then I’ll be the first person yelling “federal minimum wage!!!”

People always point to the P5 head coaches making millions of dollars and say that working 60+ hours, 7 days per week isn't that bad but they need to keep in mind that a lot of the GA's and position coaches don't make anywhere near that much money and work those same crazy hours. Just doesn't seem worth it to me but I don't love football like these guys do

I really really think that they can’t. As policy exists right now, and without unions or clear employment status for players, it’s a state issue.

If the Fed government regulates NIL, how much kids can make, who can pay who, and when, then I’ll be the first person yelling “federal minimum wage!!!”

It's just posturing. They will never get an Federal NIL regulation because then players will sue and it's been established that the higher courts in this country are on the side of the players.

This is before you even mention the fact that Democrats and Republicans can't find common ground on what NIL regulation would look like.

People always point to the P5 head coaches making millions of dollars and say that working 60+ hours, 7 days per week isn't that bad but they need to keep in mind that a lot of the GA's and position coaches don't make anywhere near that much money and work those same crazy hours. Just doesn't seem worth it to me but I don't love football like these guys do
It all depends on who you work for. But I will say there's way more grind for no reason coaches than not. They rather over work and over prepare cuz they think they'll be outworked, not because there is so much work to be done. Also you got coaches who wanna look like they're doing a good job just because of the amount of work they put in so if/when something goes wrong, they won't get ripped because they were out the office or with family. Thats a 100% Saban environment though, I know coaches who have multiple phones and copies of keys and they'll leave them on the desk and dip to make it seem like they're in the office or they'll be on the phone with their boys all day shooting the $%#* but tryna look like they're recruiting, its all opticals. Been in P5/FBS for about 10 years now and it all starts with the personality of the head coach and everybody else will do what they think he wants so they're not on the chopping block.

Now with recruiting they'll over do it and put it all on recruiting staffs just so they can volume shoot. Won't turn kids down that wanna come on unofficials, get as many kids to camp as they can, watch film on all these transfer portal kids knowing they're not taking but a couple, its ridiculous.

It all depends on who you work for. But I will say there's way more grind for no reason coaches than not. They rather over work and over prepare cuz they think they'll be outworked, not because there is so much work to be done. Also you got coaches who wanna look like they're doing a good job just because of the amount of work they put in so if/when something goes wrong, they won't get ripped because they were out the office or with family. Thats a 100% Saban environment though, I know coaches who have multiple phones and copies of keys and they'll leave them on the desk and dip to make it seem like they're in the office or they'll be on the phone with their boys all day shooting the $%#* but tryna look like they're recruiting, its all opticals. Been in P5/FBS for about 10 years now and it all starts with the personality of the head coach and everybody else will do what they think he wants so they're not on the chopping block.

Now with recruiting they'll over do it and put it all on recruiting staffs just so they can volume shoot. Won't turn kids down that wanna come on unofficials, get as many kids to camp as they can, watch film on all these transfer portal kids knowing they're not taking but a couple, its ridiculous.
1. Say his name! Stop protecting Coral Gables! (or College Station or wherever)
2. What school were you with again? Ole Miss?

That all sounds completely plausible

The Clempson hype is more dubious. Who are the playmakers on that offense?

FSU returns a lot of solid pieces and adds Bell and Coleman, who I think a lot of people are sleeping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom