OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

it's wild to think about but those of us who actually care about/want these retros are, relatively speaking, old heads now
I guess you can say that.

I was in elementary school when these dropped. I was into kicks lol, but copping LeBrons wasn’t on my mind.

I said it earlier in the thread, but for me, as a PE collector, I have always wanted these, so I will be getting them. :D
But, i don't feel it was one of the most desired PE's for the majority of people which is why i felt it was a weird color to retro.
Most had no idea this color existed or the backstory. :ohwell:
If it was me, i would have did the Triple Double's or the SVSM.

But with these samples that release whether it be the WTT 9's or the Oregon 5's for Jordan etc.
No one wants them anymore, once they release. Most of those people wanted it because no one else had it & as soon as it becomes accessible, it's not wanted anymore. :smh:

PO

True…I guess maybe we see more of an uptick in interest once the Fruity Pebble 4’s drop…Since those are more widely known outside of the PE collecting and OG sneaker head circles…

My only concern with the apparent disinterest in the Lebron retro line, is that Nike will get cold feet when it comes to releasing PE colorways in the future…Love being able to get sneakers like this with ease, so have to take it where we can get it…

Last edited:
it's wild to think about but those of us who actually care about/want these retros are, relatively speaking, old heads now
Yup, 41 years old here.

I still have two pairs of the OG IIs that I bought at the Nike outlets back when they came out that are unwearable now obviously, so I am glad about the IIs being retroed finally.

It was the IIs that got me into LeBrons actually. I have a least one colorway of all the models except the IVs now. Still not the biggest fan of the IVs.

C5D8343C-8ED1-47A9-BC40-A721C923D266.jpeg

Had to have these, used to fly in 2s in HS 🏀. I don’t ball anymore but been wanting to get back. I’m 34 BTW

Almost bit on a double up…Think I’ll hold off for the Navy pair too…Really wish they went with the ~Chamber of Fear~ strap for those but it is what it is…

Last edited:
Thinking about getting these over the TM's dropping tomorrow.... my size is still up on SNKRS (for the moment lol)

Yeah, I doubled up.
I'll return the second pair back to Nike if I can catch one sale since it seems there is a still FSR at the moment.

Finally, a LeBron release big footers don't have to stress about. :lol:

PO

I'm 28 I'm about to be the youngest guy with a pair of lebron 2s :lol: a couple other kids at my elementary/middle school had em back in the day but my poor dad had to pay for adult size for me. Size 9.5 at age 10 (technically size 9 but half sized up for when I grew more into em).

I'd cop maccabis on discount. I'll cop ASG greys at retail, or if we're ever blessed with SVSM or dunkman PE's I'd cop those at retail too.

Fax. I’m well aware when i wrote my previous post that most people who balled in OGs aren’t really hoopin no more 😭

I do though lol. 38 yrs young and still hoopin 2-3x a week with the youngins 😂
That's cool man. I'm 42 and ball once a week with my bro and his homies and my homies so it's a good mix (he's 10 years older than me) and the games get pretty competitive. We hoop at our hold HS (being AD has its perks LOL), gotta get this COVID weight off man... can't stop on a dime like i did when I was your age.... #washed

I'm 28 I'm about to be the youngest guy with a pair of lebron 2s :lol: a couple other kids at my elementary/middle school had em back in the day but my poor dad had to pay for adult size for me. Size 9.5 at age 10 (technically size 9 but half sized up for when I grew more into em).

I'd cop maccabis on discount. I'll cop ASG greys at retail, or if we're ever blessed with SVSM or dunkman PE's I'd cop those at retail too.
Ima cop on discount, $215 crazy.

Ima cop on discount, $215 crazy.

It definitely is, I wouldn't have bought at retail if I didn't want them for sometime as a PE collector. Also, I had no idea how the big sizes would do given past releases, so couldn't chance it.

When they made these during the sample days, i'd estimate a few pairs were made in Bron's size & probably about 50 max pairs, if that, in regular sizes. (9-14)
I'm an 11.5-12, so you would have to assume maybe only 10 or so existed in that size range, if that. People were paying $3k + per pair due to their rarity & people I would try to obtain from would not respond back to messages when I would offer $2K. :smh:

I know all those owners mad now though. :rofl:

So, thats why I paid & I'm looking forward to finally getting them & hopefully them going on sale, but as I said earlier in the thread, I didn't feel this was a color most/mass audience would appreciate, as there were only a few people who knew of them to begin with.

PO

Last edited:
It definitely is, I wouldn't have bought at retail if I didn't want them for sometime as a PE collector. Also, I had no idea how the big sizes would do given past releases, so couldn't chance it.

When they made these during the sample days, i'd estimate a few pairs were made in Bron's size & probably about 50 max pairs, if that, in regular sizes. (9-14)
I'm an 11.5-12, so you would have to assume maybe only 10 or so existed in that size range, if that. People were paying $3k + per pair due to their rarity & people I would try to obtain from would not respond back to messages when I would offer $2K. :smh:

I know all those owners mad now though. :rofl:

So, thats why I paid & I'm looking forward to finally getting them & hopefully them going on sale, but as I said earlier in the thread, I didn't feel this was a color most/mass audience would appreciate, as there were only a few people who knew of them to begin with.

PO

On average about how many pairs of PE’s were they making for Bron around that time? That 50ish number makes a bunch of sense because these hardly ever turned up in bigger sizes…I imagine it would kind of be all over…I remember the home PE 4’s were fairly easy to get but I could never pin down something like All Star 4’s…

Fruity Pebbles better be this easy…And like hitman243 hitman243 said, Dunkman 2’s would be day one full retail purchases…

Last edited:
On average about how many pairs of PE’s were they making for Bron around that time? That 50ish number makes a bunch of sense because these hardly ever turned up in bigger sizes…I imagine it would kind of be all over…I remember the home PE 4’s were fairly easy to get but I could never pin down something like All Star 4’s…

Fruity Pebbles better be this easy…And like hitman243 hitman243 said, Dunkman 2’s would be day one full retail purchases…

So during the 1-4 era, Bron would get a good amount of pairs that matched his uni's, but they definitely didn't send a lot like they do now for Nike/Jordan Athletes.

But special color PE's, like Maccabi's/Fruity's it might have been 3-6 pairs tops at that. I'm strictly talking about his size 16 personal pairs though. Because sometimes the pairs have actual adjustments for his playing style (different insole, cut, cushioning) & also visual differences. (For EX: A lot of his 2's has embossed 23's, Champ Gold 10's had a Red Swoosh, Fruity Pebbles didn't have a full colored panel sole, etc)

The F&F versions of the pairs that we see often on the internet in normal sizes like Dunkman 2/3's, Graffiti Blue 4's, HWC 7's, SVSM AZG's etc were easily produced in the hundreds. Very obtainable.

PO

Back
Top Bottom