OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

grittyman grittyman I keep hearing about these game day pros. Gotta get one soon? You just have one pair and just put them in shoe that you’re playing in at the time?
I have a couple of pairs…. Bought a pair maybe early 2022 and then they had a Black Friday sale discounts if you bought 2 or more.

They add additional arch support and cushioning, but for me they do improve the overall fit of most of the shoes I’ve worn them in…and yeah I just swap them into whatever shoes I’m wearing at the time (except Kobe V’s those are already super snug imo)

I have a LOT of shoes but depending on my schedule I play a lot as well. Once I find a shoe that I really like (right now the LBJ 20’s) I tend to wear that one quite a bit…all while still buying new stuff that I get for a good price.

Having said that, I think I’ve worn these at least 6x for pickup runs and maybe another 10 for shoot arounds…including about 90 minutes of getting some shots up yesterday. Made sure to swap in my Game Day pro insoles and I was go to go, no discomfort whatsoever. Sucks for those of you who really like this shoe but can’t get a good fit. Been so long since I first got my pair so other than feeling stiff I can’t say I remember them feeling tight but I have USA’s coming in soon so I’m update my experiences with those.

Yeah man this is one sneaker I really wanted to work for me. Love the way they look and then nostalgia factor haha. It’s all good though, got a pair of lebron 16 on the way in the Superman color so I’m excited about those. You know how it is, always looking forward to the next pair haha!

Last edited:
Yeah man this is one sneaker I really wanted to work for me. Love the way they look and then nostalgia factor haha. It’s all good though, got a pair of lebron 16 on the way in the Superman color so I’m excited about those. You know how it is, always looking forward to the next pair haha!
For sure bro haha

Honestly maybe 90% of the shoes I try are pretty damn good lol. There’s only been a few pairs where I’m like these are trash, otherwise it’s really just finding something that checks every single box in what you’re looking for.

For sure bro haha

Honestly maybe 90% of the shoes I try are pretty damn good lol. There’s only been a few pairs where I’m like these are trash, otherwise it’s really just finding something that checks every single box in what you’re looking for.

I think I have the 16s in the same category as you. Definitely a shoe I throw on after like 2-3 days of hard hoops when I want some extra comfort on the feet and cushion for the knees. The 2s would have been a competitive balling shoe for me if they had fit better. I prefer the lower to the ground feeling or zoom for more intense pickup or games.

Got the USA 2’s in a little while ago… noticed the shorter tongue and thinner material on the strap (neither of which should impact performance). No excessive tightness on the initial try on either.

Will probably just keep these on ice for now until the Macabi’s are beater status.

Cut back on posting pics since I’m not trying to been seen as flexing but I can confirm…
7E2CB427-4781-485D-B9EA-BDEB621099FD.jpeg
I wish they were $99 at my nike store.

Nope - it was SUPPOSED to be, but mine prices Jordan retros and Lebron 20’s at full retail when they are returned.
That's interesting. I currently work at a clearance store and since Feb. 2020 when we moved to the everyday low price/no promos model, no shoes have ever been over $99.99 at our store (including returns like the Chicago IIs that just released.)

That's interesting. I currently work at a clearance store and since Feb. 2020 no shoes have ever been over $99.99 at our store.
Yeah, if it’s a retro Jordan that someone has returned they tear the lid off and slap a $200 sticker on the box.

That's interesting. I currently work at a clearance store and since Feb. 2020 when we moved to the everyday low price/no promos model, no shoes have ever been over $99.99 at our store (including returns like the Chicago IIs that just released.)
Worked there for several years and still have friends there and in MD no shoe is over $99.

Worked there for several years and still have friends there and in MD no shoe is over $99.
Then GRAPEVINE SUCKS!!! Now I’m wondering if the price on the box matters and maybe once they scan they are $99. If so, I’ve missed on some great deals.

My outlet recently stopped doing that to the Jordans and the top releases. They just put them in the back until someone purchases.

That’s my point - and even at the “factory stores” when a shoe is on the hash wall, no discount, and no box top.
It's actually done so you can see the shoes in the box and align with the rest of the clearance (known as hash wall). Thats why to rbk93 rbk93 point some stores stopped bc they changed the way they displaysome of the more coverted online returns (Jordan retros some of the more limited Lebron, etc). Clearance stores don't have the set up to do the one shoe display like other stores (no end cap or shelve units)

It's actually done so you can see the shoes in the box and align with the rest of the clearance (known as hash wall). Thats why to rbk93 rbk93 point some stores stopped bc they changed the way they displaysome of the more coverted online returns (Jordan retros some of the more limited Lebron, etc). Clearance stores don't have the set up to do the one shoe display like other stores (no end cap or shelve units)
Oh, for sure, I know - but if you cut the box or, like I just saw with the Jordan 37 UNDFTD at a factory store - change the box completely - then there should be more than a 20% decrease.

My job has the USA CW for $100 right now. No size 11 though. 😔

Think a 12 would be too big.

Went to a barbershop for the 2nd time and tried a new guy. Halfway through he says "Oh you got the Lebrons, those are clean... you see the purple pair they're coming out with?" And he just became my new barber with that comment.

Went to a barbershop for the 2nd time and tried a new guy. Halfway through he says "Oh you got the Lebrons, those are clean... you see the purple pair they're coming out with?" And he just became my new barber with that comment.
Hope he’s not the same size as you, more competition 😝

Back
Top Bottom