OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The vapor carbon fly…

IMG_3486.gif

Just saying, that week will probably determine whether most Michigan fans will start making travel plans for January 20th.

I hate to break it to you, but Trumpers root for every team, even the USC football Trojans.

However, I love to break it to you that over Michigan's glorious 3-year run to the title, electorally, the state became bluer than its been in our lifetime.

Ask aepps20 aepps20 , he'll tell ya.

Shane Gillis is hilarious. He got this one standup where he's talking about how brave the dude who invented the special Olympics was. He was Talkin about how that initial conversation had to have gone down " you know what man ..we should just race em." I was 💀

Shane Gillis is hilarious. He got this one standup where he's talking about how brave the dude who invented the special Olympics was. He was Talkin about how that initial conversation had to have gone down " you know what man ..we should just race em." I was 💀
Yeah. He’s Taylor swift for white dudes.

For as much as fans talk about NIL and the transfer portal being the death of college football, a lot of fans seem to be ignoring what will really be the end of college football as we know it: private equity money.

These firms do not care about the fans, the schools or the long-term health of the sport. They care about getting a return on their investment at any cost. I hate to sound alarmist but this will not end well.

For as much as fans talk about NIL and the transfer portal being the death of college football, a lot of fans seem to be ignoring what will really be the end of college football as we know it: private equity money.

These firms do not care about the fans, the schools or the long-term health of the sport. They care about getting a return on their investment at any cost. I hate to sound alarmist but this will not end well.

The big 12 is going to do it, get a ton of money the first couple years, and then in 2030 when things are being renegotiated those firms will either liquidate everything attached to the Big12 or the other conferences are going to cut them out to keep the PE firms away.

Who am I kidding, all of these presidents are stupid (see how the other 10 teams handled the end of the pac 12.) They’ll probably see Baylor get a cash injection of money, get greedy, and ruin their athletics departments with PE too.

The big 12 is going to do it, get a ton of money the first couple years, and then in 2030 when things are being renegotiated those firms will either liquidate everything attached to the Big12 or the other conferences are going to cut them out to keep the PE firms away.

Who am I kidding, all of these presidents are stupid (see how the other 10 teams handled the end of the pac 12.) They’ll probably see Baylor get a cash injection of money, get greedy, and ruin their athletics departments with PE too.

Florida State has been flirting with PE money for a while to pay the ACC exit penalty in case they lose the lawsuit (which they will)

There’s also a conversation to be had about provably false accusations and the damage/harm done to the falsely accused, but not posting Josh Pate’s or any of the myriad of manosphere tweets and takes on it.

Back
Top Bottom