OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

You don’t choose your club. Your club chooses you.

292BA97E-8370-4E57-B717-4D4DA98E4012.gif

I get rooting against a rival team’s player on the pitch, but some people take things too seriously and too far.

Having personal hatred towards players while they mostly get along/have respect for each other in real life is something I will never understand (other than clear cases where racism, violence, etc. is involved). How are fans like that more emotionally invested in sports than the players themselves? Must have a simple boring @&$ life to have the time and energy for that :lol:

Example: those Barca fans going allll the way to the training ground located at the outskirts of the city on a Thursday morning, just to yell at Frenkie while he’s driving…how do you even explain that to your friends and family (if they even have any)?
I feel like this about most sports man. I literally hate watching ufc and hearing fans boo fighters. I couldn’t imagine spending my whole life practicing/preparing for a sport. To get in the ring and try my best not to get my head knocked off. All for some fat slob to judge me..

Seeing Barca doing what they do, as a fan is disheartening. Used to be a club of prestige and all these financial gymnastics they're doing, and practically risking the future of the club for the now is wild irresponsible. They should have kept the signings to a bare minimum, like why did we bring Torres? Waste of money.

Should have just let La Masia kids come through, really open the avenue for true youth to come through and find ways to win. Then seeing how they're treating the players, specifically FDJ is disrespectful. Word is they didn't treat Alves situation well either. Just sad to see the state of the club the way it is and as a fan I hope they somehow succeed but then makes me wonder, what happens next off season? Can't keep doing this.

And let me get my Jape burner account fully on, y'all hoping for the downfall of Barca are just jealous haters because the club has made a lot of yours in here look like school children on the pitch, especially y'all PL stans. Let's not forget the Madridstas in here, I hate you all.

There are people who believe that.

“My cLuB cHoSe Me..”

When in reality most of these guys picked their favorite team by playing FIFA when they children.

I think the point is you keep an open mind and watch different clubs, different leagues, use different fifa teams, find different players that interest you, and eventually it just happens. Whether it’s through gaming, watching, or a combo it’s still the same idea. You don’t just decide who you support, you begin getting attached and it just happens.

I remember after “deciding” I’d be a Newcastle fan, in my first online fifa game I catapulted to being ranked in the top 100 on Xbox live with Real Madrid. It was funny because at the time everyone was a ‘Dinho/Barca fan or a CR/Rooney MU fan, and I naively thought I was going against the grain without knowing how big RM were :lol:. At the time I didn’t have Gol tv, but I then started following their results as they closed a 10 point gap with Barca in a historic league comeback in 06/07. And then on the last day of the season in the second half, my fam finally got the Spanish channels working through my cable provider. And my first ever RM goal I watched was a title decider :pimp:

Uh oh. Did I say something wrong?

I think Im leaning towards Chelsea right now for my guy Pulisic. But Im concerned that he’ll leave in a year :lol:

How likely is it that he stays there for a few years?
Dont listen to that Coupe guy.
He is a pretentious douche who has only been watching soccer this decade. Take advice from guys like me who remember the 1994 and 1998 world cups…Pre Messi and Ronaldo days.

If pulisic is your dude then root for Chelsea and then go root for whatever team he plays on next…even if he were to move to a cross town rival…who cares.

I like Messi so Ive rooted for Barca and PSG. According to some on here you cant do that 😂 😭

On this side of the pond I like the LA Galaxy (MLS) and River Plate (Argentina) but i wont waste my time watching them if they are having a bad season or suck.

Sports is entertainment. Dont waste your time watching a bad team/show/movie.

Right now, for me, Liverpool, Manchester City, and PSG are playing some attractive soccer so i would recommend you go check them out. PSG especially plays some beautiful soccer.

Last edited:
Dont listen to that Coupe guy.
He is a pretentious douche lol

If pulisic is your dude then root for Chelsea and then go root for whatever team he plays on next…even if he were to move to a cross town rival…who cares.

I like Messi so Ive rooted for Barca and PSG. According to some on here you cant do that 😂 😭

I like the LA Galaxy (MLS) and River Plate (Argentina) but i wont waste my time watching them if they are having a bad season or suck.

Sports is entertainment. Dont waste your time watching a bad team/show/movie.

Right now, for me, Liverpool, Manchester City, and PSG are playing some attractive soccer so i would recommend you go check them out. PSG especially plays some beautiful soccer.

Shut your “try hard” *** up.

You have 11 favorite teams.

What you said about PSG last year was a disgrace. Parisian people would have slapped the s*** out of you.

You sucker :lol:

Lets see my 11

MLS: LA Galaxy
Liga MX: Pumas UNAM
Guatemala: Communicaciones
Argentina: River Plate
La Liga: Barca
Serie A: Internazionale
Ligue 1: PSG

7 teams

What did i say?
You always mistake me for some other dude 🤣

PSG with arguably the greatest front three this millennium - here you come from the rafters and say

“It’s okay if they don’t win the Champions League, just as long as they try really hard..”

Straight up sucker s***. That was you. I know that was you. We all know it was you.

Parisians made Messi and Neymar well aware of they felt when they lost against RM. They booed and whistle them because they flopped. The time was/is NOW to win.

You don’t get it, you never have.

If you want to root for players that’s fine. That’s literally what I do too. I root for Portuguese players everywhere to succeed because it makes our national team better.

But I don’t become fans of their clubs. I don’t front like I know what their clubs are about. I don’t care. You do.

Plenty of Portuguese players on City and United and I’m still bantering them.

If you told a PSG fan “it’s okay guys, we tried really hard” they would slap you. So don’t act like you know what they’re about. You don’t.

PSG with arguably the greatest front three this millennium - here you come from the rafters and say

“It’s okay if they don’t win the Champions League, just as long as they try really hard..”

Straight up sucker s***. That was you. I know that was you. We all know it was you.

Parisians made Messi and Neymar well aware of they felt when they lost against RM. They booed and whistle them because they flopped. The time was/is NOW to win.

You don’t get it, you never have.
Dude follows me more than Ronaldo and his portuguese players 😂

Last edited:
If you want to root for players that’s fine. That’s literally what I do too. I root for Portuguese players everywhere to succeed because it makes our national team better.

But I don’t become fans of their clubs. I don’t front like I know what their clubs are about. I don’t care. You do.

Plenty of Portuguese players on City and United and I’m still bantering them.

If you told a PSG fan “it’s okay guys, we tried really hard” they would slap you. So don’t act like you know what they’re about. You don’t.
A269B0D8-68BC-4DBB-A90E-5A5507200106.gif

I feel like this about most sports man. I literally hate watching ufc and hearing fans boo fighters. I couldn’t imagine spending my whole life practicing/preparing for a sport. To get in the ring and try my best not to get my head knocked off. All for some fat slob to judge me..
It's definitely happening in a lot of sports... for me, I go on social media see so much bullying and abuse on F1 drivers and tennis players, it's sickening. I feel like these ppl spend way more energy spewing hatred than they do supporting their favs. It's gotten especially bad over the past few years.

It's definitely happening in a lot of sports... for me, I go on social media see so much bullying and abuse on F1 drivers and tennis players, it's sickening. I feel like these ppl spend way more energy spewing hatred than they do supporting their favs. It's gotten especially bad over the past few years.

You guys remember when Lebron basically called these people losers who still have to wake up to their mediocre lives the next day? He put it much more politely than I would’ve :lol:

The only people who got mad at him for saying that are probably the same people who feel entitled to abuse athletes on Twitter/from the stands. And it’s ALWAYS someone with 0 athletic ability who pops off the most

Those people racially abusing the black English players probably can’t even make it onto a recreational team, yet they talk about “I could’ve scored those penalties in front of 100K fans with the weight of an entire country on my shoulders at 19 years old” SURE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom