OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still don't think we played the correct midfield, and they didn't have a strong impact, but the backline and front 3 showed up when it mattered.

Buried the Europa round of 32ists

Poetic scoreline after their fanbase had been parading 0-4 for a year after a meaningless decided league match with Modric playing striker.

benz took the marcos alonso thing personally. :lol:

maybe catalans will finally appreciate frenkie. the midfield was swiss cheese. kessie had the worst match i’ve ever seen from him. i only watched part of the first half but all of the 2nd and it should’ve been worse.

Taps from his right foot to left foot to split the defense

Edit: better resolution toward end

From where the relationship began to now its been an amazing journey watching Vini - Benz grow over time into one of the best combinations in Europe :pimp: :pimp:

Vini's also one of the few in Europes top leagues still keeping that joga bonito alive :smokin

you never see the drop off in sports people seem to expect during Ramadan. consuming most of your calories in a different window doesn’t really matter as long as you’re consistently fed over time.

I thought my Canes had a chance to upset UConn because a few of their key players were fasting. Boy was I wrong :emoji_cry:

They're really trying to throw Lampard fresh off the streets out onto the touchline against Real with Benz in this form??

02-01-2021-03-53-12-abc16.webp

can't remember if it was an amazon doc or wherever but I remember Benz saying he follows Ronnie's body maintenance regiment to those after 30 of losing 1kg of muscle each year for flexibility. I'm recalling this verbatim

Amazon Prime producers are probably kicking themselves for not choosing Chelsea for All Or Nothing on the 22/23 season :lol: :smh:

Amazon Prime producers are probably kicking themselves for not choosing Chelsea for All Or Nothing on the 22/23 season :lol: :smh:
Seriously. I find myself rewatching the Arsenal one often and it’s pretty boring.

I just love hearing Arteta yell :lol:

you never see the drop off in sports people seem to expect during Ramadan. consuming most of your calories in a different window doesn’t really matter as long as you’re consistently fed over time.

I still do think there’s a reason ufc fighters for example elect to not fight during Ramadan and take time to recover after. And also the fact water intake is restricted during fasting hours might complicate stuff. Then you add in that people fasting tend to wake up before sunrise to load up on a meal, causing a sleep disruption. So there might be give and take when it comes to physical effects.

But it’s interesting to see how players in team sports that can’t choose their schedules respond. There might be some level of physical drop off somewhere, but that is being masked or even overcompensated for with not only physical benefits elsewhere but also added spirituality. For someone whose belief is strong enough that as a professional athlete they’re willing to fast, I could imagine they feel these psychological mind over matter type effects. It’s a fascinating snapshot of the possibilities with the human mind and body when you look at athletes like Benz and Hakeem.

1680731842530.png

Last edited:

1680732113823.png

Good to see him repping in retirement. Hope to see the same from Ramos and CR7 in retirement as well. Always good when the greats of the club are connected to it.

Back
Top Bottom