OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of you need to take the time and appreciate what City has done/is doing. Man United spent over a billi in the same period Pep has been there. Not City's fault United spent their billi poorly.

Get off your high horses and show some humility- because these levels have never been seen in the premier league considering their style of play and their points tally year in and year out. They said they wanted a goalie that was brilliant with the ball at their feet- traditionalists laughed; they kept plunging on the fullback position- traditionalists laughed; they won titles without a proper number 9, and are even inverting Center Backs.

We just have to hope that our clubs can level up because City is the benchmark. Cats are about to 3 peat while possibly achieving the treble.
Respect cause it ain't easy!

I don’t know man 🙁

BDA90FE5-A984-45F5-9607-C65BB84F6FD6.jpeg

meh-phil-knight.gif

“Well, I don't love it. But it will grow on me.” —Phil Knight

City takes care of business, no reason they shouldn’t be right back here next year. Squad still has massive depth no team in the world can bring the like of Mahrez, Alvarez & Foden off the bench in a big game.

Only changes I wanna see made to the squad next year is a pacey winger to give us a different element in attack again out wide. As great as I think Laporte is still is we should sell him and should get a good amount for him while we can because Dias, Ake Stones and Akanji have proven to be enough. Get a proper leftback so Ake doesn’t only have to play that role.

Bernardo likely to go too would be smart to move him while we can still get a decent return. He’s given this club a ton I got no problem with him wanting to leave cause he don’t like living in England. I want Gundogan to stay but I understand why the club doesn’t wanna do a multi year deal given his age. Tough situation.

Also move cancelo by any means don’t need him back at all :lol: Amazing player when he’s not throwing fits but when he is…not a coincidence our form started to immediately pick up after he was shipped out on loan.

Cancelo, Laporte, Bernardo could all be sold for a good amount and the squad still be in a good position with a couple moves

There’s also a small part of me that thinks we should make a move for a Rice cause Rodri has “Barca come knocking it’s time to pack my bags” written all over him. No whispers of that yet just a feeling I got.

Last edited:
Guys, I kinda get it.

First World Cup with 3 host, first World Cup with 48 countries. Do yall expect the same statis logo like its 1966 in England. I KINDA get it, Each host city will have its own color scheme and when you put them all together they will have this big colorful logo.

Not excusing FIFA, but they are trying a different marketing scheme.

I just dont think its the end of the world like some folks, and Im a guy that has went to 3 World Cups. So dont think im an outsider

Some of you need to take the time and appreciate what City has done/is doing. Man United spent over a billi in the same period Pep has been there. Not City's fault United spent their billi poorly.

Get off your high horses and show some humility- because these levels have never been seen in the premier league considering their style of play and their points tally year in and year out. They said they wanted a goalie that was brilliant with the ball at their feet- traditionalists laughed; they kept plunging on the fullback position- traditionalists laughed; they won titles without a proper number 9, and are even inverting Center Backs.

We just have to hope that our clubs can level up because City is the benchmark. Cats are about to 3 peat while possibly achieving the treble.

You’re right and I’d love for Liverpool to match their spending, but we’re owned by the same folks who didn’t want to pay Mookie Betts so here we are…

Well DAMN

Deserved for the audacity after Tierney did them the biggest solid not sending Jota like he should have before he scored the winner.

Guys, I kinda get it.

First World Cup with 3 host, first World Cup with 48 countries. Do yall expect the same statis logo like its 1966 in England. I KINDA get it, Each host city will have its own color scheme and when you put them all together they will have this big colorful logo.

Not excusing FIFA, but they are trying a different marketing scheme.

I just dont think its the end of the world like some folks, and Im a guy that has went to 3 World Cups. So dont think im an outsider

Naw man this is inexcusable. I left this out on my desk and someone must have seen it. But after seeing the backlash, glad I'm not taking the fall for this design. Would still like that money from FIFA since I came up with the idea though.

IMG_5039.jpg

This logo is really passing people off :lol:

Every other World Cup logo had a theme due to their country/identity.

How do you make a logo for three countries like that?

You going to stick a Maple Leaf, Stars and Stripes, and an eagle with a snake on the World Cup trophy?

This logo is really passing people off :lol:

Every other World Cup logo had a theme due to their country/identity.

How do you make a logo for three countries like that?

You going to stick a Maple Leaf, Stars and Stripes, and an eagle with a snake on the World Cup trophy?

My only gripe is they legit just placed the real trophy in there. At least digitize it a bit. Wonder how they are going to go about that for merch and sleeve patches for the kits? But also, I have seen some fan concepts of logos with stars and leafs and what not and they have all looked better than this. Again, the main issue for me here is the trophy.

This will all blow over when some horrible mascot is announced.

My only gripe is they legit just placed the real trophy in there. At least digitize it a bit. Wonder how they are going to go about that for merch and sleeve patches for the kits? But also, I have seen some fan concepts of logos with stars and leafs and what not and they have all looked better than this. Again, the main issue for me here is the trophy.

This will all blow over when some horrible mascot is announced.

Post them I’d love to see them.

Japan/Korea '02 did a fine job with that.

Going with literally anything different or unique is better than what they ended up with :lol: :smh:

Fitting though, logos in American sports have become big trash and lazy

Also curious about the last thing you touched on here. Of course USA is gonna get the blame for this, let's not forget even if they did come up with this they got two other bozo countries that signed off on it, let alone FIFA who, let's be real, is probably the mastermind behind this anyways.

Coupé It Coupé It here is just one, albeit not a great one. But you can definitely get a little creative with the trophy and not be too over the top like this is. Even just incorporating the colors of the country throughout the trophy. or something as simple as the second option. Hell I even prefer this third option with the trophy just cut out of the 26. Either way it is what it is, not the end of the world for me at all, just wanted a little more from the trophy portion. There were some great ones on twitter, will post if I come across them again. This topic is currently flooded with takes on the logo instead of other concepts so it's currently hard to filter through.

FwaOHS9WcAA1dqu.jpg

FwbS-hYaMAIAFL-.png

FwZy0FKWAAIDR2z.jpg

Coupé It Coupé It here is just one, albeit not a great one. But you can definitely get a little creative with the trophy and not be too over the top like this is. Even just incorporating the colors of the country throughout the trophy. or something as simple as the second option. Hell I even prefer this third option with the trophy just cut out of the 26. Either way it is what it is, not the end of the world for me at all, just wanted a little more from the trophy portion. There were some great ones on twitter, will post if I come across them again. This topic is currently flooded with takes on the logo instead of other concepts so it's currently hard to filter through.

FwaOHS9WcAA1dqu.jpg

FwbS-hYaMAIAFL-.png

FwZy0FKWAAIDR2z.jpg

Yes exactly, they could've done so much more. You guys need to stop making excuses for that lazy *** design.

Back
Top Bottom