OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Real Madrid does it again

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It started as the “ Poor Man’s Fish”

Cod in general is okay, definitely not the best fish.

BUT aged Salted Cod is great.

Go to Portugal. We have 150 recipes for it. It’s amazing. Trust me.

But that’s not all we have.
It would require some black magic to make cod could but from my experience with Portuguese food, I have some faith that it can be done.

The best fish I've ever had was called "botervis" (butter fish) but it became an endangered species in my childhood. But my god it was good.
As far as other fish, I'm a salmon junkie. Literally every single day at work, I order the same smoked salmon & herbed cream cheese sandwhich from a really good fresh sandwhich shop in our office building. I don't even have to tell the workers my order at this point. I cook salmon for dinner at least once a week too :lol:
Swordfish is really good too but expensive and if anything its taste and especially texture is more like some type of beef. A blind taster would probably guess it's beef.

It would require some black magic to make cod could but from my experience with Portuguese food, I have some faith that it can be done.

The best fish I've ever had was called "botervis" (butter fish) but it became an endangered species in my childhood. But my god it was good.
As far as other fish, I'm a salmon junkie. Literally every single day at work, I order the same smoked salmon & herbed cream cheese sandwhich from a really good fresh sandwhich shop in our office building. I don't even have to tell the workers my order at this point.
Swordfish is really good too but expensive and if anything its taste and especially texture is more like some type of beef. A blind taster would probably guess it's beef.

Just go to Portugal and try these….

I guarantee you’ll change you’re mind…

Belgium Belgium

It’s not all Codfish tho.

Bourdain went to Portugal in his first ever episode for a reason. And one of the last places he visited.

“ Porco Alentejana” is my favorite dish.

Roasted Pork cubes and potatoes, the potatoes seasoned with garlic, white wine, and the roasted pork drippings with piri-piri (hot pepper sauce). And steamed clams mixed with all those juices.

1660681089497.jpeg

(Also the the abundance cheeses, prosciutto, and steak in Portugal is world class.) not to mention the sweets.

Last edited:
this dude got that South American Temperament™️ CBs are about to be drawing him in now

As far as other fish, I'm a salmon junkie. Literally every single day at work, I order the same smoked salmon & herbed cream cheese sandwhich from a really good fresh sandwhich shop in our office building. I don't even have to tell the workers my order at this point. I cook salmon for dinner at least once a week too :lol:
Butterfish(carribean) is nice when steamed or even fried and then brownstewed after.

One more thing.

Belgium Belgium I think the your skepticism of salted cod may come from the fact that in northern Europe, especially the Scandinavian countries (who created salted cod) just boil it or grill it with not much seasoning or heat. That’s why it can be bland.

But mixed with the right foods, seasoning, and side parts jumbled together (like Portugal and many Carribean countries do)….

It can really turn into an amazing dish…

really bummed he's leaving cause he oozes potential, but thankfully we secured a buyback clause and a 22% sell on fee in case we don't bring him back. rangnick called him the biggest defensive talent in all of europe a couple years ago. monchi clearly sees the talent as well so I think he'll develop really nicely in sevilla

Maguire def needed his own category of awful. Like a James Corden tier or something.

Also, perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn’t Maguire decent for Leicester and initially for United as well? Then proceeded to only regress further and further.
I called that bum out when united signed him for that price tag and dudes in here thought I was crazy :smh:

I just threw it as the English tax but I didn’t know it was going to be English tax plus THAT type of a performances week in and week out

Back
Top Bottom