OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tried everything. Peacock is supposed to have it but, naturally, can't find it anywhere in that trash app.

Guess I'm sticking with illegal streams despite paying for all of these ****ing services :stoneface:

NBC Sports app? iPad only tho I think

Anyways re: the game itself. Entertaining and glad to see the 3 Gabi's getting to play together for the national team :pimp:

Chippy is an understatement for how physical things have been. Guimares is probably going to get sent off since he doesn't have refs protecting him here.

This game needs finesse
It use to be finesse
Thanks to prem league players it’s been kick, body check, kick
, sprint, shoot and repeat

DiMaria needs to come in

Argentina went the Bolosnaro route today.

Sad day :smh:

But I feel like they did it because that country is truly a mess.

Inflation is crazy in Argentina. 100-150%.
Unfortunately not enough people learn from history and it takes max pain before they learn to not elect fascists. Except it will still be the libs fault when their inflation spirals into worse and worse territory.

IMG_1548.jpeg

:frown: Still ipad boys

Has anyone ever had any expectations for Rodrygo? I like him as a player but so many other guys catch slander in here week-in-week-out and he gets to be pretty paltry in the production categories for a guy some try to make seem like he is a sure fire 100m forward?

Has anyone ever had any expectations for Rodrygo? I like him as a player but so many other guys catch slander in here week-in-week-out and he gets to be pretty paltry in the production categories for a guy some try to make seem like he is a sure fire 100m forward?
Still seems like he doesnt get any consistency playing any one position. I'll give him his flowers because when he's on his, day he can change a game.

If you see what 100m gets you in todays market, Rodrygo is probably worth that. And RM paid half of that for him. RM fanbase overall were obviously not pleased with his recent goalless run. But the thought was that he just needed one goal to get himself going and to stick by the 22 year old. Fwiw in his most recent La Liga match he had 2 goals, 2 assists, and a 10/10 who scored rating.

One of the issues with his development has been his consistently changing positions. He started really as a LW then was forced to re-train himself into a RW because Vini was better. He also was tried a bit as a 10 and a 9 last season (he is def not a 9) and now is learning a new role as being part of a striker partnership. Whether learning all these different positions will pay off in the long run only time will tell. He also doesn’t really have elite creativity or pace, and is not very strong or have a wide frame to make up for his shorter stature (like an Endrick) so he probably doesn’t have the highest ceiling.

Overall I think he can hang at the top level clubs, but he needs some continuity with a position and is probably best when playing a more secondary role to a superior player, and he does have the intelligence and technical ability to play off the best.

Edit: I also don’t think he’s a 10 like Brazil are trying to make him. Imo he’s at his best when he’s able to face the goal and run at defenders. And on the counterattack.

Last edited:
Argentina elects one bat**** crazy fascist and they start playing like a CONCACAF team :smh:
Argentina went the Bolosnaro route today.

Sad day :smh:

But I feel like they did it because that country is truly a mess.

Inflation is crazy in Argentina. 100-150%.
Unfortunately not enough people learn from history and it takes max pain before they learn to not elect fascists. Except it will still be the libs fault when their inflation spirals into worse and worse territory.

Respectfully, neither of you have a clue about Argentine politics.

I’ll just leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom