OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m glad y’all saw that favoritism we get first-hand. Tried robbing us with a bogus pen too until VAR corrected it.

There’s the part of me that’s glad to not lose to Valencia in the racism bowl. And after being 2 down. But with all the stops including a VAR review in stoppage there was no reason to blow the full time whistle there. Had he waited a half second more even it would have been the epic winner that this match deserved, and a crucial 2 more points closer to the title.

I’m glad y’all saw that favoritism we get first-hand. Tried robbing us with a bogus pen too until VAR corrected it.

There’s the part of me that’s glad to not lose to Valencia in the racism bowl. And after being 2 down. But with all the stops including a VAR review in stoppage there was no reason to blow the full time whistle there. Had he waited a half second more even it would have been the epic winner that this match deserved, and a crucial 2 more points closer to the title.
. Things have a way of working themselves out.

but let’s harp on this one play and not the whole szn of favoritism. let’s not even mention how the president of la liga is openly campaigning and rooting for vardrid lol

shut up. yall playing victim is disgusting

not gonna even mention the whole franco regime thing vardrid tried to push to change history. what a bunch of bs. like all the fake stories flo’s media controlled regime have been pushing

but let’s harp on this one play and not the whole szn of favoritism. let’s not even mention how the president of la liga is openly campaigning and rooting for vardrid lol

1709417803619.jpeg

straight out the maga playbook. wouldn’t expect anything less from the fascist regime. please post some truth.

you can’t

You’re seething due to the cognitive dissonance you’re experiencing with your belief things are fixed for RM. People today see otherwise. The estrogen is emanating out of your pores. You frequently get exposed for being the pathological liar you are. I lost all interest in any good faith discussions with you over this subject some time ago.

Anyways.

The scandal gets deeper. Without VAR to correctly overturn the bogus pen we would have been even more screwed.

not gonna even mention the whole franco regime thing vardrid tried to push to change history. what a bunch of bs. like all the fake stories flo’s media controlled regime have been pushing
What kind of unhinged rant are you on? Trey was speaking in regards to Pool and Tottenham, and somehow you quoting and ranting at him as well :lol:

My grandfather was a lifetime member of San Lorenzo. My dad’s love for the club was passed onto me..

That’s what football ACTUALLY is/was. CLUBS.

Where local members could go and work out in, play any sport, shoot the ****, and be a part of a community.

Which is why Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T were the loudest ones in here when the Super League NFL franchise bull**** almost happened.

I know these big clubs are now businesses. Duh. But there are still thousands of smaller local clubs on the football pyramid (who btw produce a lot of best players in the world) who would have gone bankrupt.

Without smaller clubs football doesn’t get to where it is today. There is no Messi from Rosario. There is no Cristiano from an impoverished Madeira, an island that Portugal neglected for years. There is no Mbappe from Bondy on the outskirts of Paris.

NONE of that happens without smaller clubs. Football would die.

Last edited:
I know those of us who primarily follow the Prem often rightfully complain about bad refereeing, but goddamn La Liga makes our refs look like shining beacons of professionalism :smh::lol:

jape jape
I don’t think we’ve ever really discussed this but what exactly is your take on the Negreira scandal?

I don’t care much for La Liga but I love legal trouble so I’ve been following that Negreira case.
I’ll only be including previously established factual information, no conclusions or accusations or cheating. For example, I am not aware of any evidence proving matchfixing or associated acts. The questions are not about court or po

Question 1:
Do you think there is a charitable explanation for the longtime payments to Negreira (VP of ref committee)?
An example of a charitable explanation would be Barcelona’s defense that these were “consulting fees” for reports on referee behavior, bias etc.

The reason I ask is because “consulting fees” are often used in corrupt schemes in my personal experience. Marking payments as consulting is perfectly normal but “consulting” is a vague term that you allows you a lot of freedom to define it.

Last question:
Do you think it is unreasonable for people to draw a negative inference from this case, based on the available information?

I really struggle to see any charitable explanation for both the purpose and secrecy of the payments.

The level of secrecy strongly implies the select few involved suggest they knew this arrangement at best looked improper.

As for the stated purpose of receiving reports from Negreira, the goal of analysing referee bias based on Negreira’s reports also doesn’t make much sense to me. That again sounds improper, especially with the secretive payment structure, and I assume that Barca in-house or an referee-unaffiliated firm could likely provide such analysis.

Again, I am not aware of any evidence that substantiates accusations ot cheating, matchfixing, …
So this isn’t some sort of disingenuous attack on Barca or anything.

As is bound to happen, I just see a lot of Barca fans defending the Negreira case like it’s all just a witch hunt without any hint of impropriety.

Back
Top Bottom