OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tomori Canadian, what!

Imagine him on Team Canada.
Yea he actually represented Canada at the U-20 level :lol:

He switched over to England when he started breaking through and got named to the Chelsea first team though.

In hindsight, might not have been the best decision for him given Lord Waistcoats unabashed blind favoritism...

Yea he actually represented Canada at the U-20 level :lol:

He switched over to England when he started breaking through and got named to the Chelsea first team though.

In hindsight, might not have been the best decision for him given Lord Waistcoats unabashed blind favoritism...

I noticed you don’t post enough about Canada or these Canadians balling.

When Canada are the best team this hemisphere North of the Panama Canal.

Rep your squad bro!!

You don’t post enough about Canada or these Canadians balling.

When Canada are the best team this hemisphere North of the Panama Canal.
They definitely proved to be the best team in CONCACAF this WC cycle but they're still so young overall that it's hard to put any sort of expectations on them right away.

It's an exciting squad though, the vets like Larin and Hutchinson compliment the young guys really well.

Would be more than happy to see them just be a tough out in the groups and maybe win a match. Got a hard group as it is with Croatia and Belgium :lol:

Either way, achieving qualification this year is only the beginning imo. 2026 at home with a lot of the young guys being in their primes and with a lot more experience is when I'd expect them to make more noise at this level

They definitely proved to be the best team in CONCACAF this WC cycle but they're still so young overall that it's hard to put any sort of expectations on them right away.

It's an exciting squad though, the vets like Larin and Hutchinson compliment the young guys really well.

Would be more than happy to see them just be a tough out in the groups and maybe win a match. Got a hard group as it is with Croatia and Belgium :lol:

Either way, achieving qualification this year is only the beginning imo. 2026 at home with a lot of the young guys being in their primes and with a lot more experience is when I'd expect them to make more noise at this level

I’m not just talking about that.

I’m talking about I have no idea what these Canadian players are doing overseas. How well they’re doing.

Have you seen these USMNT fans updating us with ______ in _______ when they absolutely suck? :lol:

That’s what I mean by repping your squad. I don’t know what’s going on over there but I’d like to. We need some Canadian Footy updates from time to time..

I’m not just talking about that.

I’m talking about I have no idea what these Canadian players are doing overseas. How well they’re doing.

Have you seen these USMNT fans updating us with ______ in _______ when they absolutely suck? :lol:

That’s what I mean by repping your squad. I don’t know what’s going on over there but I’d like to. We need some Canadian Footy updates from time to time..
Yea a lot of the squad play in MLS but most of the stars are in Europe.

Tajon Buchanan was a beast during WCQ but he's been out injured since the summer for Brugge so he hasn't played much recently but he's been I the squad for the warm up games before Qatar so he should be fit by then.

Larin also joined Brugge over the summer window so there's that continuity at club and country for them.

Probably the most exciting player that not too many know about though is Ismael Kone from the Impact/CF MTL. He's a 20 y/o box to box MF from Montreal by way of Ivory Coast but he's become of the better prospects in NA.

He had real interest in England over the summer and has all the attributes to become a real solid player. Gonna be one to watch for Canada in the future.

Gonna try to plug them in more often

Tomori deserves a whole bunch of credit too. Not many Englanders succeed overseas.

Went to Milan where he didn’t know a lick of any kind of Latin language, went into a whole different culture, and helped them win a title.

He bet on himself and won.
Like sonoftony sonoftony said, he's already got the trust and respect of Paolo ****ing Maldini but his NT manager doesn't rate him because he's overseas :lol: >D

I hope he stays in Milan and they pay him too.

F going back to England.

Chelsea and England basically kicked him out.

Tomori putting in the effort too. His Italian is coming along. I remember seeing this classic video when AC Milan won :lol:

Zlatan calaled on him second after Leão. That says a lot.

Tomori deserves a whole bunch of credit too. Not many Englanders succeed overseas.

Went to Milan where he didn’t know a lick of any kind of Latin language, went into a whole different culture, and helped them win a title.

Like sonoftony sonoftony said, he's already got the trust and respect of Paolo ****ing Maldini but his NT manager doesn't rate him because he's overseas :lol: >D

I hope he stays in Milan and they pay him too.

F going back to England.

Chelsea and England basically kicked him out.

Absolutely love players that got that dog in them. He would succeed in life anywhere, on or off the pitch b/c of that hunger.

I think if you have less than 10 appearances for a Country you should be able to switch allegiances.

Fati, Tomori, etc should be allowed to leave.

Welp. Araujo is gonna get surgery and miss the World Cup. Big blow for Barca and def Uruguay. Even worse he got injured in the first minute of the game.

Southgate axed him because Tomori gained those bonus attribute points in Latin temperament:smh: doesn’t want to scare off Maguire into fumbling again

17th manager since 2012...one less manager than West Ham have ever had in their history :lol:

Last edited:

:rofl: @ that cowardly and meek approach being called 'creative minimalism'.

They used to grind out results in an ugly manner when they were doing their best under Southgate, now recently they're not winning or scoring at all so what's the point really now?

Southgate axed him because Tomori gained those bonus attribute points in Latin temperament:smh: doesn’t want to scare off Maguire into fumbling again

Bruh

1664212633167.gif

Back
Top Bottom