OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Real Madrid does it again

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like Bellingham will be the new seemingly never-ending RM transfer saga :lol:. Him along with Cama, Tchouameni, and Valverde all seem built for the CL with their physical and technical profile. I wouldn’t be surprised if his fee gets English taxed to 130-150m.

The Mbappe oil bag is strong in here this morning. He's not the best on his team at this moment. Neymar and Messi are playing better football. They have to scale themselves back to make him shine :lol:

They have a champions league. He doesn't. They have won in multiple leagues, he hasn't. I'm not saying he isn't top talent, but come on. Let's be realistic and impartial for once. The dude has his moments where he disappears.

Football is a team sport and the objective shouldn't be, just give Kylian the ball and we'll win. That's what they did against Madrid and forgot everything else outside of that and allowed Madrid to make the comeback.
Yea he's the big dog now but acting like Neymar has been a total failure and not one of the most most productive players in the world since he joined them is funny :lol:

20220930_134111.jpg

179 G+A in 155 appearances in all comps too.

They haven't won't the biggest prize yet but it hasn't been for a lack of effort or for a lack of performance from Neymar. Mbappe's also been in the same side with him for every season but his debut so they're both equally responsible for their fortunes.

Messi and Neymar have also been more than willing to be the sidekicks for him too especially recently for the good of the team, which is already big since they're 2 of the greatest of the modern era, but Mbappe has yet to show the same willingness to defer when it's the best option more often than not.

There's enough blame to go around without putting it all at the feet of one of them.

Lucky for both though, even with all the drama on and off the pitch, this is probably the most balanced side they've played in together and they have a quality tactician at the helm who looks capable of getting the best out of that trio. Think this is as good a chance as they'll ever get to bring home that first European crown if everyone is on the same page.

Neymar's beastly form to start the season and Messi looking like Messi again should be taken as a good omen for dude rather than them taking any sort of shine/spotlight away from him. Having them at the top of their powers will only benefit him individually and it has so far...

I generally agree with this sentiment until it comes to supporting evangelical fascists. Bolsenaro, Trump, Putin, Meloni, etc they can all get ****ed. And the player support of these extremists, not being inconsequential, should always be called out. Being impartial, Gabi Jesus can get ****ed too for his support for Bolsenaro; same way Geoff Cameron can go **** himself for his Trump support.
Trump isn’t evangelical and neither is Putin. Trump doesn't even know how to hold a Bible and when asked what was his favorite passage, he said he likes everything. I don't trust most politicians on either end of the spectrum. Many of then are frauds. I highly suggest you start looking at it from that viewpoint as well.

Trump isn’t evangelical and neither is Putin. Trump doesn't even know how to hold a Bible and when asked what was his favorite passage, he said he likes everything. I don't trust most politicians on either end of the spectrum. Many of then are frauds. I highly suggest you start looking at it from that viewpoint as well.
Correct, we agree for sure on a lot. But these fascists play to that religious base using the language and rhetoric thats proven appealing to them. These strongman politicians are the most ungodly type of people on this earth. But these evangelical "holier than thou" crowds process these frauds' words like its the Bible itself. Lots of reasons and I'm not blaming the people outright (some exceptions apply), but at some point the support of these extremists politicians can't be ignored. And ill give the left the same kind of energy the day the left politicians start acting like the right.

I get that both sides of politics ultimately fail to serve the people, and racial politics in Latin America are complicated, but it’s sad that so many black men (or even if they don’t identify as black, clearly have African blood) openly supporting Bolsonaro.

It would be one thing if he he was just a homophobic racist, but he’s also been horrible for the country on pretty much every level.

Curious if there is a single player on the national team who has come out in support of Lula.s

Lula will win. He doesn’t need support..

It’s whether Bolsonaro is going to allow him to win. This has been known for months now.

That’s what makes Neymar’s choice that much more controversial. It’s not the fact he’s supporting Bolsonaro. It’s the fact he’s doing it publicly to man who might not give up power.

The people are already on edge. To have Neymar FC join the party doesn’t help.

I’m not putting it past Neymar to continue to side with Bolsonaro if Bolsonaro ends up taking over the Government with the military. Nope.

He’ll say some s*** like “this is divine Christian intervention”. And a Neymar will be on board.

I get how big a lead Lula has and everything, I'm just more interested in the psyche of these athletes who come generally come from impoverished favela's and then seemingly are very comfortable embracing poltics that leave the places they're from further and further behind.

I know Ronaldhino, Gabby, Neymar, Moura have all been vocal supporters of Bolsonaro, that's why I was just curious if there is any Brazilian footballer on the opposite side of the spectrum. More just asking a question.

giphy.webp

I genuinely despise that man :lol: :smh:

He was literally ****ting on Martinez a few weeks ago after dropping MOTM performances in big matches yet making out ****ing slabhead to be a martyr :rofl:

That's what we mean when we say there hasn't been a more protected player by the press in recent memory than this guy.

Got the steadfast backing of the media and pundits no matter form or performance while they continuously slaughter and pile on/deride his much better teammates, and especially the foreign ones, without second thought or remorse at the same time...

I get how big a lead Lula has and everything, I'm just more interested in the psyche of these athletes who come generally come from impoverished favela's and then seemingly are very comfortable embracing poltics that leave the places they're from further and further behind.

I know Ronaldhino, Gabby, Neymar, Moura have all been vocal supporters of Bolsonaro, that's why I was just curious if there is any Brazilian footballer on the opposite side of the spectrum. More just asking a question.
Richarlison is probably the most vocal in support of leftist policies, for active players. Shame he plays for ****.

giphy.webp

I genuinely despise that man :lol: :smh:

He was literally ****ting on Martinez a few weeks ago after dropping MOTM performances in big matches yet making out ****ing slabhead to be a martyr :rofl:

That's what we mean when we say there hasn't been a more protected player by the press in recent memory than this guy.

Got the steadfast backing of the media and pundits no matter form or performance while they continuously slaughter and pile on/deride his much better teammates, and especially the foreign ones, without second thought or remorse at the same time...

Souness sees himself in Harry if you know what I mean

Religious far right is huge in Brazil and extremely diverse.

Musiala is gonna be a problem for a long time man...

Thought Germany would be an easy out again in Qatar but he adds an added dimension to that XI when he plays that makes them potentially dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom