OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Real Madrid does it again

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well damn….. :lol:

You’ve taken the “Ronaldo wants to leave” news incredibly hard. :lol:
Putting a cloud over a summer rebuild under a new manager was kinda trash though, the fact that it's backfired so thoroughly has been something to see. The Chelsea stuff was a slap in the face :lol: >D, Tuchel is a smart manager though so not surprised he's overruling their new owner.

He'll be forced into a marriage of convenience now if he wants anyone to take a serious look at him next summer

Putting a cloud over a summer rebuild under a new manager was kinda trash though, the fact that it's backfired so thoroughly has been something to see. The Chelsea stuff was a slap in the face :lol: >D, Tuchel is a smart manager though so not surprised he's overruling their new owner.

He'll be forced into a marriage of convenience now if he wants anyone to take a look at him next summer

You can count Bayern off all you like.

But if Lewa leaves….There is a real chance it might happen.

Kahn was posturing in that interview because he needs to keep Lewa happy.

They’re not going to come out here and say “yes, we’ll take Ronaldo!!” publicly to further piss off Lewa.

You can count Bayern off all you like.

But if Lewa leaves….There is a real threat there.

Kahn was posturing in that interview because he needs to keep Lewa happy.

They’re not going to come out here and say “yes, we’ll take Ronaldo!!” publicly to further piss off Lewa.
Their CEO said the same thing about not fitting their philosophy too, signing a 37 year old to break their wage structure is the least Bayern move they'd make. It's been said that Nagelsmann wouldn't be against it but their board aren't interested.

They're more likely gonna try to find the next Lewa rather than take a short term gamble on Ron imo. They already signed Mane who's older than their usual profile, can't see a double dip. I'd expect them to realistically go after someone like Schick or Nkunku instead if Barca finally end up paying up.

Their CEO said the same thing about not fitting their philosophy too, signing a 37 year old to break their wage structure is the least Bayern move they'd make. It's been said that Nagelsmann wouldn't be against it but their board aren't interested.

They're more likely gonna try to find the next Lewa rather than take a short term gamble on Ron imo. They already signed Mane who's older than their usual profile, can't see a double dip. I'd expect them to realistically go after someone like Schick or Nkunku instead if Barca finally end up paying up.

Bayern can do BOTH. Find their next future striker while signing Ronaldo to a one year deal. Any future Lewa replacement won’t match his goals. Ronaldo would, it’d be the perfect stop gap.

Don’t forget. Bayern care about WINNING first and foremost. Ronaldo can help them do that immediately.

I feel you Zach, especially if your main competition is loading up on attackers, you gotta have more fire power.

Bayern can do BOTH. Find their next future striker while signing Ronaldo to a one year deal. Any Lewa replacement won’t match his goals.Ronaldo would be a perfect stop gap.

Don’t forget. Bayern care about WINNING first and foremost. Ronaldo can help them do that immediately.
I dunno man, that'd be a lot more money than they typically have on the books wage wise :lol:

Don't forget they're trying to sign De Ligt too who's probably gonna cost at least 80m on big money. Can't see them signing Ron, a prolific young forward AND De Ligt in the same window...

Maybe if they have other big sales besides Lewa but it looks like they're working hard on resigning Gnabry and there's no other real outgoing talk rn.

Don't think they would've ruled themselves out so early if they had real interest in him tbh, they could've simply played coy or said no comment.

I see Bayern going after Oismhen or someone else before signing Ronaldo
Think Schick is their guy lined up. RB already don't wanna continue to strengthen them and are refusing to sell them Laimer, can't see them giving them their best player in Nkunku

bayern going for ronaldo...
i'd take that bet he won't end up there. no one wants ronaldo unless he is willing to take a huge paycut.
and there's no turning back for lewa. it's not about keeping him happy. he's done. he went public and the germans are sending his family death threats.

I dunno man, that'd be a lot more money than they typically have on the books wage wise :lol:

Don't forget they're trying to sign De Ligt too who's probably gonna cost at least 80m on big money. Can't see them signing Ron, a prolific young forward AND De Ligt in the same window...

Maybe if they have other big sales besides Lewa but it looks like they're working hard on resigning Gnabry and there's no other real outgoing talk rn.

Don't think they would've ruled themselves out so early if they had real interest in him tbh, they could've simply played coy or said no comment.

Ronaldo thru reliable sources has said he’s willing to take a big pay cut to play for a contender. I actually @‘d you those tweets during your hiatus.

And okay - let’s talk money. If Ronaldo goes to Bayern you don’t think Bayern and the Bundesliga would profit off if that?

There will be kids in igloos waking up to watch the Bundesliga for the first time ever - while ordering their second Bayern Ronaldo kit.

Ronaldo thru reliable sources has said he’s willing to take a big pay cut to play for a contender. I actually @ you those tweets during your hiatus.

And okay, let’s talk money. If Ronaldo goes to Bayern you don’t think Bayern and the Bundesliga would profit off if that?

There will be kids in igloos waking up to watch the Bundesliga for the first time ever - while ordering their second Bayern Ronaldo kit.
It'd be a boon for the league and Bayern commercially 100%. Bayern isn't Manchester United™ though :lol:

They've got serious football people in charge of their affairs and they hardly ever go away from their way of doing things. Signing Ron would signal a big shift away from the way they typically do business recruitment wise and they're one of the few big clubs who still put footy considerations above commercial interest and that has yet to hurt them either.

Just don't think they'd be so adamant publicly about not being interested if they had him in their plans as a Lewa replacement tbh.

No matter how much Mendes begs them and how much Ron personally would love it (scoring a billion goals in Germany while contending for another CL), the decision is still on them and nothing I know about them as a club makes me think they'd sign up for it.

Could be wrong though and there's a lot of time left in the window but right now don't see it.

At this point I don't know who would want to stay after all that, first they've been trying to defer his wages and not pay what he's owed rn until sometime in the future all while still trying to splurge in the market and sign other players on big money then now they're straight telling him to **** off :lol:

I'd be fed up tbh and apparently his agent is. FWIW all the reliable UK journo's have been saying that the club's repeatedly gotten assurances that he'd be willing to move and link up with ETH again. Don't think they'd ever be in this deep otherwise
man still wants to stay at barca. i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up taking a paycut in the end.
apparently barca are waiting for chelsea's official bid too.

frenkie just got engaged, just bought a brand new house in barcelona, and his wife has some fashion business/aspirations in barcelona. it's a tough situation. no one in barca really wants him to leave but the contract bartomeu signed him on is not feasible for the club especially when demebele just took a 40% paycut and you have lewa bending over backwards to get there.

bayern going for ronaldo...
i'd take that bet he won't end up there. no one wants ronaldo unless he is willing to take a huge paycut.
and there's no turning back for lewa. it's not about keeping him happy. he's done. he went public and the germans are sending his family death threats.
Lewa's def gone, his fam has been looking at homes in Barca and it's been looking awkward as hell in training pics after he showed up :lol:

It's just up to how much Bayern can squeeze out of you guys rn. Still would be surprised if they went for Ron after

also, bayern just agreed to reup serge gnarby.

Could be wrong though and there's a lot of time left in the window but right now don't see it.

Well I agree there. This all hinges whether Lewandowski stays or not.

Just don’t be surprised if happens.

Former Bayern legends who are now pundits have said Bayern should do it if Lewa leaves.

Yea been no way are they signing all these players without big sales :lol:

Apparently Memphis is on the transfer block too.

I don't get their strategy though, why sign Obama and Torres in January if they were gonna go this hard for Lewa and Raphinha and resign Dembele in the summer?

Xavi also wants Bernardo Silva

barca had a bit of momentum with xavi coming on, thus the jan transfers

playing checkers when they used to play chess
i mean, at least they are still putting ridiculous buyout clauses on their signings >D

Back
Top Bottom