OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not all about goals and assist my guy, if you exclusively use stats you strip away a lot of nuance and context. Just looking at the numbers to say Pulisic showed little at Dortmund is very misleading.

Sancho scored and assisted a lot more in every season that he played for Dortmund than Dembele did in his 19yo season with the club, but Dembele showed considerably more talent and ability week-to-week.

Besides, aren't you literally making the point that Sancho IS actually the bigger bust between the two?
I actually watched Dortmund regularly in Sancho's last couple seasons there, they were really fun to watch back then. I actually started regularly watching them when I packed Dembele's One To Watch card (for moving to Dortmund) on a previous Fifa.
The stats add up with the talent I saw on display on the pitch.
I saw Pulisic too of course, albeit less, and he performed better than his numbers would suggest but there was a pretty clear disparity between the quality they displayed on the pitch.

I think Sancho is vastly more talented than Pulisic and I will stand by that take. Pulisic is a decent/good player, especially for his country, but I think Dortmund rinsed Chelsea far worse with the Pulisic deal than they did with United for Sancho.

Mayhem in Melbourne, clocking someone with a bin.

The keeper didn't help the situation either chucking a flare back into a already charged up crowd in a local derby.

Last edited:
Southgate staying up is good for the FA and the team. He's a great scapegoat when the team achieves nothing in the Euros.

The reality is Southgate is a small portion of the issue. The team's quality is continuously overhyped. Several Pundits continue to say Southgate isn't the man for the job but I've only see a one or two saying the quality of the team is not up to par. England fans have no issue calling the current Spain and German squad poor but will consider the England NT as world beaters.

And then didn’t call anyone up in his place.

Can’t believe I gotta decide between rooting for dictator deschamps and mpaypal vs messi today :smh:

It’s still f Barca tho and France has RM players whereas Argentina doesn’t

Back
Top Bottom