OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America starting soon

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to think common sense was common but as I get older I realize the masses are stupid. Case in point, fans that buy tickets religiously and wonder why their team is trash.

These owners don't care about on field performance. Modern sport is a business. They look at financial spreadsheets.

Stop buying tickets to games if you want your team to become a better product. That's how United has become this joke of a club. People like Mctominay and Rashford can not play at a high level. They should be at your Aston Vilas and Evertons.

That’s not enough….

Don’t buy kits, apparel, don’t watch games….

If half of United fans in the world did that for one month - Glazers would sell.

Glad the Arnautovic talk is dead, would've been a disgrace especially with all the young forwards that would be better fits.

The Gakpo links are interesting, seems a hell of a prospect. Can play winger but everyone earmarks him as a CF in the future.

Also warmer to a move for SMS than Rabiot, him and getting in an actual DM like Guido Rodriguez would be big upgrades on the current midfield.

Think with United a big part of the problem has been culture of management and players, and Rabiot does nothing to help that. He’s just not a dude I envision caring about playing and winning for the club.

Don't know why he'd leave to be a backup? Apparently Spurs are also interested

Pep needs to be investigated for helping those guys man :lol:

The 'lever' stuff being normalized this window has been crazy to see when that's always been considered as an absolute last resort option for clubs. They been pulling them down with little resistance like Homer to help with their splurging

The 'lever' stuff being normalized this window has been crazy to see when that's always been considered as an absolute last resort option for clubs. They been pulling them down with little resistance like Homer to help with their splurging

What I’m wondering is how successful they have to be and how soon to make this gamble worthwhile. Like what happens in the off chance they don’t make top 4 in la Liga? Or what if they don’t make it out of the group stage in the Champions League? What happens then?

On one hand, Rabiot is the type of signing that that ensure while they may have a new manager in charge, the culture of the team is still just as clueless as ever.

On the other hand, bottoming out and being bad is probably the best way to force a real change (Glazers selling).

What I’m wondering is how successful they have to be and how soon to make this gamble worthwhile. Like what happens in the off chance they don’t make top 4 in la Liga? Or what if they don’t make it out of the group stage in the Champions League? What happens then?
Agreed but I do think people are underestimating in all of this how good they’re squad is right now.

They’re the most talented attacking team in the world right now imo. Just loads of options and super talented players up front.

I think they’ll win the league this year and be a serious threat for Champions, more so than they’ve been in years.

Agreed but I do think people are underestimating in all of this how good they’re squad is right now.

They’re the most talented attacking team in the world right now imo. Just loads of options and super talented players up front.

I think they’ll win the league this year and be a serious threat for Champions, more so than they’ve been in years.

I’m not underestimating the amount of talent they have. I myself called them a dark horse for the UCL, and this was before the Bernardo Silva noise. That said, it can take time for the team to gel with all these new signings.

All those moves are being pushed with the expectation that they'll compete immediately for top honors, gotta think it'd be catastrophic for their long term financial health if things went south given how much of that they're sacrificing already for the potential short term gains.

We better not sell Bernardo for no damn 50

This

At this point since Barca are basically just using monopoly money might as well get $80+

But yeah the Barca roster (as of now) is scary good if healthy. Lewa + Auba + Memphis. Add a healthy Fati, Dembele and Raphina + Ferran. Even if some of them leave you still have some assortment of Pedri, FDJ, Kessie, Gavi.

I get it coming from Madrid (even though they activated levers in the past) cause they didn't sell their club off to some randomn billionaire.
But all these clubs who sold their whole club to some rando aren't really in a position to talk. Your club is owned by some randomn Americans who don't even watch footy but want to look down at Barca's dealings. It's ironic as hell especially when you look at the position yall are in.

And to be really real, United could really use like 10 levers right now.

Back
Top Bottom