OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me, that's just a lazy narrative to mock Arsenal/Arteta.
Big picture, looking at both clubs, I know which trajectory I'd rather have.
I don’t necessarily believe in the “trophies are all that matters” mentality because progress as a team def matters as well. But still. The worst ever United team still picking up trophies sucks to see :smh:

It's got to a stage where "big clubs" fans in England only see the Premier League and Champions League as worth winning and half of them are incapable of competing or qualifying for it, never mind winning the ****ing things.

I've seen arguments today about if Arsenal or United had a better season? As if it's a serious question. Trophy's go down in history, Arsenal ain't writing "we finished 2 points behind Man City" on their honours board.

It's a major trophy, an iconic, historical one at that. Winning it in 2021 was unbelievable. I said at the time it felt better than winning the prem.

I know. It’s important and has history. I get that.

But I still don’t think it’s important to the “big clubs”.

United still might fire ETH, this doesn’t mean much to them.

And IMO Arsenal still have had the better season. The big clubs play a different game. They play with different rules.

I mean I don’t really care about our cup anymore either.

I much rather Porto go deeper in the Champions League along with winning the league.

Times have changed. That’s how it is. Agree to disagree tho. It’s cool.

We’re such a massive club that we can have the worst season we’ve had in my lifetime and still finish with more trophies than Arsenal.

Young core starting to form like Voltron. Scary hours next campaign.

Would have been crazy if Martinez joined arsenal like he almost did. He’s a problem. Our back line would be stupid

I don't doubt it's importance to the British people and even though it doesn't hold the same emotional value to me, it was the first trophy I saw City win. It's great seeing the smaller clubs upset the big ones.

Yea for smaller clubs it’s huge.

They put their full teams out there and try to beat you. It’s great for them.

xavi deserves another year but i didn’t like xavi’s attitude or temperament towards the end. the job really did a number to him. became very cynical and negative. still, there’s def more to the story cause xavi told everyone he was gone so barca def negotiated with flick at that time.

but still hats off to a good manager who the players love. got a couple of well deserved trophies featuring children against one of the strongest madrid sides i’ve seen in a while.
the half szn he inherited barca when they were in 9th place and turned them in to la liga champs the following year. wild to see that araujo’s red ultimately ended xavi’s stint though. there’s a lot of barca players that can thank him for their career.

not sure about flick. he was great at bayern but that squad was complete. we’ll see how he can work with youngsters. but xavi is still the best man for the job at this time in my eyes. madrid have a ridiculous squad we need someone who can build a foundation based off all the youth talent

Pep had hair when he started managing Barca

I know. It’s important and has history. I get that.

But I still don’t think it’s important to the “big clubs”.

United still might fire ETH, this doesn’t mean much to them.

And IMO Arsenal still have had the better season. The big clubs play a different game. They play with different rules.
I get what you’re saying but you got 8 teams playing a full season for what.. one trophy only? I think the other cups have become more important as we’ve seen the top 4 become the big 6, to now the bigger 8…. I’ll give it to you though. Last season you was in here ****ting on the league cup (didn’t say anything negative when pool won it this year).. no ****ting on the FA cup.. I see you

Last edited:
I get what you’re saying but you got 8 teams playing a full season for what.. one trophy only? I think the other cups have become more important as we’ve seen the top 4 become the big 6, to now the bigger 8…. I’ll give it to you though. Last season you was in here ****ting on the league cup (didn’t say anything negative when pool won it this year).. no ****ting on the FA cup.. I see you

League cup has to be the biggest joke out of all of them.

They need to abolish it and give the players the rest instead.

Never will tho.

I don’t necessarily believe in the “trophies are all that matters” mentality because progress as a team def matters as well. But still. The worst ever United team still picking up trophies sucks to see :smh:
Surely almost any Arsenal fan would take your trajectory over United's season.
Y'all got to enjoy good football throughout damn near the entirety of the season. United fans got to see an occasional flash of good/great football but mostly suffered through awful football.

Probably a little biased in that trophy vs weekly performances debate as a Spurs fan for obvious reasons but periods of bad performances tend to stick in my mind.
Looking back at our run to the CL final vs Liverpool in 2019, we were excruciatingly dog**** in the league since February. If the CL wasn't going so well, Poch wouldn't have made it to the end of that season. It was that bad.

Back
Top Bottom