OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Wonder if Camavinga snatches that open 14 now, or if he's been permanently registered w/ La Liga for the season wearing Marcelo's old 12.

Gracías Campeón
F0F142A8-81AA-4879-9BFE-E050A6407677.jpeg

Wonder if Camavinga snatches that open 14 now, or if he's been permanently registered w/ La Liga for the season wearing Marcelo's old 12.
If he’s played any minutes at the start of the regular season then he’s stuck with that number. If not there’s still time.

One paragraph caught my eyes
In the long-term, Chelsea's new owners want to change the recruitment model to something similar to Liverpool's. That includes adopting a more data-led approach. Chelsea used (and as importantly stored) football data sparsely under Abramovich compared to their rivals and sources tell CBS Sports that the new owners are surprised by just how little they have inherited.

That sounds right

On the Auba news
"Otherwise they could walk away"
giphy.gif

@swerve d3si d3si hit up Jorge Mendes man.

Definitely

Just need a great meal then

Case and Fred have been running it back for Brazil's midfield of late. I know Fred gets ragged on a lot by United supporters, but he's an able footballer and I think his productivity goes up placed next to Case.

McTom to the bench, reserves, and youthteam.

Fred was one of the players who actually played well last season. He has been often asked to play the role that Casemiro is coming in to play. He doesn’t have the physicality, technical ability or discipline to play in that role. This signing should allow him to play further forward as one of the 8s with Eriksen. That role would better suit what he is good at, pressuring the ball, making runs forward. Mctominay should be done as a starter now as the only thing he brought to the team was his height and physicality, Casemiro has that and then some in his locker so hopefully Mctominay will be a rotational player and sold eventually.

Congrats United fans. You got yourselves a beast who makes players around him better and rises in big matches.

He could actually move things in the club in the right direction. Varane and Sancho aren’t leaders, CR seems like he’s on his own island up top literally and figuratively. But we’ll see, since Cas can also get pressed if the pieces around him don’t make themselves available to receive the ball.

All that said, thank you to the man who showed RM is at its best with a DM holding it down and was the glue for 4 CL titles. And somehow was an expert on getting away with murder :lol:. Word is that as he departs to Manchester Messi is still in his pocket.

As thankful as we are for his service, today is definitely a sad day for Madridistas. Losing not only the best DM in the world in his prime, but a consummate highly driven professional that has a ton of character and is beloved. I hope he succeeds, and has a similar impact in MU when it comes to winning that he had at RM.

The craziest part of all this to me is that ManU is trying their damnest to get Casemiro to play against Liverpool this weekend.

Was crying out for a DM for years and somehow messed around and got arguably the best in the world and one of the best ever :lol:

Doesn't change much in terms of the structural ****show that is the club and the fact that a change is still badly needed right at the top but at least it'll help on the pitch big time.

Teams aren't gonna be able to walk right through the midfield with little resistance week in and week out with a Casemiro in there.

Which is why I saw don't expect much from Casemiro. Playing with that United team will make him hand in a transfer request by end of season.

Back
Top Bottom