OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don’t think they’re firing him.

But I also know nothing about ineos. I don’t know about this “new” United.

Who’s coming in?
CEO- Berrada (Man City) , DOF-Ashworth (new Castle), Tech Director-Wilcox (South Hampton). Obvious could still go **** up, but on paper some great recruitment. Apparently they also wanna add a couple pieces to both fitness area and recruitment.

BIG job ahead for all of them.. I dont expect them to turn the ship instantly, but this season is over for me.. i'm gonna still watch cuz I'm a loyal masochist BUT... i'm more interested to see what happens after...

in terms of replacing ETH.. who is available? My choice, gun to head, would be Nagelsman but hes got the Euros this summer...

CEO- Berrada (Man City) , DOF-Ashworth (new Castle), Tech Director-Wilcox (South Hampton). Obvious could still go **** up, but on paper some great recruitment. Apparently they also wanna add a couple pieces to both fitness area and recruitment.

BIG job ahead for all of them.. I dont expect them to turn the ship instantly, but this season is over for me.. i'm gonna still watch cuz I'm a loyal masochist BUT... i'm more interested to see what happens after...

in terms of replacing ETH.. who is available? My choice, gun to head, would be Nagelsman but hes got the Euros this summer...

Yea there’s really not a lot of upcoming young managers on the market. Maybe De Zerbi?

You guys are another team that almost went for Amorim two years ago. I remember those rumors coming out of Portugal.

I don’t think he would have been ready yet tho. He’s in the better place now to go to the EPL.

Can't imagine those that actually had a wager on Utd to win, would have gone absolutely ballistic.

Separately something is up with Utd's medical team, defenders constantly injured and daft enough to advice ETH he can last the season with Shaw and Malacia and end the Reguilon loan.

Not quite sure of your question but I think they both were terrible calls...

Ah understandable

Really, it's nothing news. There were many bad calls against Chelsea but I never call out for it. I always thought we should have done better.. Fellow fans felt the same thing. I am sure players probably thought the same thing

I think two or three years ago, Neville just confessed your club was often favored by referees for many years because of Ferguson. Former PL referees confirmed it was true. Basically, no one is gonna feel sorry for United fans now

They definitely were soft penalties. Especially the Cucurella one.

But both these teams are equally pathetic.

I’d get rid of Poch too.

I think the club isn't too high on Poch either. They offered him a short term contract

I figure the club just wanted somebody who has PL experiences and knows how to deal with a young squad in London for a short time

I think the club isn't too high on Poch either. They offered him a short term contract

I figure the club just wanted somebody who has PL experiences and knows how to deal with a young squad in London for a short time

He’s gotta go. Maybe you guys go after De Zerbi too.

Chelsea I have way more faith in firing the manager even with the change of ownership.

Ah understandable

Really, it's nothing news. There were many bad calls against Chelsea but I never call out for it. I always thought we should have done better.. Fellow fans felt the same thing. I am sure players probably thought the same thing

I think two or three years ago, Neville just confessed your club was often favored by referees for many years because of Ferguson. Former PL referees confirmed it was true. Basically, no one is gonna feel sorry for United fans now
Maybe... but in a time with VAR there is no excuse to not get the calls right.. not really interested in any narrative that relies on the past to justify the current.

Ah understandable

He said no such thing but I'll own being wrong if you find quotes :lol:

I know that he's talked about Fergie using mind games with refs over the years (i.e. looking at his watch or shedding light on something he wants them to look out for before the match during the week Phil Jackson or Jurgen Klopp style) but he never claimed favoritism/bias from the refs on his or the clubs behalf once.

He's pushed back against that notion a lot actually which says a lot because he goes out of his way to provide 'balance' as a pundit and is usually the loudest voice criticizing the club :lol:

He’s gotta go. Maybe you guys go after De Zerbi too.

Chelsea I have way more faith in firing the manager even with the change of ownership.

Is he that really good? The Brighton squad was so sharp when he took over the squad. I don't really watch Brighton games

Maybe... but in a time with VAR there is no excuse to not get the calls right.. not really interested in any narrative that relies on the past to justify the current.

Agreed. Unfortunately, officials play favoritism. Games will always be rigging somehow

Word. Do not dwell in the past

Is he that really good? The Brighton squad was so sharp when he took over the squad. I don't really watch Brighton games

I really don’t know if he’s that good. I don’t watch Brighton.

You guys know more about Brighton than I do.

Isn’t he the young new coach with potential in the EPL that teams want? He always gets brought up.

Last edited:
Well, you ain't kidding about the Brighton part

It annoys me that the ownership has an OCD with Brighton or something :smh:

The good thing is that I am not a sporting director then. Because I'd have hired Mourinho back immediately :lol:

Really, I just want what's best for Chelsea

I have a feeling Potter is INEOS guy. Wouldn’t be my number one pick, but I think judging him from the Chelsea stint with everything that happened before and after there, we can see that wasn’t his fault.

Missing Europe completely so we only have to play once a week is probably ideal.

de zerbi a good coach but brighton have a clear and sound recruitment strategy as well.

When you survey Europe he’s one of the few young managers with potential on the market. It’s not a long list.
I like him as well... however, defensively his teams have looked crazy this year. They have also dealt with injuries and poor form. He did hit the ground running but teams seem to be losing steam, could be due to european schedule.

I have a feeling Potter is INEOS guy. Wouldn’t be my number one pick, but I think judging him from the Chelsea stint with everything that happened before and after there, we can see that wasn’t his fault.

Missing Europe completely so we only have to play once a week is probably ideal.
I liked potter before chelsea... he couldnt handle that job/media... no way he can deal with United.

Well that's some comparison...

what are they smokin in spain bro? This man thought this was a logical argument? Hows about you get out there and market your league, renegotiate streaming rights.. Push the naratives of clubs outside of barca/madrid.

Back
Top Bottom