OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
If we're being honest, Vini likes to taunt and that doesn't help
If not excusing it, what exactly is your point then? That Vini's taunting incites extra racism?
Again, I assume this is some sort of misunderstanding but it really reads that way.

Negative. Just calling what I peeped from him in the game against Barca.

Tchoumeni, Camavinga, Bellingham are on the same team as him but aren't being singled out

🙄

Show me where I said that
Again, I don't think you meant the above to come across in the way it did but it's hard to argue it didn't come off that way to some extent.
Does Vini's taunting incite more racism than he'd already face regardless just for being a world class black player? Sure, but if he was white this wouldn't happen.
So the point of 'well, he likes to taunt' just doesn't really seem to serve a point. It shouldn't matter even if he was the most annoying ****houser to set foot on a pitch.

tbf he's disappointing for someone with so much talent
he really needs a team and manager around him for guidance cause he should be so much more productive.
and the way he doesn't work hard off the ball does him no favors

Agreed here.

That’s why I want him to go to Barça or City.

To level himself up.

Again, I don't think you meant the above to come across in the way it did but it's hard to argue it didn't come off that way to some extent.
Does Vini's taunting incite more racism than he'd already face regardless just for being a world class black player? Sure, but if he was white this wouldn't happen.
So the point of 'well, he likes to taunt' just doesn't really seem to serve a point. It shouldn't matter even if he was the most annoying ****houser to set foot on a pitch.
He said I said vini was taunting fans which I never did

Vini taunts opposing players on the field

This is a big weekend.. City and Liverpool are both def gonna win their games and we got a tough one against Villa 👀

He said I said vini was taunting fans which I never did

Vini taunts opposing players on the field
Yeah that was an error on vtotheinay vtotheinay ’s part but feels more like semantics. In spite of that, it was very clear he was referring to your posts in the discussion that I quoted some parts from in my previous post.

His point wasn’t about taunting, it was the way your posts in that Vini racism discussion came off as bordering on justifying the racism he faces.
I can only speak for myself but I’ve seen nothing else to suggest you would’ve intentionally done such a thing, however many here (myself included) agreed your argument came off that way judging by the replies and the amount of 💯s in that discussion.

I’d rather get back to just footy talk in all honesty since the Vini argument doesn’t need to be relitigated. With an accusation like that though, I figured I’d show the context of where that accusation came from all of a sudden, in case some don’t recall.

Last edited:
This is a big weekend.. City and Liverpool are both def gonna win their games and we got a tough one against Villa 👀
And we have away at Newcastle :emoji_eyes:
Hope the squad is prepared for some world class elbows from Guimarães.
Newcastle can be tough if they’re on their game at home

Back
Top Bottom