OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The Saudi’s won’t fold like Chinese Super League.

As long as we’re pumping gas it’s impossible.

You’re favorite team gave them the blueprint.
That’s cool and I don’t care if the Saudi league does that. I’m just arguing that doing that isn’t the path for MLS and what that league really needs.

one thing people don’t seem to be mentioning really is how much money he brings in and how little he wants to play for. with barca’s financial struggles, messi would be doing barca a lot of good on and off the pitch
Wait what? How little? Didn’t he leave over wages and how Y’all couldn’t afford him? I’m confused

The MLS could never.

Attract an in his prime global superstar?

But they want me to take the MLS seriously? Hah.
Better change that avy to Son in a Hilal or Nassr kit soon.
The Saudi’s won’t fold like the Chinese Super League.

As long as we’re pumping gas it’s impossible.

You’re favorite team gave them the blueprint. Now they want to do it at home.

How much are the Saudis paying you?

Speaking of the Saudis…

Look at what they just did. Look at what they forced.

Can’t wait for the MLS-Saudi League cup. Trump would be proud.

1686061471464.jpeg

How much are the Saudis paying you?

You know damn well I’ve been anti-MLS since the beginning. Since you’ve ever heard me in this forum.

No League/Country without a relegation system and “pay to play” at a youth level will ever be considered “legitimate” to me. This is not real to me.

The Saudis are actually paying catchup to neighbors. Qatar and UAE have been in this game for a long time.

Oh okay. I agree.

The MLS cares more about profiting.
I mean all these dudes in it for a profit but that’s besides the point. I’m talking about growing a domestic fanbase and you not gonna do that here by signing aging stars we’ve got enough evidence that don’t really change much.

i honestly don't know how to rate the MLS
It’s a league in a weird spot. It has so much ground to make up as far as interest cause it’s just not as long standing and it’s stuck between two worlds essentially and that’s people who have followed the sport for ages love pro rel and all that and at the same time trying to appeal to the American audience that dont mess with that. Always stuck in two minds about what to do and it’s some goofy dudes at the top. But regardless of that the one thing it can do that everyone will like is focusing on making it easier and more access for locals to come up in the game be a development and selling league in general too some clubs are already fully on this program. If you can create local hero’s that come up and play for the club in they city you can get people who don’t care about the sport cause everyone love those kinda stories the more of those the better. You need regular people who aren’t hardcore fans of European football for this league to stand on its own legs. Especially when a decent amount hardcore fans of European football stateside won’t watch MLS anyway cause the quality will never measure up to the top level, that’s not the people the league needs to be trying to get. There’s a lot MLS needs to do better and change. But I am glad the league as a whole is not doing the buying aging European stars thing anymore priced out of that game or not I’m glad the league is moving off that.

:emoji_exclamation:Gavi registration:

✅The Court of Barcelona understands that the precautionary measure that allowed the registration of Gavi as a player of the first team YES that it was carried out within the corresponding period

#Exclusiva :emoji_bangbang: Juventus has sent a letter to Real Madrid and Barcelona saying that it is starting the legal process to disassociate itself from the Super League. It is a bureaucratic process that will take a few weeks, but the decision is firm.

Back
Top Bottom