OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The Portuguese people are different.

It’s almost like the Portuguese people feel honored you’re visiting their country and they go out of their way to help you.
That part 🎯
I really love these hairy mfs (pause)
As a matter of fact, since we were just talking food
IMG_20220806_195936__01.jpg

IMG_20220806_161658__01.jpg

Portuguese cuisine might be the goat Mediterranean food

That part 🎯
I really love these hairy mfs (pause)
As a matter of fact, since we were just talking food
IMG_20220806_195936__01.jpg

IMG_20220806_161658__01.jpg

Portuguese cuisine might be the goat Mediterranean food

Rissóis and bolos de bacalhau :pimp:

It is the GOAT Mediterranean cuisine and at the same time the most UNDERLOOKED.

Yes I’m biased :lol: - but still the food is veryyy underrated.

You ain't lying tho, very underlooked unfortunately. Always flavorful, very particular and distinctive. Cuisine of the people really.

I had no idea before the pandemic Jamaicans ate salted Cod like that.

I just had jerk chicken and homemade Patties from one of my moms friends growing up.

She recently passed away.

R.I.P. Blanche.
There's two other dishes. Coconut run down with saltfish(this can be subbed out for other seafood). The next would be seasoned rice. It's like a fried rice, but without frying. You basically sautee the saltfish similar to the cookup saltfish and combine it with white rice and let it steam down. You can add shrimp and cooked pumpkin to it as well. Sprinkle some hot sauce or cut up a scotch bonnet and you're in heaven.

My best friend is half Grenadian/half white. I remember going to his fathers house in Brooklyn during high school and his pops cooked some salted cod dishes I really liked.

I ate and enjoyed them. But my boy didn’t. He was Americanized to the core.

Literally all he eats is Mac and cheese, bagels, rice, and chicken cutlet sandwiches. :lol:

There's two other dishes. Coconut run down with saltfish(this can be subbed out for other seafood). The next would be seasoned rice. It's like a fried rice, but without frying. You basically sautee the saltfish similar to the cookup saltfish and combine it with white rice and let it steam down. You can add shrimp and cooked pumpkin to it as well. Sprinkle some hot sauce or cut up a scotch bonnet and you're in heaven.
anigif_sub-buzz-9359-1505997729-10.gif

There's a way to make bacalhau good? We call that fish "kabeljauw" here but there's a Suriname sandwhich called "broodje(bread) bakkeljauw". I swear that has to be the most utterly bland fish in all of existence. Absolutely zero inherent flavor, it'd take a spice magician to make that fish worthwhile.
Nothing special about the texture either, I really do see it as the worst fish.

Last edited:
I’ve never been but I hear Greece is crazy with the scamming too. On the islands.

Charging $850 for a meal for two and pick pocketing. :lol:

Greek hospitality is generally good but there are a fair share of scammers too, especially drivers. My first time in Greece, I asked the taxi driver if he had change (Gave him 70 Euro for a 55 ride) dude said yes, ran into the car, and just sped off. A lot of drivers conveniently don’t have change and basically get a free 5-10 euro when you’re in a rush to get to the airport and don’t have time to argue over a few Euros

That’s why I always just order cars with apps to get a fixed price

I wouldn’t say the islands are scams but some things are just too overpriced. We went to Mykonos recently and didn’t realize you have to pay to enjoy the beach, and of course they charge you 300 Euro for a daybed or some @$&$ (That’s excluding any type of food or drinks). We were like “nah let’s just go to the beach in some other city or country”

I highly recommend the Greek islands (including lesser known islands like Naxos) overall though. Great views/weather, amazing seafood, relaxed atmosphere,etc. Lots of non-tourist trap and reasonably priced restaurants that just aren’t Instagram famous (I know none of us care, but the people who complain about ripoff restaurants usually go to the ones that are posted all over IG by their favorite “influencers”)

Athens LOOKS shady but is overall safe, and I don’t think pickpocketing is more common there than other cities. By looking shady I mean that every single inch of every single building is covered in the worst quality, just pure trash graffiti. I thought I had ended up in some run down/dangerous neighborhood and was about to book a new hotel, but in the morning I realized I actually was in nice area near the city center. Really fun city but I would never buy/build any property there, cause it would be completely tagged up within hours of being completed

Last edited:
There's a way to make bacalhau good? We call that fish "kabeljauw" here but there's a Suriname sandwhich called "broodje(bread) bakkeljauw". I swear that has to be the most utterly bland fish in all of existence. Absolutely zero inherent flavor, it'd take a spice magician to make that fish worthwhile.

It started as the “ Poor Man’s Fish” when refrigeration wasn’t invented yet.

Cod in general is okay. I agree it’s definitely not the best fish.

BUT aged Salted Cod is great.

Go to Portugal. We have 150 recipes for it. It’s amazing. Trust me.

But that’s not all we have.

Like CutIt said, Portugal will change your views on this cheap *** fish. Heck Jamaica and a few other creole places around the world would make it your best dish frfr

Back
Top Bottom