OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know Mexico doesn’t have Brasil or Argentina type of money/foundations.

Mexico currently has more money and better football infrastructure than Argentina. Lots of Argentine players that don’t get signed by a European or Brazilian club will go to Mexico to make money.

Mexico currently has more money and better football infrastructure than Argentina. Lots of Argentine players that don’t get signed by a European or Brazilian club will go to Mexico to make money.

Did not know that fiscally, wow.

But from a local club/grass root level you guys have to have them dominated.

The Argentina pyramid has always been top notch.

Did not know that fiscally, wow.

But from a local club/grass root level you guys have to have them dominated.

The Argentina pyramid has always been top notch.

In terms of producing talent, of course. We will always be among the top nations in producing top players. I’m just speaking in terms of the general wealth of our clubs and leagues. We’ve become an exporter league, even within latin america. Most clubs play in old stadiums that are falling apart. You think Fenway is bad, go watch a match at the famous Bombonera.

20240326_140103.jpg
20240326_142835.jpg
20240326_142837.jpg
20240326_142840.jpg

20240326_143252.jpg

20240326_142919.jpg

20240326_140103.jpg

In terms of producing talent, of course. We will always be among the top nations in producing top players. I’m just speaking in terms of the general wealth of our clubs and leagues. We’ve become an exporter league, even within latin america. Most clubs play in old stadiums that are falling apart. You think Fenway is bad, go watch a match at the famous Bombonera.

Yea so México really has no excuse.

They really need to tear the whole system down and start over.

And btw, I’ve told you this before Bomobonera > Fenway idc idc idc

It's hard to go into the failures of Mexican athletics without treading into certain unsavory racial territory but they are the most obese countries in the world (75 percent of the population is overweight or obese), have acute struggles with diabetes etc. There are not a very tall country either as the average Mexican man is about 5'7.

Having traveled throughout Latin America fairly extensively I can say Mexico is way less superficial than a lot of South American countries but that also has the downside of working out not being taken very seriously in the country. Working out has become really popular in a lot of South America over the past few decades but still isn't as much as a thing in Mexico.

I'm sure with a better foundational setup Mexican futbol would be in a better place, but I think there is probably a ceiling to how good they'll ever be due to the physical limitations of the bulk of the population.

I mean this is impossible to predict right now but do you think because of Argentina’s financial troubles the last decade, we’ll see less talent from there in say, 10 years?

Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T

Colombia is another sleeping giant.

If they up their GDP one day their footballing institutions will get better.

So many people there too. They produce way better than Mexico now.

I could be wrong I’m sure there are people in this thread that could have more info but from the outside looking in it just seems like the Mexican FA does not prioritize football and developing players anywhere there close as they as prioritize trying to make as much money as they can and as fast as they can even if it’s to the detriment of the domestic league and young players that have potential to go elsewhere for better development.

It's hard to go into the failures of Mexican athletics without treading into certain unsavory racial territory but they are the most obese countries in the world (75 percent of the population is overweight or obese), have acute struggles with diabetes etc. There are not a very tall country either as the average Mexican man is about 5'7.

Having traveled throughout Latin America fairly extensively I can say Mexico is way less superficial than a lot of South American countries but that also has the downside of working out not being taken very seriously in the country. Working out has become really popular in a lot of South America over the past few decades but still isn't as much as a thing in Mexico.

I'm sure with a better foundational setup Mexican futbol would be in a better place, but I think there is probably a ceiling to how good they'll ever be due to the physical limitations of the bulk of the population.

Guy basically just said Mexico is too fat and unathletic of a population :lol:

Wild. :lol:

I could be wrong I’m sure there are people in this thread that could have more info but from the outside looking in it just seems like the Mexican FA does not prioritize football and developing players anywhere there close as they as prioritize trying to make as much money as they can and as fast as they can even if it’s to the detriment of the domestic league and young players that have potential to go elsewhere for better development.

I can see that too.

Mexican league makes a lot of money. They’re a big league.

we need to do everything to get him to bayern asap. he's a lifelong bayern fan, been seen working out in bayern gear in past summers and gotten real close with musiala. having that duo for the next 5+ years would be :emoji_fire:
not a fan of this move at all...

Back
Top Bottom