OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
RDT-20230207-1431288837345170311057607.webp

GOD DAMNNNN

That Burger is huge!!

You know how much Arteta must have told?!?!

On one of my trips to Manchester we (city friend and I) decided to stay through the week to see city , after catching a United game at the weekend. Mind you, I had to purchase our United tickets months in advance and from someone off Reddit who was a season ticket owner. For city we literally showed up to the ticket box and got our pick of anywhere in the stadium. You cannot do that for United games and I hear the same for most of the bigger English clubs. I’m assuming this boils down to the demand and the amount of fans that travel internationally to attend.

I’m sure if you polled 10 random people in Manchester, at least 8 of them are United supporters.

It really is a city divided if I’m being honest.. deff felt like more red support but I also notice that more I suppose . But if you factor your city is split but then one club has extreme national and international reach you get a much bigger divide. You could probably make the same comparison with you guys and Everton.

It really is a city divided if I’m being honest.. deff felt like more red support but I also notice that more I suppose . But if you factor your city is split but then one club has extreme national and international reach you get a much bigger divide. You could probably make the same comparison with you guys and Everton.

Everton seems to have no issue filling their stadium. Granted it’s old and smaller than the Etihad, but I doubt they’ll have issues filling the brand new stadium they plan on building in the future. That said, Everton have a decent amount of silverware in their cabinets. They’re a much more storied club than City was before the oil money.

Yeah I just meant more in terms of one club having both local and international pull and the other not so much. Everton has a decent history in their own right.

Yeah I just meant more in terms of one club having both local and international pull and the other not so much. Everton has a decent history in their own right.

Oh no doubt. City has definitely earned a new crop of international supporters this past decade but it’s still microscopic in comparison to United. Doubt there are many Everton fans outside of Merseyside :lol:

Everton seems to have no issue filling their stadium. Granted it’s old and smaller than the Etihad, but I doubt they’ll have issues filling the brand new stadium they plan on building in the future. That said, Everton have a decent amount of silverware in their cabinets. They’re a much more storied club than City was before the oil money.
Go West Ham. Proves that if you got the fans they'll come. jumping from Boelyn ground to London Stadium all while staying a mid table team for life (essentially)

Go West Ham. Proves that if you got the fans they'll come. jumping from Boelyn ground to London Stadium all while staying a mid table team for life (essentially)

I’m sorry but the… “Manchester United fans said they were going to protest their Owners by not attending home games this season…”

But end up “Second place in attendance with 99.7 percent” was hilarious :rofl: :rofl:

These English fans are still amazing. The lowest team is still like 96 percent full in attendance.

That’s not happening anywhere else.

These English fans are still amazing. The lowest team is still like 96 percent full in attendance.

That’s not happening anywhere else.

Wonder if they’re just counting ticket sales or people who actually scan their ticket to get into the stadium? Lots of events “sell out” but really large swaths of tickets are being bought by resellers but are never resold and used. I have a feeling that’s the case for City’s 96% because a lot of those matches don’t look like they’re 96% full.

Yeah spot on, the city is split and Citeh were **** during the Prem boom and have no history. So they won’t have as many day trippers as the other top clubs. Could be different in 10 20 years when all the kids that latched on to them during this period of success grow up. Emptihad too big for them currently.

Wonder if they’re just counting ticket sales or people who actually scan their ticket to get into the stadium? Lots of events “sell out” but really large swaths of tickets are being bought by resellers but are never resold and used. I have a feeling that’s the case for City’s 96% because a lot of those matches don’t look like they’re 96% full.

City’s stadium was always way too big.

Michael Jordan owns a basketball team and a billion dollar fashion label…

Ronaldinho went to jail in Paraguay for 6 months two-years ago for trying to smuggle fake passports across the border…

They are not the same :lol:
Relax. I was talking about them dressing the same :lol:

Back
Top Bottom