OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don’t see it with Rodrygo either, but to me the more concerning performances came from Raphina and Jesus tonight. At least Martinelli and Rodrygo are taking dudes on, those other two look lost

Has anyone ever had any expectations for Rodrygo? I like him as a player but so many other guys catch slander in here week-in-week-out and he gets to be pretty paltry in the production categories for a guy some try to make seem like he is a sure fire 100m forward?
he’s brazilian pedro.
not an insult either. he’s just not that guy.

It always baffles me when people try to tell others how they should vote or critique another nation's decision as if they live there or fully understand the political landscape.
Ehh, the "you don't live here, you don't understand" is a cop out answer I'eve heard over-and-over again in my life from certain people (Israeli's, Cuban-Americans etc.) to cover for their countries history, behavior or actions, as if you can only understand what's going on if you were born there.

To be fair, Argentina has been such an economic mess for a long time, I can get how someone like Millei got elected in the current moment when inflation is over 100%. South America doesn't have much of a center politically, the history is often huge swings between leftist governments and the far right.

I think Rodrygo is very skilled and a talented footballer but lacks a clear position that isn't the result of coaching but just who he is. He doesn't have the pace/athleticism to me to really be an elite guy on the wing. I think his ideal situation is kind of being a Firmino, ideally he plays with runners and more prolific goal-scorers around him who he can link up with and create oppourtunities for, but once again, that means to get the best out of him, he kind of has to be playing with world-beaters like he currently does at Madrid.

Ehh, the "you don't live here, you don't understand" is a cop out answer I'eve heard over-and-over again in my life from certain people (Israeli's, Cuban-Americans etc.) to cover for their countries history, behavior or actions, as if you can only understand what's going on if you were born there.

To be fair, Argentina has been such an economic mess for a long time, I can get how someone like Millei got elected in the current moment when inflation is over 100%. South America doesn't have much of a center politically, the history is often huge swings between leftist governments and the far right.
It could be used as a cop out, but 99% of the time, the commentators lack the granular key details, overall knowledge and history. People barely know American history, but will want to tell you about another country. It's laugable.

It always baffles me when people try to tell others how they should vote or critique another nation's decision as if they live there or fully understand the political landscape.

Case by case bases. Really depends on the country at hand and their politic influence on the global scale.

On Rodrygo, still unconvinced he is part of the long term RM plans. Whether it be for RM or Brazil, not seeing Elite level ability out him yet. Not much quality at the RW position so I can see him staying at RM for a while but not up to that level. Might be someone who would benefit from the 10 position still existing.

Case by case bases. Really depends on the country at hand and their politic influence on the global scale.
Americans live in the most powerful influential country and they don't even know their own politics. In fact most of them don't even vote in their own local elections.

Americans live in the most powerful influential country and they don't even know their own politics. In fact most of them don't even vote in their own local elections.

And that is the point and why I don't see an issue with international interest and criticism in presidential selection.

I'd like to introduce you to the Dunning and Kruger effect.

Im not understanding the point of bring that up. Are you saying because one set of ppl have limited knowledge about all facets of the politic system that influences the global environment they should not be able to have an opinion on it? Europe should not have expressed concerns about the past presdent being elected because they don't understand the 5th district of west Virginia local election?

Actually, not the thread to discuss this in. Brazil NT seems to have a good amount of work to figure out.

Im not understanding the point of bring that up. Are you saying because one set of ppl have limited knowledge about all facets of the politic system that influences the global environment they should not be able to have an opinion on it? Europe should not have expressed concerns about the past presdent being elected because they don't understand the 5th district of west Virginia local election?

Actually, not the thread to discuss this in. Brazil NT seems to have a good amount of work to figure out.
I don't think you comprehend what I'm trying to convey. Let me clarify it further. If a man lacks awareness of what's going on in his own household, how can he presume to dictate what I should do in mine?

I don't think you comprehend what I'm trying to convey. Let me clarify it further. If a man lacks awareness of what's going on in his own household, how can he presume to dictate what I should do in mine?

Last comment on this but question:

Is there a country in the world where the citizens know from top to bottom whats going on in their "own household"?

Last comment on this but question:

Is there a country in the world where the citizens know from top to bottom whats going on in their "own household"?
If you cannot explain the current state of your own country, and on a smaller level your own community, your criticisms of the next government are unwarranted. That being said, there are varying countries across each continent in which people are active within the happenings of their country. South Africa, Argentina, Sweden etc. I believe the best example would be Norway.

damn didn’t realize brazil have never lost a qualifier at home before

that’s wild

Back
Top Bottom