OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
To be fair, Argentina has been such an economic mess for a long time, I can get how someone like Millei got elected in the current moment when inflation is over 100%. South America doesn't have much of a center politically, the history is often huge swings between leftist governments and the far right.

Correct. For the last 20 years Nestor Kirchner, his wife, and their cronies have impoverished the country, destroyed the economy, and rendered the peso worthless. It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that the opposition outsider beat them.

Last edited:
Every week there is an article about Argentine 100%+ inflation rate and how they don’t trust their currency and plan to dollarize it.

The guy is a real and studied economist. He’s an expert in that field. So maybe he really can fix that issue.

I’m sorry but this MFer is hilarious. And he looks like a bad guy from a movie. :lol:

You don’t need to be an expert the country to concede these things. :lol:

He’s a character, no doubt. But I don’t think you guys understand how bad things are down there. Argentina was on its way to becoming Venezuela.

He’s a character, no doubt. But I don’t think you guys understand how bad things are down there. Argentina was on its way to becoming Venezuela.

Oh I get some it. I read it in the business sites whenever it comes up.

Argentines are trading their pesos for the dollar on the black market. They don’t trust their currency. They don’t trust the banks. They’re keeping their dollars under their bed.

It’s crazy. I don’t even know a country gets to 150% inflation. That makes no sense.

Nah I get it and the desperation, just like Coupé It Coupé It . What I don't get is how the Looney Toons version of Trump was the man picked. Were there literally no other alternatives? Has he said anything in terms of a plan to fix things (an actual plan)?

Any reputable websites that can paint a clearer picture since I shouldn't be asking you to do all my homework for me?

Nah I get it and the desperation, just like Coupé It Coupé It . What I don't get is how the Looney Toons version of Trump was the man picked. Were there literally no other alternatives? Has he said anything in terms of a plan to fix things (an actual plan)?

Any reputable websites that can paint a clearer picture since I shouldn't be asking you to do all my homework for me?

I feel like in this day and age you have to be LOUD and divisive to be President in any big country.

That’s just the new norm now.

Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T thanks for informing us. I thought mans was bat**** crazy too but you know...American media.

I hope things get fixed there, seems like the people up top were just eating while letting the economy crumble. Economics is a hard subject matter for the general public to understand, sometimes tough or controversial decisions have to be made that the public disdains but someone gotta do it.

I hate the direction our country is going in on a political scale as well; everything has been so divisive. If I had the means I'd probably live in a different country but that's kind of the problem everywhere around the world.

The other candidate on the right was Patricia Bullrich, a career politician from an old family. Very similar to Mauricio Macri, who was elected in 2015 and did not achieve much. The people clearly wanted an outsider who they believe will enact real reform.

One thing Milei will try to achieve is dollarization, which Ecuador did in 2000. I think that would help stabilize the economy. He will also restore relations with the US and the west, while ending the country’s seedy relationships with countries like Russia and China.

The other candidate on the right was Patricia Bullrich, a career politician from an old family. Very similar to Mauricio Macri, who was elected in 2015 and did not achieve much. The people clearly wanted an outsider who they believe will enact real reform.

One thing Milei will try to achieve is dollarization, which Ecuador did in 2000. I think that would help stabilize the economy. He will also restore relations with the US and the west, while ending the country’s seedy relationships with countries like Russia and China.
Thanks for the insight. Pivoting towards dollarization and what sounds like deal-making to enhance trade with North America will hopefully help stabilize things. Fingers crossed the man doesn't burn bridges the same way other right wing politicians with a penchant for making fools of themselves do.

Your guys out here wilding Coupé It Coupé It

Bruh…

This Porto Presidential race is getting real latinnnnnnnnnnn.

Andre Villas-Boas got his house vandalized and graffitied then they set off fireworks.

Then AVB’s caretaker got beat up and his car stolen around the same time.

Pinto Da Costa set the goons loose.

Back
Top Bottom