OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Maybe this is what he needs to remind the world to stop categorizing him as past it with Modric and that he’s still one of the best. Imo he’s RM’s most important midfielder this season.

To be fair no one saw Kroos having type of ‘rebirth’ especially with the talent we brought in last off season with Tchouameni and the continual improvement of Camavinga and Valverde.

After the trumping we got from City and how inefficient our midfield was its easy to look at their age and point fingers.

TO THIS DAY I feel that Kroos is at his best when the defensive task isnt dependent on him and he had work horses around him to get more physical with more elite teams.

To be fair no one saw Kroos having type of ‘rebirth’ especially with the talent we brought in last off season with Tchouameni and the continual improvement of Camavinga and Valverde.

After the trumping we got from City and how inefficient our midfield was its easy to look at their age and point fingers.

TO THIS DAY I feel that Kroos is at his best when the defensive task isnt dependent on him and he had work horses around him to get more physical with more elite teams.

I’m not sure how much it’s a rebirth and more just played with the right supporting cast in the midfield. When I went to the Bernabeu at the end of last season he was the standout player and it was clear from a technical standpoint he was on another level from every midfielder not named Modric.

Also I don’t think he’s a a straight up liability on defense either. For what he lacks in pace he makes up for by reading the game well. But I do agree he flourishes when teamed with the likes of Tchouameni, Camavinga, Jude, and Fede.

You are also a pool fan and in your feelings my guy :lol:

Why would I be in my feelings? VVD has won us numerous trophies. If anything, the ones who are in their feelings are you United fans who wish they were living back in those days.

You’re constantly longing for the past but I’m the one who is in my feelings. That’s rich :rofl:

VVD pre-knee injury is handling damn near any striker, doesn’t matter the generation. Jordan Pickford has blood on his hands

From my humble perspective watching VVD play, he relishes the match ups against your best 9s. My preference would be to face a cat like haaland, etc more often than not.

What we struggle against are the interchangeable attackers from multiple angles (pause). One minute they bait us in this half space, the next attacking from either touchline, or occupying the false 9 role.

Those 9s that Mr. Ballack mentioned wouldn't want parts of VVD...

And that isn't me saying he's the greatest defender ever or anything sensational like that. But just like we respect those forwards, have some respect for Pootie Tang.

All I’m saying is just because you cheered for a guy when you went through puberty doesn’t mean he’s better than the players now.
funk-flex-now-listen (1).gif

Back
Top Bottom