OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Following up on that Times report earlier

Bayern's CEO has been saying as much

Amorim is one of the top targets now for 'Pool along with De Zerbi.

Brighton having a down season but he might get his choice from Bayern and 'Pool by the end of it

:pimp:

Would love to see if they can go B2B in the league + make noise in the CL.

I imagine they'll also do their all to keep that core together this summer

This is great for football. Would have been a letdown to not see what Xabi’s squad can do in the CL

Also works in RM’s benefit tbh, since Carlo has for sure earned another season, and I expect that next season will be Carlo’s last for RM.

This has been the rumor coming from Portugal since Klopp announced he’s leaving. Pool have definitely been keeping tabs on him if Xabi wasn’t going to take the job.

Looks possible now.

Jesus Christ they butchered his name tho. My god :lol:

This has been the rumor coming from Portugal since Klopp announced he’s leaving. Pool have definitely been keeping tabs on him if Xabi wasn’t going to take the job.

Looks possible now.

Jesus Christ they butchered his name tho. My god :lol:

I meant to ask. What are your thoughts on Ruben?

The European record looks suss but if this deal happens, should we be singing and dancing in the streets?

I meant to ask. What are your thoughts on Ruben?

The European record looks suss but if this deal happens, should we be singing and dancing in the streets?

I think he’s an extremely good coach. A new generation type of Portuguese manager that’s goes for it. He’s more similar to Klopp than Mou by far.

What he has done with Sporting is ridiculous. Sporting hadn’t won a title in 20 years. He did that.

And now Sporting are about to win it again. Sporting are way behind Porto and Benfica in spending due to the fact they don’t make enough to keep up (even tho they have the best academy IMO).

His record in Europe I guess isn’t great but Sporting aren’t that deep in talent. Last year Sporting beat Arsenal in the Europa League tho, kind of embarrassed them at times too.

I think it’s a good hire. If it doesn’t work try for Alonso next year.

I think he’s an extremely good coach. A new generation type of Portuguese manager that’s goes for it. He’s more similar to Klopp than Mou by far.

What he has done with Sporting is ridiculous. Sporting hadn’t won a title in 20 years. He did that.

And now Sporting are about to win it again. Sporting are way behind Porto and Benfica in spending due to the fact they don’t make enough to keep up (even tho they have the best academy IMO).

His record in Europe I guess isn’t great but Sporting aren’t that deep in talent. Last year Sporting beat Arsenal in the Europa League tho, kind of embarrassed them at times too.

I think it’s a good hire. If it doesn’t work try for Alonso next year.
Thanks!

I am not worried about it. Like I said there are always negative or questionable articles about Chelsea during the break :lol:

From what I see, the new ownership is trying to fix Chelsea's bad financial situation. The club averaged £900,000-a-week losses under Roman for years

I doubt the club gets points deduction since Clearlake Capital self-reported the troubles to the PL while purchasing the club. Definitely fines I suppose

I pointed out that the club ain't gonna buy in the last winter transfer window

In the simplest terms, Profit and Sustainability Rules — or PSR — allow clubs to lose £105 million ($134m) over the course of three seasons, or £35m per season, on a rolling basis.

This is on the proviso that £90m is covered by secure funding from owners, such as buying up more shares instead of giving their clubs a loan. The three-year losses allowed without such guarantees are £15m.

Chelsea signed Enzo Fernandez and Mykhailo Mudryk on eight-and-a-half-year contracts, with Moises Caicedo signing for eight years, meaning the accounting cost of those transfer fees could be spread over that entire period.

The Premier League has now brought its rules into line with UEFA's FFP, where clubs can only amortise costs over a maximum of five years.

Handily for Chelsea, the rule change was not backdated, meaning the likes of Fernandez and Mudryk are not stinging the books any more than they already are. For now, it looks like the Blues have managed to comply with PSR.

I never do Hail Marys but I might need to on this one
IMG_2454.png

“Meanwhile in Madrid, there is a super team about to assemble with Mbappé, Davies, Endrick arriving plus the other young talent already there. Ancelotti will stay two more seasons maximum. Alonso will have a unique opportunity to take over a generational squad armed with further experience of competing with Bayern and Champions League experience and be fully prepared for this massive job.

He is only 42 years old, the opportunities of Liverpool or Bayern will likely be there for him later in his career.”

This is what I think will happen too. And why it made perfect sense for Alonso to stay.

Back
Top Bottom