Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Scoring is subjective, especially in close fights like one we just witnessed. However, when a fighter is clearly hurt in a certain round and is still rewarded the round when he doesn’t have any quality punches to show for it in those 3 minutes…that is egregious.

The reason we’re even talking about this is because Haney did nothing to show the world he was the cream of the crop in the division. He found his range and rhythm in round 2 and for some odd reason allowed Lomachenko to take that away. Haney stood in front of Loma all night at close quarters, fully squared. He was there to be hit, and Loma hit him. Haney’s dad knew it too. He constantly told him to get lower and he never did.

Anybody that had Loma winning more than 4 rounds doesn’t know **** about scoring rounds. This thread is a **** show.
Watch the fight next time. But all jokes aside if you asked someone who didn’t know either of these guys which one they think has all the belts based on their performance last night they couldn’t tell you. Haney was terrified waiting for the result. Not that he’d be screwed he legitimately knew their was a chance he could lose.

Loma was gased or knew his assigment. Dude had Haney hurt and then got on his bike and on round 12 dude didn't do **** to say I won.

1684673077587.jpeg

Man the Ukraine war really had a hand in changing the trajectory of Loma's career. Had he not gone (and I do respect him for going to Ukraine) he would have been next in line for the undisputed title against Kambosos no? That fight right there would have been a totally winnable fight for Loma.

Here are Max’s scorecards, I don’t remember seeing them during the fight. Maybe I was busy getting something to drink. Just posting for those who didn’t see them either.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.jpeg
    IMG_2059.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2058.jpeg
    IMG_2058.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_2057.jpeg
    IMG_2057.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 1,436
Last edited:
Back