Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always thought Frank was the worst player in the NBA and I still do.

Knox and Dennis Smith both miraculously look like legit NBA players now so there was definitely something to the complaints about their use and development.
Knox looked like a legit NBA player his Rookie year, now he plays for a bottom feeder and only really looked good a few games when their 2 best players were out. DSJ is averaging 9 & 5, his 1st half with us he averaged 14 & 5. They’re pretty much the same players. Knox and DSJ are not even rotational players on a playoff team at this point.

I think in the end we'd all agree we want the same things.

An actual PG (which we have) and all our young guys to play 30+ min a night for a season and see where we end up in the draft.

The only way that happens is replacing Thibs and trading Randle.

And it's not even just the young guys...as much of a bum as Fournier is, he can be a useful bum.

We've been trying to make him into Devin Booker instead of Steve Novak and he's looked completely lost and broken because of it.

Look how many coaches, systems and losing seasons we've been through. The consistent thread is this organization and their coaching/management choices, not every single player to put on our uniform.

Thibs was using Alec Burks and Elfrid Payton like they're Ja Morant.

At the end of the day every single coach can’t be bad, and every player can’t be good, players have to be held accountable too. Some of our guys have trained with the best, but they just aren’t that good. Thibs is definitely outdated and needs to be replaced.

Just summing it up, every young guy that doesn’t excel isn’t being usedright.. FOH.
That's def not what I'm saying ...

What I'm saying is, give these MF a chance ... let them fail ...

You can't expect a MF to come of the bench with 6 secs left in the 4th and expect them to lock down an offensively gifted player and say ... well that MF sucks.

Likw Bro Obi is a high flying low post player but now MF is spotting off and getting BS minutes. I dislike Cam but you can't say MF wasnt balling out when he was starting ... he was.

I'm not expecting them to be AllStars but to say every dude that is not like Curry/Luka/Freak/etc is wack, is stupid. They have their place in the league ... however, these dudes be looking borderline unserviceble.

If you would day, man we drafte Keels that MF sucks .. i be like you're right. But I cant say that about these other kids man. They arent mega stars but they aint scrubs .. Duece Sims Obi Cam have a place.

Thibs and Ballinsam23 are one in the same, they want to win now and they want megastars to do so ... anything else .. they blame the roster.

Derek Fisher, Hornacek & Fizdale should've never been head coaches and there's a reason Thibs keeps getting bounced around the league and falling out with young players.

Our roster is suboptimal but you need a coach who can maximize the talent the he has and sees the vision of the front office.

This man was playing Taj Gibson 30 minutes a game and still can't see the usefulness of bringing in Sims for his energy and hustle.

Thibs stubbornly refused to give the young guys any burn until his starters got injured last season and he only started experimenting with different lineups when his seat started getting hot earlier this season.

Last edited:
At the end of the day every single coach can’t be bad, and every player can’t be good, players have to be held accountable too. Some of our guys have trained with the best, but they just aren’t that good. Thibs is definitely outdated and needs to be replaced.
I mean ...

I been saying **** Randle .... he is bad for our team ... yet he is balling and putting good stats but when you look at the game you see MF is detrimental.

I can't blame Obi or Cam or Duece or Sims .... I can't because I see potential and instincts .... I just don't see them playing.

Lets be serious, do you think Isaiah should be coming off the bench over Sims?

But yet some of you would say he is just a scrub.

Derek Fisher, Hornacek & Fizdale should've never been head coaches and there's a reason Thibs keeps getting bounced around the league and falling out with young players.

Our roster is suboptimal but you need a coach who can maximize the talent he has sees the vision of the front office.

This man was playing Taj Gibson 30 minutes a game and still can't see the usefulness of bringing in Sims for his energy and hustle.

Thibs stubbornly refused to give the young guys any burn until his starters got injured last season and he only started experimenting with different lineups when his seat started getting hot earlier this season.
You and me are on the same wave man. I was about to say besides Mike Woodson who was a good coach?? Come on.

MF playing real bottom feeders _m/ journeymens like they were allstars all while burying the picks. Same **** with Potatohead ....

That's def not what I'm saying ...

What I'm saying is, give these MF a chance ... let them fail ...

You can't expect a MF to come of the bench with 6 secs left in the 4th and expect them to lock down an offensively gifted player and say ... well that MF sucks.

Likw Bro Obi is a high flying low post player but now MF is spotting off and getting BS minutes. I dislike Cam but you can't say MF wasnt balling out when he was starting ... he was.

I'm not expecting them to be AllStars but to say every dude that is not like Curry/Luka/Freak/etc is wack, is stupid. They have their place in the league ... however, these dudes be looking borderline unserviceble.

If you would day, man we drafte Keels that MF sucks .. i be like you're right. But I cant say that about these other kids man. They arent mega stars but they aint scrubs .. Duece Sims Obi Cam have a place.

Thibs and Ballinsam23 are one and the same, they want to win now and they want megastars to do so ... anything else .. they blame the roster.
I Def do agree with you. Just frustrating that fans are still making excuses for the RJs and types. And I may sound crazy but salary aside I’d probably take IQ over RJ right now. RJ and Randle are our biggest problems but Randle can drop 50 and people will still complain about the way he played that game but still ride for RJ no matter how bad he plays.

I mean ...

I been saying **** Randle .... he is bad for our team ... yet he is balling and putting good stats but when you look at the game you see MF is detrimental.

I can't blame Obi or Cam or Duece or Sims .... I can't because I see potential and instincts .... I just don't see them playing.

Lets be serious, do you think Isaiah should be coming off the bench over Sims?

But yet some of you would say he is just a scrub.
Hell nah you know I like Sims and been against Hart since jump :lol:

Definitely agree.

He literally just has Obi standing in the corner for spot up threes. That's his only role on this team.

The slam dunk champ and one of the best motors in the league :lol:

I don't think I've seen us ever run a set to give him a post entry pass on mismatch. Not even once.

How can you fairly asses a young player who being misused like that?

Not even just talking about head coaches though, all the assistant and special off season coaches were all bad and couldn’t develop our guys?

I don't think anyone is defending RJ ... I'm not going to bash him either as of yet ... but I been really close man.

It's really heart breaking to see that we had the best odds and still got the 3rd pick over 2 beasts.

A lot of sense being made finally. You assess talent AFTER you've given players an opportunity. You don't resign players to being trash with zero attempt to acclimate them or put them in position for them to be successful. I've seen enough basketball in my lifetime to be able to see clear as day that Obi, Cam, Sims, Mitch, IQ, Grimes and Deuce are all talented young players who belong in the league. I'm tired of talking about Frank and Knox. This is not that 🤷🏾‍♂️. Knicks fans all have PTSD, myself included

You and me are on the same wave man. I was about to say besides Mike Woodson who was a good coach?? Come on.

MF playing real bottom feeders _m/ journeymens like they were allstars all while burying the picks. Same **** with Potatohead ....
This team hasn’t been the same since Woodson left and it only got worse once Payne left. Not to overhype Woodson but the Knicks can do Better coach wise. Apparently, Thibs is running a bottom 5 defense. That is disgusting and a clear sign he needs to go.

Guess it wasn’t Thibs fault

30472851-6F68-438E-A9DC-C6E20BA1EA38.jpeg

We’re 11th and I had us at 8-10 to end the season.

Why do all of this just to be in that position

By deadline trade Randle / Fournier /IQ, keep everyone else & maybe trade rose to a contender.

Have Brunson lead the young guys & Get Victor Wem and Ume next year.

Mitch x Vic = Block party

9FD46C70-B717-40EB-9EA0-4DFE94FFEB65.jpeg

Last edited:
deadass cannot stand listening to this mf talk anymore

all the ****ing stuttering, speaking sweet nothings, and STILL acting as if the media the ones not seeing some bigger picture or grand scheme he has cooking

and RJ??

yeah he’s absolutely lost out there but never really seen him speak with this idgaf type demeanor he got here either

dude just sounds defeated and over it

Kinda crazy how out of the last 8 coaches we had, only 1 stuck around the league and got another head coaching job.

deadass cannot stand listening to this mf talk anymore

all the ****ing stuttering, speaking sweet nothings, and STILL acting as if the media the ones not seeing some bigger picture or grand scheme he has cooking

and RJ??

yeah he’s absolutely lost out there but never really seen him speak with this idgaf type demeanor he got here either

dude just sounds defeated and over it

i mean he came in accepting the pressure of NY and has handled it well. he's the highest paid player on our team as the #3 overall pick, yet the HC doesn't run plays for him or anyone else that caters to their strengths. Thibs lets Randle do whatever TF he wants and makes everyone else fight for their shots. and then this MF has the nerve to yell at players like its their damn fault that they're setup to fail. players talk amongst themselves and the discontent about the rotation, minutes allocation, etc have all been discussed. at this point they're just playing to play.

Seeing a theme with this team. We look good for a quarter or two and then get absolutely humiliated in a following quarter. Like it's 5 on 1.

**** Tim Hardaway Jr ***** ***, ****in bozo. He's garbage. Was waiting for someone to get in his face last night after he was talking **** and no one did. SMH, sorry *** ****in team. Bring back the 90s.

Thibs gotta go, we needed Kenny Atkinson. Work with our young players, Obi and RJ should be better. RJ took a step back. **** is exhausting to watch.

Every good coach in the league makes adjustments at the half. Thibs doesnt.

No other explanation why we lose every 2nd half and look terrible in the 3rd quarters

Tonite gonna be the end to a bad weekend for NY sports. G-MEN tricked off their win & now the Knicks can make it a weekend sweep.

It’s not gonna happen but the best thing for this coach is to go on and bench Randle. Never gonna happen tho so until he’s gone they will still melt in tough moments like soft baby****.

That should be the first move to contemplate between alladem who’s seats likely be getting warmer game to game now.

Back
Top Bottom