Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our lineups are either way too small or way too big. I think we'll still have the best bench in the league though.

Expectations:
-Grimes to take the next step, its now or never
-Brunson to play at an MVP candidate level
-RJ to be a better scorer. Think his FT % goes up to avg 20+

If any of those happen, we should be close to the 50 mark.

FTs were 74% last year so 75% is fine. Need his 3% to get up to 38-41% like during his second year. He was sub 35 last year. That should be enough.

i thik grimes deserves some space and time to evolve like other players who've been given similar opportunities. he didn't get burn his first season, the 2022-2023 season saw him getting more playing time & confidence and this will be his first season where his minutes are consistent.

i have high expectations for him once he makes that break

FTs were 74% last year so 75% is fine. Need his 3% to get up to 38-41% like during his second year. He was sub 35 last year. That should be enough.

I still don’t understand how his shot regressed so much from that season. If he can get to 38-41% like you said, from the 31% last season, his over all FG% should be in the high 40s.

I still don’t understand how his shot regressed so much from that season. If he can get to 38-41% like you said, from the 31% last season, his over all FG% should be in the high 40s.

I mean he had the ball in his hand more before Brunson got there. Changed from 2nd to 3rd option. I think this year he’s more ready for it. He played solid in the worlds as his teams 2/3 option.

I’m hoping he’s more ready for it. The loss in 3% was confusing to me because watching last years preseason he was as knocking them down at a super high rate and then he just went dry at the beginning of the year and had to work his way back.

I mean he had the ball in his hand more before Brunson got there. Changed from 2nd to 3rd option. I think this year he’s more ready for it. He played solid in the worlds as his teams 2/3 option.

I’m hoping he’s more ready for it. The loss in 3% was confusing to me because watching last years preseason he was as knocking them down at a super high rate and then he just went dry at the beginning of the year and had to work his way back.

I’ve been saying the same thing. He also played well in the playoffs, so hopefully the post season and FIBA success carries on into the season.

This upcoming season could be pivotal for Coach Thibs and the Knicks. Depending on the team's performance, if we're a mid-tier team with only Brunson performing at an All-Star level and solid role players, it might be wise to pursue another star. If some players are excelling, we could maintain the course and strengthen the bench. However, if the season goes poorly, it may lead to a rebuilding phase and potentially a coaching change.

I haven't had the opportunity to see Donte in action extensively. I'm curious if he's noticeably better than Evan or the other Knicks' bench players. Although he's had considerable playing time tonight, he hasn't made a strong impression.

really wanted to give randle the benefit of the doubt heading into the season but he’s still as big a bum as ever

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom